Mick Avory #1 (The Kinks)

Long story short, I really love The Kinks, they're such an underrated band. Plus, Mick is a god and my favorite, so here it is.

Also, based on a true story where Dave really did insult Mick's drumming, and said the exact same statement.

You sat on the bed with your nose in a book, and your feet crouched close to your face so the book could rest and would stay open with the help of your hands. You turned the pages carefully, engulfing every sentence one-by-one, not paying much attention to the uneventful world happening around you.

You had one more page left to go of one of the last chapters. That is until the door opened and slammed shut once again. You dropped the book flat out on the bed out of fear and it closed, making you lose your place.

Looking up to see who entered the room, you wondered why they were entering so angrily and said something about it.

"Hey, I lost my place in my book! Why are you slamming doors so-"

But you stopped mid-sentence after you had seen a man who was much angrier than you could have ever been, a blinding glare on his face. It seemed like his body fumed with fire and his blood ran with lava.

"Mick? What are you doing here? And what's wrong?" You asked, trying to find a reason behind all this.

"Dave fucking Davies is what's wrong with me!" He shouted. "He has no damn respect for me, or what I do for the band!"

"Wow, okay," You replied, not really sure how to respond to all that. "What did he do?"

Mick sat down on the bed, next to your spread out legs and you shifted from your spot a little bit. The truth was, you weren't fully comfortable because you hadn't known Mick for all that long. Of course, you had talked to him various times and shared a laugh once or twice in the past month, but only knowing him for four months or so, you weren't sure how to deal with someone that you weren't close to. If it was Ray, maybe it would have been better, but Mick? You hardly knew anything about him.

"The bitch said that he could play the drums better with his dick! With his fucking dick! Who the hell says that?"

You couldn't help but smile at the comment that Dave had made, but kept your mouth shut and let Mick continue on.

"He couldn't play the drums better if he tried! If anything, I can play the guitar better than him! All he's good for is a couple of chords and sleeping with women!" He ranted on as his face became more and more red by each word.

"Okay, okay," You interjected and sat up slightly, facing the raging man. "Dave shouldn't have said all that stuff but there's no reason to fire it back at him when he's not even in the room."

"So what? I should tell him directly to his face,"

"Well no, but-" You sighed and thought about what you were saying, realizing that you had no clue what the advice you were giving really meant. "Actually, forget what I said. I have no clue how to handle this."

"It's okay," Mick replied, having calmed down the slightest bit. "I just needed someone to talk to."

"Okay," You said awkwardly and sat in silence for a little while. The man's face of anger seemed to have faded to a look of sadness and neutrality.

"Why did you come here?" You asked out of nowhere. "I don't mind you coming here of course, but we're not very..." Your sentence drifted off as you tried to find the right words.

"Close?" Mick finished. "I'm sorry, I know we aren't, but since you're always around Ray and everything, you know what goes on."

You nodded your head as he continued.

"And your not a member of the band, which makes it a lot easier because no one else would understand,"

"What do you mean?" You asked and slid up to the end of the bed, right next to the man.

"Well, Ray is Dave's brother and Pete is his best friend so they'd most likely push it off to the side and disregard it and expect me to play like nothing even happened," He rambled.

"That sucks," You said, realizing what would happen as soon as he went back to the group. "Wait, does this happen all the time?"

"Pretty much," He spoke softly while you inquired a better understanding of why exactly he was talking to you right now. "I don't want to sound ungrateful or anything, but I feel like they take me for granted sometimes. I think I'm a better drummer and bandmate than they believe."

   "You don't sound ungrateful, believe me," You replied and your eyes met his, causing a understanding between the two of you. "You're a great drummer and a great person and if they can't see that, then forget about what they think."

  "Thanks, (Y/N)," He smiled slightly and you joined him in response.

   "See?" You said. "Now you're in a much better mood."

   "I guess I am," He replied and continued looking into your eyes, softy, making you slightly blush. "Maybe I should talk to you about band problems more often."

   "Mm," You giggled and shook your head. "Not sure I want to deal with all that. Maybe we can talk about something else."

   "Or maybe we don't have to talk at all," He spoke and his eyes shifted from your eyes to your lips, making a confused look appear on your face.

   He put a hand on your thigh and brought you in closer to where he was sitting on the bed. "Can I- can I kiss you?"

"Mick," You mumbled, not sure of what to say. Except your actions spoke louder than your words when you answered his question by leaning in and kissing him slightly, him easily responding by putting his other hand on your lower waist.

You pulled back to breathe and the two of you shared a smile that didn't last for quite too long, since your lips connected once again. Carefully, Mick laid you down on the bed and balanced over top of you with one hand. You giggled as he continued kissing you, but pulled back.

"What's so funny?" He smiled.

"Nothing," You said. "It's just that I didn't think that I'd be kissing you out of all people." And that was the truth.

"And is that a bad thing?" He teased.

"Of course not,"

And from that night on, you we're glad that Dave said those things about Mick. Because if he didn't, you two would have never gotten together.

A/n: So there it is! It's a little rusty since I haven't written a one-shot in awhile. I hope you enjoyed though! Thanks for reading! -Liz :)

Classic Rock Imagines And One Shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें