Mike Nesmith #2 (The Monkees)

Requested by KitEastling1967

Loosely based on 'Jacked Up' by Weezer, which is a great song. (I'm going to see Weezer in March btw)

The cold sand beneath your feet touched your toes, along with the waves crashing up against the bottom of your legs.

The sky was darkening and the air, cooling. You took a deep breath and slowly closed your eyes, trying to enjoy the scenery.

You didn't know why, but ever since you moved to the beach house this summer, you always enjoyed the beach at night. And of course during the day as well, but there was just something about the night...

Feeling everything around you for only a little bit longer, you felt someone come up from behind you, and start kissing your neck. Knowing exactly who it was, your eyes fluttered open for a second, but slowly closed again, feeling pleasure at the action.

"Michael," You mumbled, the man slowly pulling away from you.

"Yes?" He mimicked your tone and turned you around so that you were facing him.

"Why are you out here?" You asked as he grabbed your hand and held it.

"Because I could see you out here from the window and I wanted to see you in person," Mike spoke without hesitation.

You and Mike had been dating since the first week you moved into the beach house for the summer. Mike lived right next door with his band, and you met. Things quickly escalated after that.

You really liked him, and although it was only the middle of summer, you would stay with him forever if you could.

But you knew that wasn't possible, for he had a wife and kids back at home, where he would head after the summer was over. (For purposes of the story only, please don't actually date someone with a spouse and kids!)

You didn't know until after you had been going out. And by then you were smitten.

You felt like an awful person, knowing exactly how much trouble this would all cause, but you just couldn't find enough strength to actually break up with the man.

He was lovely, and everything you had ever dreamed of. He made you feel like you were the only girl in the world, and you frankly weren't sure how to break up with someone like that.

But lately, you couldn't help to feel worse and worse about your actions as things grew more serious. You found that you often had to remind yourself that this wasn't a movie, and it was real life.

And in real life, things didn't always work out.

"Ah, I see," You replied, dragging yourself out of your own thoughts. You gave Mike a kiss on the cheek, and he returned the favor by kissing you on the lips.

"Spend the night with me," He said in between kisses. "Please."

You chuckled. "I always spend the night," You replied, having not slept in your own bed for a couple of days now.

"Yeah, but summer's almost over and I want to spend every last minute with you," Michael pulled away from your lips. "Pretty soon I'll be back home in Texas, and you'll be back home teaching."

You were a teacher, leading to the reason why you had summer off, and Michael was only in L.A. to shoot his television show, 'The Monkees'. Yet another reason why you thought your relationship wouldn't work out.

"Alright," You gave in, taking his hand and walking up the beach with him.

"I'm going to miss you when summer's over," Mike looked you in the eye. You tried to do the same, but the sky was getting too dark for anyone to see.