Micky Dolenz #1 (The Monkees)

Requested by theMusicgirl22 Who is such an amazing person. Please go read her stuff because she deserves all the love and support

Trigger warning for suicide, but nothing too graphic.

   The girl stared down at the city lights beneath her, above the city her two bare feet. She had taken her heels off and previously threw them behind her, not wanting to loose them incase she actually decided to get off this ledge.

  But she didn't want to.

The ledge was thick in length, making for an easier place to sit, but not taking any of the distance away from the scare. Although, the girl didn't mind.

The cold concrete she was sitting upon had somehow felt comforting even though she must've been at least a hundred feet up from the ground, stuck at this stupid party she didn't want to go to.

It was the fifth one she had been invited to this month, and the weight upon her shoulders of having to interact with others and act interested, was not lightening the load at all. Instead, it seemed to get heavier by the day and it became too much for the girl to bear.

So maybe that's why she was sitting upon this ledge. Not just because she needed some fresh air, or was so overtired that she needed to step away, but because it was all becoming too much for her. Too routine, too dreadful, and too much of a reason to end it all.

  And then, as if the calmness of the night disappeared, a wave of sadness seemed to wash over her and tears poured out of her eyes and down her cheeks. Her eyes blurred with the sights of the city but she couldn't help it.

  At this point, the girl didn't even know what to feel anymore. She let her body control her own emotions and not her brain, for she was too numb to do it herself. She prayed everyday that she'd actually feel something for real, but that wish hadn't been granted.

At least not yet, but she was starting to think that it never would be. She was growing hopeless, and restless, which is why she sat here tonight, wondering if she should end it all.

But then, just the crack of the back door opening had her head snapping behind her, quickly wiping the tears off her eyes and gripping onto the ledge even tighter than she had been, which wasn't very tight.

"(Y/N)," A person had walked out onto the outside deck and closed the door right behind them.

The girl knew that voice instantly, and began to wish that he would go back inside, and leave her be. But here he was, walking over to her and sitting himself up on the ledge as well, his feet facing the opposite way.

"Micky," She acknowledged her childhood friend and smiled slightly, attempting to disguise her distress. However, if someone were to ever find something wrong with the girl, he would be the one.

  "What are you doing out here?" He asked and she looked back down at the city lights, letting her hair fall in front of her face.

  "Uh, nothing much," She responded and looked back up at the man, just enough light to see the whites of his eyes. "Just wanted to get some fresh air."

   "Yeah, it's pretty crowded in there," He agreed and smiled back at her, silence falling upon them while the girl bit her lip and wondered how she could get Micky to leave.

   "Um, shouldn't you be getting back in there?" The girl was the one to speak first. "You know, since you're the drummer of the band that's hosting?"

  Micky was in a band, The Monkees. The four members were put together for a television show, a band that was sort of made for business. Nevertheless, the boys grew as close as could be, and threw this party tonight, to which the girl had an invite to.

  She really had only gotten an invite because she had been close to Micky ever since they were teenagers, but she didn't mind. It's not like she talked to any of the other guys anyways.

"Nah, the guys have it going smooth in there," He replied. "Plus, there's way too many people so no one would really even notice I'm gone."

"Yeah, same here," The girl whispered and looked down at her bare feet again. She tried to stop the tears from falling but it was no use.

  "(Y/N)," Micky called out and put his hand on the girl's shoulder, watching as she got more upset by the second. "What's- what's wrong?"

   She took a second to push her hair behind her ears and sniffle a bit before answering the man. "Everything," She spoke. "Everything."

"What do you mean?" He still wasn't getting it.

"Everything's hopeless, Mick," She sobbed. "It's all crashing down and I can't stop it."

The man could do nothing but sit there and watch her try to talk through the pain. His hand stayed on her shoulder while she cried, and he knew that was the best he could help.

"I've grown so tired and restless of having to do the same thing everyday," She tried to calm herself by taking deep breaths but it seemed to be no use. "I can't- I can't do it anymore, Micky! I hate it! I hate my life!" The girl screamed.

The man slowly realized what she had been doing out on the ledge in the first place, and immediately tried to console the girl. He took her hand and pulled her in close to himself as she weeped, wrapping his arms around the girl. Micky slowly pulled her legs over to the side where the cold, concrete floor was and kissed the top of her head while her crying slowed down a bit.

"Shh," He whispered and traced circles on her arm. "It's gonna be alright. It's gonna be alright."

A/n: This sucked ngl, but I'm back since Chemical World is done. I have some requests up next, so stay tuned for that. Thanks for reading. -Liz :)