Chrissie Hynde #1 (The Pretenders)

Requested by theMusicgirl22 who also gave this fabulous idea!

(H/N)= Husband's name

It had been three days since he had left. Three days since Tori's world fell apart.

Three days ago was when Tori found out she was HIV positive. Three days ago was when her husband had left her. Three days was when everything broke into small pieces. Too small to pick up and put back into place.

Thinking that her life was over, the only thing Tori could do now was sit and sulk. But when she got tired of moping around, she would call her friend, Chrissie. It was the only that kept her going.

She had tried calling many times before, but Chrissie hadn't been answering. Tori couldn't blame her though, for Chrissie's band was growing bigger and bigger each day.

Chrissie had The Pretenders But Tori had nothing. Tori might have had Chrissie, but she wouldn't know unless she kept calling.

So that's what Tori did. And she didn't know if Chrissie would answer or not. Not until she actually did. Tonight.

The phone clicked against Tori's ear as a voice called out.

"Hello?"

"Chrissie," Tori sputtered. She hadn't expected her to actually pick up. "I've called you a couple of times."

"Yeah, I've been really busy Tor, sorry." Chrissie replied.

"It's fine," But it wasn't.

"How have you been?" Chrissie continued before Tori had the chance to speak without breaking down.

"Not so good," Tori felt tears pool in her eyes.

"Tori," Chrissie's voice become soft. "What happened?"

"I really don't know how to tell you this," Tori continued.

"What? You're scaring me,"

"I have HIV," Tori got the statement out of the way, but not without her voice cracking. "I have it."

"Oh my god," Chrissie fell silent.

"I'm so sorry, Chrissie," Tori spoke.

"Does (H/N) know?"

"He's the one that gave it to me!" Tori could feel her voice rising in anger so she tried her best to calm it down. "But it doesn't matter, since he's long gone."

"Tori..." Was all Chrissie managed to creak before completely breaking down.

But that wasn't all, for the other line of the phone went dead. Chrissie had hung up.

Tori slowly sat the phone down, realizing that her conversation was over. She was even more heartbroken than before.

Her best friend had hung up on her, and not only that, but she had given up on Tori as well.

But it didn't matter anymore. Tori knew that no matter who she confided in, they would always let her down.

People always leave right when you need them most.

*

  Tori sat at her kitchen table, head in hands when a knock came from her front door.

  Internally, she groaned and contemplated whether or not she was motivated to answer it.

  Looking for someone to understand her problems, Tori decided to listen to the one spark of hope inside her, and open up the door. What she found when the cold air of outside blew in, was something she didn't expect to see.

  It was Chrissie, standing on Tori's front porch, eyes red from the crying she had done.

  "What are you doing here?" Tori asked.

  But Chrissie didn't answer, for she was too busy pulling Tori in for a hug. "I'm so sorry, Tori," She mumbled into Tori's shoulder.

  And Tori broke down. Right there in Chrissie's arms, feeling that there was finally someone who understood her.

  "Come in," Tori spoke after she stopped crying, which took a couple of minutes. "Would you like anything?" She asked as Chrissie stepped inside.

  "You sit down," Chrissie replied. "You want some coffee?"

  Tori nodded her head, yes. Chrissie knew her too well.

  So Chrissie made Tori a cup of coffee, and one for herself as well. They both sat next to each other at the kitchen table, sympathy filling the air between them.

  "I don't know what to say," Chrissie admitted after sitting down.

  "Say that everything is falling apart. Say that I'm alone," Tori ran a hand through her hair. "Because that's the truth."

  "Hey," Chrissie responded. "As long as you have me, you are not alone. And trust me, I will never leave you."

  "Okay," Tori responded and thought of a happy moment with Chrissie. "I remember when you first said that." She voiced.

  "Oh yeah," Chrissie remember. "Ninth grade?"

  "A year after we met,"

  "Wow," Chrissie said. "I can't believe we've been friends for that long."

  "Me either,"

  And so for the rest of the night, the two shared many memories of their friendship, all far behind and recent at the same time.

  For a minute this made Tori forget how she felt, completely. This made her feel that no matter what she faced, as long as she had Chrissie with her, she could do it.

  And so Tori felt brave. She was going to share what she had been most upset about. Something that she hadn't shared with anyone yet.

  "Chrissie," Tori spoke out of context. "I'm pregnant."

  The room fell silent and a wave of anxiousness swept over Tori.

  "Oh my god," Chrissie said and then hugged her.

  "I'm scared," Tori said. "I'm really, fucking scared."

  "I'll help you," Chrissie whispered. "Any battle you fight, is my battle."

  "I love you, Chrissie,"

  "I love you too, Tori,"

A/n: I'm sorry if that was bad, I'm not sure how that was. Anyways, who is watching the oscars? I hope Bohemian Rhapsody wins everything they're nominated for. Fingers crossed, they already won two out of five! If they win all five, that will be my birthday present, lol. My birthday's tomorrow! Ok, thanks for reading! -Liz :)