Elvis Presley #1

Requested by Linda_r1946 Thanks for requesting!

Also, I did some reading and Elvis was in-fact drafted in 1958 to Germany, so that's what this will be about.

And he was so good looking, oh my god.

  "So when do you leave?"

  "In a week,"

  "That soon?"

  At this moment, the man across from you didn't answer, so you knew it was true.

  The room you both sat in was a dimly lit kitchen in his apartment. The tone of your voices as you spoke to each other matched the scenery, for you could barely see the man, and he couldn't see you.

  But you honestly didn't want him to see you, for if he did he'd be able to see the teardrops across your face and dripping from your eyes.

  You didn't want him to see you cry but that was impossible for he was telling you about his draft notice received earlier today in the mail and would be leaving you.

In a week.

A week was all you had left with him, and then you didn't know what was to happen. Was he actually going to war? You didn't know. Was he going to die? You didn't know. What about his music career?

What about your relationship?

"I think it's stupid to be honest, we shouldn't even be in this war," He interrupted your inner thoughts.

"That still doesn't change the fact that you're leaving," You shot him down and said nothing else.

Silence fell over the room as you pushed a piece of hair back behind your ear. You were first to speak after a few seconds.

"Does this mean we should break up?"

You expected him to instantly answer 'no' and run over and kiss you, but he instead did the opposite and returned the question to you.

"I don't know," He spoke honestly. "Do you think we should?"

Your immediate answer was 'no', but for some reason refused to admit that out loud. Instead, you answered the same as he did.

"I'm not sure," You responded. "How long will you be gone for?"

  "I don't know yet," You could hear him take a deep breath. "I hope not for very long."

  "Yeah, no kidding," You rolled your eyes and smiled slightly.

  "Well what should we do then?"

  "I don't know, Elvis," You finished and stood there as the second wave of silence crashed over the both of you.

  You fiddled with your fingers on your lap and felt the tears slow down upon your face. However, they still continued to fall at a slow pace and that's when you knew you needed to speak your mind.

  "I don't want you to leave," You cried and waited for him to reply.

  "I can't help it, (Y/N)," He said. "You know I don't want to leave either."

  "I don't want you to leave me, El," You began to sob and heard the soles of his shoes hit the floor as he walked over to you.

  The next thing you knew, arms were being wrapped around your shoulders and a kiss was placed on your forehead. Your boyfriend held you close and began to talk again.

  "Then we're not gonna break up," He insisted and cradled you close. "We can't prevent this from happening but we can make the best out of it."

  "How?" You sniffled.

  "I'll write and call everyday. It shouldn't be too long without me, right?"

  "I hope so," You said.

  "I love you," He kissed you after saying this. "And everything's going to be all right. Okay?"

  "Okay."

A/n: Very very short but I liked it. Thanks for reading. -Liz :)