Jimi Hendrix #1

And so it begins...

Requested by EmmaJane014

"You think that'll be us one day?"

"Doubt it. I'm hardly the person to be in a marriage,"

"Is that so?" You could hear your partner say. However, you failed to look at him until after this, having to turn your head since he was sitting beside you.

When you did get a glimpse of him, you saw that his lips held a sort of frown, yet smirk at the same time, as if he had something to prove.

The two of you, right now, were at a distant friend's wedding, and watching her and her fiancé stand, hand in hand at the alter.

Your boyfriend, Jimi, was the one to whisper the first phrase, careful not to disturb the ceremony. You shot him down pretty quick though, so that was no longer an issue. It was now an issue of why you said what you said.

But the topic was dropped until the party afterwards, and the both of you let it go until then. When you were on the floor, dancing together, it was Jimi to once again bring up the subject. He couldn't help himself and you knew he had been holding it in the entire time. 

You were dancing to a rather slow song that you forgot the name of, when the conversation happened. It would've been a great moment if neither of you had decided to say anything, but there you were, letting your lips move. 

"So, about what you said earlier," The man across from you started. 

"What did I say?" You asked as if you didn't already know what he was on about. 

"That you weren't one to be married," He responded and waited for you to explain. 

"Oh well, yeah," You weren't quite sure how to carry on your side of the talk.

"What did you mean by that?" 

You smiled a bit. "I meant what I said. I just don't think I want to get married. I don't want a big wedding like this or even to be tied down to someone for the rest of my life. It seems way too demanding." 

"Why don't you want those things though? I think being devoted to someone else for the rest of your life is pretty romantic. And it's not too demanding if it's the right person." He counteracted. 

"Well, seventy-five percent of the time, it ends up being the wrong person," You sighed. "My parents' marriage went up in flames and only got worse with the divorce. It's a lot of work, Jimi." 

"Okay, so your parents weren't soulmates," He said and placed his hand upon your cheek. "But that doesn't mean that we aren't, (Y/N). One day, I really want to marry you. And I want you to feel the same." 

You blushed a bit at his kind words. "I don't know, Love," You admitted. "Why are you so set on this? We can still be together for as long as we want, we just don't need all the burdens of marriage." 

"Because I'm in love with you," He spoke simply and said nothing else. 

"Is that so?" You mocked his tone from earlier, signaling that you had indeed remembered your conversation at the ceremony. 

The man grinned and rolled his eyes, leaving you the ability to speak another phrase. 

"I'm in love with you too,"

"Then marry me," He whispered as the song faded out, his lips getting closer to yours. 

"Are you sure about that?" You lowered your voice to match his, still not fully convinced. 

"Positive," 

"I guess I will then," You smirked, ready for him to kiss you. 

"You guess?" He held off until your confirmation. 

"I will," You reassured before his lips met yours, hoping that your future together would last forever. 

A/n: I really liked writing this! Thanks for reading. -Liz :)