Tom Petty #1 (Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers) Part Two

Alright, so I slowly found a little bit over time over this weekend to write, but it's not super long.

Requested by lots, but mostly purplequesadilla

   "How many more takes?"

  "It depends,"

  You could practically feel Tom's groan from inside the recording studio, and you laughed a bit.

  The studio had only finished being built a couple weeks ago, but already, you couldn't spend enough time in there. You finally had your dream place, one that you could go to whenever you needed.

  As for you and Tom, you two became close, and gradually started to do everything together.

  You both focused on music, whether it was playing it or producing it, and that was what you bonded over the most.

He would either be at the studio, which is where the both of you were at the moment, or you would either be at his apartment.

"Come on, just one more and then you can take a break," You pressed down the speaking button, and spoke to him from outside the studio, interrupting the silence that you both shared.

"Fine," Tom mumbled, and you started up the tape again.

You watched him as he effortlessly played the guitar riff, for you had done the vocal tracks earlier.

It was really amazing, even though Tom was just messing around and you were still getting used to everything, how well everything was turning out.

Both of you could have made a record right here and right now, but Tom didn't feel like he was ready yet, and he wanted to get a band first. However, you didn't know how long that would take.

Therefore, you had to sign another artist or band soon. But lately, it seems all you wanted to do was hang out with Tom and procrastinate. (Okay, actually me though)

As the guitar solo slowly came to an end, you stopped the tape and gave Tom a thumbs-up to signal that he could come out and listen.

Watching him all the way, he set his electric guitar leaning on the amp, being careful to make sure it didn't fall. Walking out of the door, he greeted you with a smile.

"This place really has turned out great," He immediately said, standing next to you.

"I know right," You agreed. "I'm excited to see where it all goes."

Tom nodded his head and you changed the subject, asking if he wanted to hear what you'd just put together.

"Of course," He replied. "I'm sure it's great as always."

You chuckled and felt your cheeks go a bit pink. "Thank you," You said with less confidence than before. "But don't invest in me that much just yet. You haven't even heard it."

"But I'm almost positive that it will be just as good as the last tracks," Tom wittily smiled, walking over to the red couch that you had just put into the place and sitting down.

"Damn, you have more confidence in me than I do myself," You joked.

"Well, someone's got to support your amazing talent, right?"

"Mm, I think you're the one with the talent," You pronounced.

  "Whatever," He interrupted. "Just play the damn thing!"

  Following his wishes, you played the tape and listened to the guitar and lead vocals you had put together. Adding some backing vocals before you showed Tom, it seemed as if everything fell into place perfectly.

  You watched Tom as the song played, he looked to be enjoying it, smiling as it went along, and glancing up in awe at you every couple of seconds.

  The track only went on for about three minutes, but it seemed like forever to you. You couldn't believe that this is what you were doing now. But you were doing it and you were damn good at it as well.

The song slowly came to an end, drifting out into nothing. You waited for Tom's response, but you ended up being the first to speak.

  "So what are you going to name it?" You asked, breaking the silence.

  "I'm not sure," He softly voiced, getting up from the couch and walking over next to you.

  "That's a great name," Jokingly, you smiled.

  He laughed for only a second, but stopped, his face closer to yours than seconds before.

  "That was amazing (Y/N)," He breathed.

  Skeptical of what was happening, you stuttered. "Th- thank you,"

  "You really just have this immense talent, and I frankly don't know how you do it each time,"

  You didn't know if you should respond to that, so instead you stayed silent as Tom's lips slowly became closer to yours.

  "You are amazing," Was the last thing he said before placing his lips on yours, feeling an electric shock go throughout your body.

  Much like the job you had now, you didn't imagine the motion you were doing to ever happen. But it was happening now and you loved it.

  Pulling gently at the man's blonde hair that was growing quickly, you spent one last second melting into the kiss and pulled away.

  "That was amazing," You spoke, returning all the things Tom had said about you.

A/n: Ok it's really late here and I managed to finish writing this. Surprisingly, notecards did not take that long to write and my presentation is still a little shaky, but it's getting there. Right now I'm listening to 'Toad' by Cream and it's amazing. Okay, thanks for reading, please request! -Liz :)