Brian Jones #2 (The Rolling Stones)

This might be sad, so get ready. This is also loosely based on 'You Can't Always Get What You Want', which I like to believe is about Brian.

Also, there's kind of a trigger warning for suicide and death.

The girl stood in front of the closed casket, observing the dark, polished wood that it was made out of.

She could see her distorted reflection in the covering and focused her eyes upon that, to distract herself from the facts that she didn't want to face.

In order to do this, she had a glass of red wine wrapped in both of her hands and took small sips of it every few minutes. Periodically, she smoothed out her black dress and stood completely still as the wind blew around her.

In the background she could hear the muffled voices of people talking to one another, and even some music being played in the distance. But she wasn't paying attention to any of it. All she could do was think.

Think about him. And when he was still alive. And why he had to go, and leave her on this planet all alone. She wasn't sure what she was going to do without him.

But most of all, she was confused. Confused as to why her lover was dead. Why he would have died. Before he died, he was the happiest she had ever seen him, and that's what made her head spin.

  Before he died, he was off his drugs, and even though he had been fired from the band, he was doing fantastic. It was a better version of himself, and he would now never get to be that version ever again.

   And drowning? He knew how to swim. He had no drugs in his system, she was sure of it. He had been off them for a couple weeks so she couldn't understand why or how he had died, all by himself. While the others left him there, "all alone".

She didn't want to think about how this happened, but she was lost. The only explainable reason for this happening was that he was killed. Someone killed him.

She wasn't sure who; maybe one of the people who were with him, but she was almost positive. None of the dots connected to make it a death from drugs or suicide, and this was the only way it could have possibly happened.

As she stood, still looking at her reflection, she saw someone come up behind her, and rest his hand on her shoulder. Her mind instantly cleared of the dark thoughts while the person began to speak.

"How are you doing?" It was Mick's voice, she knew it without even turning around to face him.

"How do you think?" You answered, frustrated with the situation, but Mick didn't take it personally.

At this moment, Mick released his hand from the girl's shoulder but still stayed directly behind her, keeping her company for as long as she would need it.

After a couple moments of silence, the man was the one to speak first, triggering even more memories in the girl's mind.

"He really loved you, you know,"

She smiled and let a tear fall from her cheek. "Believe me, I know,"

  The girl paused again, only to finish her thoughts very soon after.

  "So why'd he have to go and die, right? I mean, if he was so happy why is he now gone?"

   She turned around to face Mick and his hands slowly began to shift in front of his stomach, hesitant to what the answer to her question really was.

   "(Y/N), it wasn't on purpose-" He answered uneasily, but was cut off.

  "Really? Because that's what I've been saying all along. But no one believes it. They all think it was from drugs he was taking, which is insane."

   The girl stopped talking to take another sip of her red wine. She looked directly in Mick's eyes and saw sympathy, both for her and Brian, but mostly her. She ignored the weird feeling his stare gave her and continued to think about whether or not she should really say what was on her mind. If she didn't, she'd have to live with a burden on her shoulders for the rest of her life. But then again, if she did, it could ruin everything.

   "If he loved me so much," She paused, making her decision. "He wouldn't have killed himself like you all thought he did."

   She said the last part louder than the rest, which turned heads to stare at both her and Mick, who could notice every single pair of eyes upon him. The girl on the other hand, couldn't care less.

   "Mick," She continued and his eyes shifted to her. "You've got to understand. As soon as you fired him, he was like a whole new person. He was so happy, the happiest I'd seen him in months." Tears began to fall from her eyes and she didn't bother to wipe them off.

   "I know, I get it, and I'm sorry-" He was cut off.

  "No!" The girl began to yell and even more heads were turned. "You don't get it! He was off his drugs! There's no possibly he couldn't have died all alone by himself!" She screamed.

   At this moment, the tears were falling faster and faster from both her eyes and down her cheeks. Mick, understanding, wiped a couple of them off for her, periodically.

   "He wouldn't have killed himself!" She continued yelling. "And he wouldn't have died on his own! He wouldn't have left me here all alone if he had a choice!" Every single pair of eyes were watching her now,  yet they all tried their best not to stare. It wasn't a very good effort.

   "(Y/N)," Mick whispered, trying to calm her down. But she refused.

  "No! I know what happened, Mick!" The girl insisted. "Someone killed him! Someone murdered Brian Jones!"

  "(Y/N)," Mick whispered again but it still had no effect, as the girl began hyperventilating.

   "They took away the only thing I had! They took away him and they took away his life! It's not fair!"

  That was the last thing the girl said before she could no longer speak, overwhelmed with depression, and even a little bit of guilt. She sobbed, and sobbed and sobbed. And even when Mick pulled her in for a hug, she didn't stop.

  She didn't stop crying until she saw him again. Three days. That was all it took for her to see him again. Three days until she passed away.

A/n: That was kind of bad. Sorry it took me so long to write it though, I'm back at work and extremely busy. Thanks for reading. -Liz :)