Paul McCartney #1 (The Beatles)

This is just a little something for my writing best friend, @theMusicgirl22 because she has been my biggest supporter throughout this entire book. I'm so grateful for her and you should go read all of her work!

"We can't be seen together, and you know that,"

"I do know that, I just frankly don't care, my dear,"

"Well you're going to care when the press gets a hold of it and your girlfriend breaks up with you,"

"I've been trying to break up with her for a while now, it's probably better if it gets out like this,"

You rolled your eyes as the man across from you smirked, laying upon a hotel room bed, one that the two of you had rented for the weekend. As of right now, he was trying to convince you to attend some party with him. A very public party.

And although there would normally be no problem with this, Paul and you were involved in a deep affair, one that was almost impossible to leave behind now. You had no boyfriend, but Paul had a girlfriend named Jane, and it was known almost everywhere that they were dating.

You were no way in the eye of the people, and you wanted to keep it that way. But by attending this party, that hope would vanish.

"What? It's the truth!" The man responded once he saw the disapproving look that you wore.

"Yeah well it's not the way things should be handled," You said. "As much as you hate to admit it, you're a part of the biggest band in the world. If you should be seen with another woman, then you're done. Not just with your girlfriend but with your entire fandom."

"Maybe not my entire fandom," He responded, sitting up on the bed so that he could look you in the eye. "We've got quite the amount of fans as you know."

"And you'd lose all of them," You paused and smiled, teasingly. "If this was to get out."

"Like I just said, not all of them!" He repeated himself. "So what will you wear to the party tonight?"

You sighed, knowing he still didn't understand. "Pajamas, because I'm leaving tonight."

You saw him frown and almost reconsidered everything because of this, but you knew it was impossible. Today was Sunday and you had work tomorrow. Paul had to get back to Jane before she got suspicious.

You couldn't afford to live the rockstar life and Paul was already too far to come back and live your boring one. You might have loved each other but at the end of the day, you were much too different to actually be a couple.

So therefore, you couldn't go to this party, no matter how much or how hard your lover begged.

"Don't be like that, Love," Paul's voice lowered as he walked over to your side of the room, kissing your cheek and then eventually your neck, gently. "Please just come so we can have a good time. We'll worry about the consequences tomorrow."

"Do you not get it?" You asked, prompting him to stop kissing you and look up to stare.

"Not get what?" He was obviously confused.

"I can afford to be seen with you, but you can't afford to be seen with me,"

"That's not true, (Y/N),"

"Yes, it is, Paul! You have too much to lose! You have a fandom, a girlfriend, and a glamorous life! You can't be with a bore like me and we both know that," You were out of breath from the speech you gave.

"You're not a bore," He insisted, putting a hand on your shoulder and tracing circles with his fingers. "And I'm going to leave Jane. We can be together soon!"

"This isn't just about your girlfriend," You pulled away from his touch, knowing that he wasn't quite grasping all you were saying. "This is about how different we are. This is about how a life where we were together would never work."

"Oh,"

"This is about how I refuse to go to that party with you,"

As you uttered this, you saw Paul's eyes turn quite cloudy, not like the glossy brown they always were. His mood had shifted in a matter of seconds.

"Well then maybe we should just break up completely," He coughed to change his tone of voice. "Stop seeing each other."

You wanted to say no and hold on to the idea that everything could work, but you knew that wasn't possible, for you had successfully explained that to Paul. So instead, you said what you knew had to be said, so you could leave each other for good.

"You can't break up a relationship that never existed,"

The man glared at you coldly after you finished. "I think you should leave,"

"I already am," You replied, grabbing your small suitcase and heading out the door, not knowing if you'd ever see the man again, and wondering what life with him would've been like.

A/n: I really liked that one. Next one will be the last one, and it'll be long. I'm going out with a bang. Thanks for reading. -Liz