Glenn Frey #2 (Eagles)

Um yeah, so as you can see, I'm writing about the same guy because I have no ideas while I'm stuck in this quarantine. How's your guys' quarantine going by the way?

This is why I'm once again asking for YOUR REQUESTS (lmao, the Bernie Sanders meme. Vote for Bernie, love him.) But anyways, send 'em in and I'll write it because I need stuff to do, and this will actually motivate me to write more! Alright, enjoy.

The man in front of you practically glowed with energy, radiating high hopes and a slight hint of coke off his skin.

"I am so fucking ready for this," Glenn jumped and smiled. "We're going to do great tonight, I can feel it."

You smiled at Don Henley who was to your right, Bernie Leadon to your left, all three of you drinking a beer and watching Glenn get fired up ten minutes before the band had a show.

However, the only one not smiling, appeared to be Bernie, but you weren't exactly sure why, since Glenn's demeanor seemed to be rubbing off on everyone else in the room.

"Alright," You spoke, letting the minor thought leave your mind. "Calm down, Glenn. We don't want you wasting all your energy right before we go on." You smiled, but secretly didn't want him to stop.

"Don't worry, I'm used to this by now. I'll have all my energy," He spoke fast and smiled a huge grin that made your stomach flutter. He was like a toddler, but you loved it.

"(Y/N) is right," Bernie joined in, but he didn't smile the way you, Glenn, and even Don did. His eyes looked like they were filled with some sort of anger, but you couldn't imagine why.

You couldn't, until the man had stood up with his beer in his hand. And he had poured it all over the top of Glenn's head. You understood now.

"You need to chill out." He finished, and shook the rest of the liquid onto Glenn's hair like it was nothing.

After this had happened, your mouth hung open as Glenn stood there, soaked, which seemed like forever. You began to laugh at the sight, but were quickly silenced when receiving a glare from Henley.

  Bernie, right after, had went on as normal, throwing the bottle in the trash and grabbing the guitar which sat in the corner to sling around himself for the show. It was like he wanted to go on with business as usual.

  That would never happen. Not with Glenn at least.

"After tonight, I'm out," He turned back to look at Glenn and utter the phrase, before disappearing into the wings of the stage.

Don and you sat there, staring at each other and not saying anything for god knows how long. Glenn was the one to make the first move, walking further backstage into a hallway. Soon after, you heard the slamming of a door and knew that he was furious.

  "You go round up Felder and Randy, I'll go talk to Glenn. You guys are on soon, and the most we can delay is fifteen minutes, alright?"

  You took charge of the situation, knowing that the band actually performing on stage was the most important thing tonight. Henley nodded, and you both stood up to go separate ways.

Walking down the hallway, you seemed to easily remember which room belonged to Don and Glenn, having been in there earlier for, well, reasons without Henley of course.

It was the second door to the left of what seemed like a never ending hallway, so it took you forever to arrive. But you did, and knocked as soon as you got there.

"Come in," His voice called lowly from behind the barrier.

You pulled the handle carefully, and stepped in without a sound, shutting the door immediately behind you. What was revealed, was Glenn sitting on the edge of a rugged, dark red, couch, the top of his head soaked from where the beer was poured.

  As you walked in, you took notice of an old t-shirt on the bed and tossed it to him to dry off a bit. You continued your path however, and sat down next to the man on the couch.

  Glenn took the t-shirt with ease and wiped his face off, mumbling in anger as he did so. "He's fucking out of the band,"

  "I think he's already established that, Honey," You spoke softly, knowing how to calm him down. "Bernie's been drifting away for a while now, so it's probably better that he leaves. Not just for himself, but for the band too."

  "Doesn't mean he had to go and pour a god damn beer on me," He grumbled and you agreed.

  "You're right, but I'm sure he was feeling hurt and he acted irrationally. It happens sometimes."

  "Well why the hell was he hurt?!" Glenn burst out and you couldn't help but laugh a bit.

  "How would I know?" You responded. "That's why you need to go and talk to him. Maybe not right before the show, where stuff could go even further South, but eventually. Before he leaves for good."

"I don't wanna do that," He pouted.

"Why's that? Because you're too 'manly' to have a discussion and not whine about it to me, where it won't change anything? Would you rather leave the whole situation behind and never talk to Bernie again?"

"Actually, yes," He spoke all proper and poised, but you told him otherwise.

"No you wouldn't," You changed his answer for him. "Come on, Bernie's one of your best friends, you don't want your relationship to end over some stupid drink being poured, right?"

"Right," He quietly mumbled, and threw the shirt on the floor, right by your feet. "But he's not really my best friend." He smiled, feeling a little bit better from what you had said.

  "Oh hush," You playfully slapped him, but he didn't stop smiling. "Then who is your best friend?"

  "You," He answered without hesitation.

  "Only friends?" You pouted as Glenn rolled his eyes and laid you down on the couch, lingering on top of you.

  "Friends with benefits, I guess," He joked, and kissed you, your fingers finding their way through his hair as things got a bit heated.

  You, however, pushed him off of you within a few seconds. "Don't forget, you have a show in about a minute," You stood up from the couch. "And then you have a little someone to talk to."

  The man stood up with you, and followed as you walked to the door and out into the hallway. "Ah, what would I do without your wisdom and maturity of an old man?"

  "You'd be leaving the band, that's what," You played around before guiding him to the stage, and watching the band play an amazing show.

And then you watched after the show, as Glenn and Bernie talked about the whole situation, and seemed to come to a final decision.

Bernie didn't stay in the band, of course, but life moved on pretty peacefully, as no bad relationships were left behind. All that you needed to worry about was the relationship between you and Glenn.

And maybe the fact that you were still only friends.

A/n: Um yeah, kinda cute, but again PLEASE SEND ME REQUESTS because I feel like it's the same ending over and over again, oops. Thanks for reading lol. -Liz :)