Alex James #1 (Blur) Part One

Requested by aestheticallymercury but let's be honest, I've had this idea in my head for such a long time just cause I love the boys from Blur so much 🥰

"I think I'm in love with you,"

Yeah, right. The man who had uttered those words to me was most definitely in love with me when he appeared to be making out with another girl right in front of me.

  Even when we had gotten drunk, danced together to The Smiths in my room, and kissed until late at night, he had the audacity to be all over another girl while I watched. And he loved me.

  Yeah, right.

  His hands were roaming every inch of this poor girl, barely giving her enough room to breathe as he laid further on top of her by the second. I actually felt quite bad for her, but I felt even worse for Graham who was stuck on the same rugged old couch with the pair, just trying to smoke his annual cigarette before the show, in peace.

"Shouldn't this be happening after the show?" I asked Damon who walked up beside me, also staring at what was happening right in front of him, right in front of all of us. "I mean, that's what you guys do, right? You wait?"

"That seems to be what all rockstars do," He cringed and turned his head slightly. "But I guess not Alex."

"I guess so,"

  "When do we head on anyways?" He asked.

  "Five minutes," I breathed. "So I guess I better break this up soon, huh?"

  "Better you than me," He raised an eyebrow yet couldn't seem to pull his eyes away from the sight.

  "Damon," I waved my hand in front of his face and snapped in a teasing manner, causing him to snap his eyes towards me. "Haven't gotten much action lately?"

  "Shut up," He grumbled but I could see the corners of his lips pull upwards slightly before he walked off to god knows where. But I didn't really care as long as he was back in five minutes.

"Graham," I nodded to him as soon as Damon walked away, motioning to break up the pair since he was the closest.

"You do it!" He insisted and talked like they weren't even in the room. It's not like they were listening anyways.

"No, come on! You're closest!"

He rolled his eyes and took a deep breath. "Fine."

"Alex!" He shouted and punched quite hard in the shoulder, causing him to stop making out pull away.

"What the hell was that for?" He leaned overtop of the girl to punch Graham right back.

"Five minutes," I interrupted and his eyes met mine. "So what're we gonna do with her?"

  Yes, it was a bit harsh referring to the girl as 'her' but to be fair, I didn't know her name.

I had some left over anger from what he had said and what we had done last night, so I couldn't help but act rudely towards this girl he was shunning me with.

  Alex and Graham had gotten up from the couch, Dave and hopefully, Damon already being where the instruments were backstage. Graham walked straight past me, not paying any attention to the tension in the room.

  Alex, however, had stopped right in front of me and looked downwards having been much taller than I was.

  "Just be friendly, alright?"

  "Shut the fuck up, Alex," I mumbled before he walked away to join the rest of the band, and I took my spot in the wing of the stage.

  It wasn't long before the band had gone on and I was standing where I always stood in the wing, smiling as they did the thing they do best. No matter what mood I was in, a show on a good night always made me feel good and I think the same went for the boys.

I had taken a seat on an upside-down, empty crate and ran a hand through my hair while I peered out at the crowd. It was a pretty big turnout tonight, the biggest we've had in awhile.

"So you're the manager, huh?"

  It was Alex's girl that had spoken, drawing me out of my own thoughts and making me snap my head around to face her.

  "Yeah," I answered, not really wanting to start a conversation.

  "Must be quite the full-time job," She persisted. "You know, booking gigs and all that."

  "It's not that difficult anymore considering how much they've blown up in the past year,"

  "Oh," She replies and to my luck, asked no more questions.

  However, she stayed behind me during the entire show, a little too close for my liking. And a little too long as well, being that the concert lasted another hour and a half after that.

But nevertheless, it ended. All four boys came backstage once they were done, practically dripping sweat and grabbing at least three different beers per person, obviously ready to get drunk. I believed I'd be joining them considering all that had happened both last night and tonight.

  Graham immediately pulled me into a playful hug and ruffled the hair on top of my head, taking a sip of his beer as he did so.

  "Gra, you're all sweaty," I laughed and pushed him away, looking around for Alex.

  And to no surprise, there he was with the girl, intertwined in each other, lips locked.

  All of a sudden I felt not only anger, but jealousy. I had no idea why he would tell me he loved me and then never acknowledge the idea ever again. But that's exactly what he did. All my emotions were bubbling up inside of me, and I wasn't sure what to do.

  And then I simply burst.

  "Alex," I called out into the room, not quite silencing everyone's conversations, but definitely quieting them down. "Just out of curiosity, are you gonna tell this one you love her and then leave her in the dark as well? Or no?"

  He pulled away from the girl to stare at me, and then around the room. "What?" He laughed like he didn't know what I was talking about.

  Even though there weren't many people to begin with, the room was now completely silenced.

  "Oh come on," I was persistent, causing the bassist to stand up and come meet me where I stood. "You can't just expect me to pretend like nothing happened when you said that much, can you?"

  Alex chuckled again and put a hand behind his neck to hide his embarrassment. "Look, can't we talk about this later?" He lowered his voice.

  "No, we can't," I spoke, fed up with waiting for him to do something.

  "Then can we talk about it in private?"

  "If that'll make you feel better, then sure," I rolled my eyes and followed him further down the hall of the backstage area, into the band's dressing room.

  I knew it was going to be quite the conversation, and quite the long night. But I was done putting this off or having him not acknowledge me. I was ready.

A/n: Not my best work, but hopefully part two will be better. Thanks for reading. -Liz :)