Stevie Nicks #2 (Fleetwood Mac)

Requested by theMusicgirl22 who is one of the best people I've ever talked to, and the one who came up with this idea!

Also, I'm sorry if this really sucks and is kind of short. I'm not motivated to write at all. I'll talk more about that at the end.

PLEASE READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END

Stevie stood by the railway tracks, taking a fresh-air walk to clear her mind. She would always come to this certain place, for nothing else was around. Except for the trains, of course.

Besides when the trains came rolling by, everything was quiet, usually the way Stevie's mind was when she left.

But those where the other times Stevie came here. Tonight, not all was quiet. In fact, it soon became quite loud.

Stevie walked and walked next to the train tracks, hearing a sort of, wailing sound. And as she walked further, it only got louder. It wasn't until Stevie actually took notice of what was happening, when she marked where the sound was coming from.

It was coming from a green bush, sitting near an empty field with lots of grass in it. It sounded like a human, and at first, Stevie wasn't sure if she wanted to investigate. But eventually, instinct took over her mind, and Stevie got closer to the bush, moving around leaves and branches to see what the noise was.

"Please, help," A- a young girl cried out, out of breath.

Stevie cringed at the sight of her. She was covered in blood all over. Her head was almost cracked in two and limbs were twisted in ways they shouldn't be twisted. She looked like she had trouble breathing, and her eyes were blank, like they had no life left.

"Oh my god," Stevie's eyes welled with tears. "Oh my god!" She repeated before running over to a conveniently close payphone, nailed to the wall of a small outhouse.

Before Stevie could even process what she was doing, her hands quickly dialed the number, 9-1-1. She called and cried into the phone, begging for help, knowing that the young girl had been hit by a train.

And within no time, the call was over and an ambulance was on their way. Stevie rushed back over to the girl to see how she was doing.

Swallowing the disgust of how the girl looked, Stevie sat right next to her, seeing that she was still conscious.

"What's your name?" Stevie tried to make conversation and stop the tears flowing from her eyes while they waited.

"Riley," The girl weakly answered, making Stevie choke up even more than before.

"Well, Riley," Stevie spoke, trying her best to be confident. "Everything is going to be alright."

*

"23 YEAR OLD GIRL DEAD FROM TRAIN CATASTROPHE"

  That was what the news headlines said. Something that made Stevie feel utterly confused and sick inside, the first day she heard about it all.

  So that same day was when she decided to go back to the place where it had all started. As a tribute to Riley, someone who should of had more time in her life, Stevie decided to do something special. Let her emotions spill out onto a paper in front of her.

  Write a song about Riley.

  It was called 'Landslide', and as private as Stevie wanted it to be, she decided she had to put it on Fleetwood Mac's new album. She wouldn't let Riley's story go untold.

  So here she stood in the recording studio, microphone in front of her, and headphones on. She had memorized the lyrics the night before, and everything was ready to go.

  At least, that was what she thought.

  First take rolled around, and Stevie tried. She really did. She annunciated every word as best as she could and made sure she was doing the best she could. However, the lyrics couldn't help but get her choked up. Tears formed in her eyes as she sang:

Oh, mirror in the sky, what is love?

Can the child within my heart rise above?

Can I sail through the changin' ocean tides?

Can I handle the seasons of my life?

  And all of a sudden, the woman stopped singing completely. She had broken down internally and didn't know if she could handle the pain of loss anymore.

   "I'm sorry," Was all Stevie mumbled to the rest of the group before taking off her headphones and walking out from the studio, completely.

  She knew a person that she could explain everything to. Someone who would understand.

  That was where she was heading.

*

   "What happened?" Chrissie Hynde asked as Stevie practically fell into her arms and began to sob.

"I-I," Stevie tried to talk but couldn't with all the crying she was doing.

"Stevie," Chrissie sighed. "Sit down, and I'll go make you some tea so we can talk about what's going on."

While Chrissie backed away from the hug, Stevie nodded and sniffed her way over to Chrissie's brown, comfortable couch.

A couple minutes later, the tea was ready and Stevie had stopped crying. Chrissie poured the beverage into two glasses, and walking over to the other girl, took one for herself, and gave the other to Stevie.

As the two drank the tea, Stevie began to explain why she was so upset.

"You know the story that's been on the news?" Stevie began. "The one about the young girl who got hit by a train?"

"Yeah," Chrissie answered. "Why?"

"Well, I wasn't there when it happened," Stevie tried to explain. "But I was the one who called 911. I stayed with her while she was hurt and I tried my best to keep her alive, but..." Stevie's sentence drifted off with her sadness.

"Oh, Stevie," Chrissie spoke. "Don't be upset. You did everything you could. And you did all the right things. I'm sure wherever the girl is, she's so so thankful for what you did."

"Thanks, Chrissie," Stevie smiled a bit. "And her name was Riley. I wish I'd gotten to know her better. I wish she could've lived the rest of her life."

"Me too," Chrissie said, silence falling upon the two.

"Oh, but I wrote a song about her," Stevie voiced after the moment of silence. "I have a copy, do you want to see it?"

"Yeah of course," Chrissie took the piece of paper from Stevie's hands and read over the lyrics.

Once Chrissie had finished reading, a grin spread across her face. "Stevie, this is wonderful. Riley would have loved it,"

"Really?" Stevie returned the grin. "I tried to record it with the group, but, I couldn't. My throat closed up and my eyes became watery, and now I'm here."

"Well how about this?" Chrissie had an idea. "I'll come into the studio and record it with you. How does that sound?"

"You would?" Stevie melted in warmth. "Oh I would love that, Chrissie!"

"Then I will," Chrissie said.

And for the first time today, Stevie felt happiness in her heart. She knew she would always have someone to rely on, Chrissie. And that was all that mattered.

A/n: Okay, so like I said earlier, I am not very motivated to write One Shots. I do however have a story idea that I'm thinking of acting upon. What would you guys think if I took a hiatus (not forever) from this book? I'm planning to tell you the idea that I have soon, and it does involve classic rock, so don't worry.

Thanks for reading! -Liz :)