David Gilmour #1 (Pink Floyd)

Requested by moreofthatrock

Y'all know that I'm not a huge fan of Pink Floyd, but I've been listening to 'Echoes' non-stop, it's so good.

Also, David when he first joined Pink Floyd, was really hot. Thanks for coming to my ted talk.

   "You know I'm so glad you're here, right? I don't know how I'm going to do this."

   "Stop saying that," You smiled, but your voice had a serious tone. "Like I said, you'll be fine."

   "Stop saying that," David mimicked and you rolled you eyes playfully.

   "Geez, even when you're nervous you can't stop from making a sarcastic comment, can you?"

    "I guess not,"

   You chuckled and watched the people moving around you, rushing and hurrying to get from place to place. You and David were sitting on a random couch backstage. And apparently, backstage, as you had never been in the place before, was always like this, with everyone being too stressed out to even have a sense of relaxation; David being one of them.

   It was his first big performance with Pink Floyd, it being only a couple months after he joined the band. Needless to say, he was more anxious than you had seen him be before, which is why he needed support; his best friend.

   And here you were.

   "Well then," You spoke up and directed your attention from the people to him, once again. "You'll be fantastic, amazing, great! Am I repeating myself now?"

   "No," He mumbled and you could see him play with his hands in his lap, looking down at the floor. "You're not."

   "David," You said after a couple of seconds, causing him to look up from the floor and at you, your eyes meeting. "Stop, okay? You need to relax."

   "Easier said than done!" He shouted, but no one could really hear with all the commotion that was happening. "You're not the one who has to play in front of thousands of people in ten minutes!"

   "No, but why are you so nervous anyways?" You asked. "You've played in front of me like fifty times."

   "Yeah, but if I mess up in front of you, you don't judge me,"

   "Not true," You retaliated. "Lots of times I judge you for messing up." You joke and smile.

   "Okay," David rolled his eyes. "It's like you, but ten times worse. And that's awful."

    "So we're still making fun of me?"

   "Always,"

   "Alright, so maybe irritated and anxious you isn't the best you," You continued the conversation. "And if you're going to be like this before every performance, I don't think I'm going to come."

"Sorry," He muttered and tilted his head back against the couch. "I need you to be here, you're my best friend and only method of support."

"Hm," You responded and noticed that the excitement backstage was beginning to die down. There were less people everywhere, the noise had lowered, and the lights had gotten a slight bit lower. You knew it was almost time for the show to start but you didn't alert David. That is until he asked.

"What time is it?" His head shifted upwards to take a look at his surroundings.

"Seven fifty-five," Five minutes until everything went down. And David knew it.

"Shit," He groaned and moved closer to you. "(Y/N), I can't do this."

"David," You mimicked his tone. "Yes, you can."

It was at this moment you put your hands on his, holding them in yours. His cheeks went a little bit red but you didn't notice, and he didn't seem to mind after you started giving him even more reassurance and an even better speech than the few ones you gave before.

"Once you get out there, everything will be fine. You are a great musician and an even better person and no matter what happens, you will find a way to make it better, okay?"

He nodded and let you continue.

"Everyone is going to love you, and the music you make. Nothing is going to go wrong, alright?" You laughed and smiled a slight smile.

   "Yeah, okay," He returned the smile and smirked as you still held on to his hands. The man said nothing else but seemed less nervous as he was now still smiling at you and listening intently to every word you uttered.

   "Well, it seems like you're not very nervous anymore, so I guess I did my job. Now, you won't have anything-"

   "(Y/N)," You we're interrupted by David and the sly smile on his face.

   "What?"

   However, his actions spoke louder than his words when he leaned in and your lips met. You stayed in this position for a couple of seconds before pulling back to breathe, and then leaning right in again, this time, more passionate with your tongues exploring each other's mouths. You ran your hands through his long-growing hair and his hands wrapped around your waist, pulling you in as close as you could. You didn't even know that you wanted this to happen, but now that it was, you didn't want it to end. Unfortunately, that wish was not granted when the two of you were interrupted.

   "Uh, David," You pulled away from the man and looked up from your spot on the couch to see his bandmate, Roger, snickering at the two of you. "We're on right now." He shook his head and walked away.

   As David began to get up, he looked at you, sitting there with blushing, red cheeks. He laughed a bit to himself as well and said one thing before going out on stage.

   "We can continue this later,"

   And he was gone. Some nervous person he was.

A/n: I enjoyed writing this. Thanks for reading! -Liz :)