Jim Morrison #5 (The Doors)

Ok y'all, a new story/book idea is developing in my head and I might just have to write it. I'll let you know more when I've figured everything out.

And in this, you're a member of The Doors.

"Keep your eyes on the road," You mumbled to the man in the driver's seat, who couldn't seem to take his off your lap, and what you were doing. This resulted in his car swerving all over the place, which you were used to by now.

Jim Morrison had a real reputation for his driving. And it wasn't a good one. Every time you got in the passenger seat when he was at the wheel, he tried to scare you by speeding up in neighborhoods or sometimes even on the side of traffic, which was most definitely illegal. He also swerved quite often, and would do whatever it took to make you want the ride to end. But considering how many times you had been in the car with him, you were now immune to it.

"Okay," He replied, useless since his eyes remained on your lap. "But first, I want to know what you're writing."

"Nothing that concerns you," You joked and smirked but your efforts to get his eyes off of it were ineffective.

  "Doesn't matter," Jim replied and smirked right back at you. "I still wanna know what it's about."

"It's a song," You gave in while Jim raised his eyebrows. "Now will you please focus on the road?"

"Only for you, babe," He mumbled and turned the radio up while finally putting his eyes on the road. However, the swerving and speeding didn't stop. "What's the song about anyways?"

"You'll find out when I'm finished," You answered, for you weren't quite sure what the song was about anyways.

"And when will that be?"

"I don't know, Jim!" You exclaimed, sick of all the questions. The truth was that you were planning on finishing the song tomorrow, after the night played out and you were finally able to figure out what was happening between the two of you. "Maybe, you'll find out tomorrow."

"Fair enough," He spoke and stopped asking questions as silence fell over the two of you and you continued writing down lyrics on the paper.

   The two of you had a fling going since the day you joined the band, which wasn't much longer after Jim. But it was never dating, or a relationship. It was sort of an on again, off again thing, with lots of flirting and one night stands. You never talked about "going steady" or "giving it a try", for you both would date other people and never had a real relationship. But hey, it was the sixties and really anything could happen.

  And in this case, that statement really was true. Because going to your best friend's wedding, and then staying the night together in a motel, was Jim Morrison's ideal situation. To get a girl in bed. And tonight, that was all he'd be thinking about.

   "How much longer until we get there?" You interrupted the silence while Jim glanced at her.

   "Mm.. about an hour," The man estimated but wasn't too sure.

   "Are you sure you know where you're going?" You joked and smiled but Jim
took it seriously.

  "Of course I do," He grinned back. "Trust me, we'll be there in plenty of time to see Ray get married."

  "Well, we better because it's all he's been talking about for weeks. And if we're one second late he'll murder us." You admitted and thought back on the last couple of weeks before your bandmate's wedding.

   "Yeah, it got pretty annoying the last couple days," The man joined in and also thought about the weeks leading up to Ray's wedding.

  "Aw I thought it was sweet," You contradicted and Jim gave you a confused look while speeding up the car. "He seemed to so excited."

  "Are you kidding me?" Jim laughed. "He didn't shut up about it. We couldn't even get through a full song in the studio!"

  "True," You acknowledged. "You're right."

   "I'm always right," He joked right back at you and she laughed, making Jim feel incredibly happy.

   "Keep telling yourself that," You grinned and continued writing your song.

  "Well, would I be right if I guessed that I got to see your song tomorrow?" He asked.

   "I think so," You agreed. "Maybe even before then." You said and finished, hinting that something would happen between the two of you tonight, after the reception.

   Jim took the hint and smirked to himself, driving as fast and as crazy as he could to get to the wedding and experience tonight.

   And it turns out, Jim did get to see and hear the song, right after you two had spent the night together, and didn't get very much sleep.

A/n: This SUCKED big time. But it's my last day of vacation so I'm not worrying about it. Thanks for reading, and more to come on that new book soon. -Liz :)