Soothing

Been moving sides to side of the bed for like an hour and i still couldn't sleep. Plus, the baby has been kicking so hard i'm scared my heart might fall off.

"You just can't wait to go out huh little one?" I carressed it as i earn another kick,

"The faster the better. We're both waiting for you little one."

I looked at the clock, it was nearly midnight. He should be at home by now. I walked outside seeing his work room lights up. He should be asleep by now.

"Oh you're still awake?" He asked when i back hugged him,

"I can't sleep."

"Wae?" He pulls me towards him so that he could see my face,

"Look at you already puffy, shouldn't you be asleep by now?"

"The baby is giving me a hard time. It's kicking so hard."

"Hey there, shouldn't you be asleep too?" He places his head on my tummy as he talked to the little one,

"You should be asleep too."

"I'm waiting for Kai to come over, he'll be staying here."

"This late?"

"Yeah we got a schedule tomorrow early in the morning so i better make sure he won't be late."

"Ah, want me to prepare breakfast?"

"That'll be great. Anyways is it still kicking?"

"Whenever you're around, it kicks harder." I scoffed,

"You love me so much do you?" He kisses my tummy before pulling me outside the room.

We sat down next to each other as he sets up the piano. Listening to him playing the piano is always soothing, works a lot to calm the little one.

"You said whenever i play the piano it stops."

"Yeah, the baby likes it a lot i guess."

He starts to play a song everyone should be familiar of, River Flows in You. I love it how he could be so gentle while playing, always making my heart skips a beat.

I leaned over to his shoulder as he kept playing. It always work, the baby stops kicking and i could finally feel ease.

"Still kicking?" I shrugged,

"Keep playing though, it's been a while since you've played it in front of me."

With him by my side it's always soothing. No matter what problems i'm having with him here is always the best. He then started to play another song i was familiar with.

"Sing it please." I smiled.

He started to sing one of my favourite song, Hug Me. His deep, husky voice combined with the piano's melody was making me sleepy.

"I can't wait till the baby comes out."

"Why? I thought you'd like to spend more time together."

"Yeah but once the baby is out, i'll have excuses to go home or stay home with you two. That way i'll be spending more time with you."

"Aww."

"Aren't i sweet?" He chuckles,

"Yes you are." I leaned in towards him,

"Um ... i'll be up inside the room." Perfect timing,

"Jeez, since when you got in?"

"Didn't want to ruin the moment till you guys wanted to ... good night." He went,

"You seriously need to change the passcode. Last time Baekhyun and Sehun entered now Kai suddenly popped up inside." I glared,

"My bad, i'll change them tomorrow. Wanna go in now? I'm tired."

---

I woke up early with him still deepy asleep beside me. Prepared breakfast and finished just in time when they got out.

"Hope you don't mind a simple breakfast."

"You call this simple? It's clearly a whole buffet."

"If only he told me he'd be going this early yesterday, i'd cook more than this."

"Trust me, we don't get to eat a lot every morning. The best is probably ramen."

"Eat up then." I chuckled,

"Hyung, i'm going to stay here often."

"Tsk. Today will be the first and last you'll stay."

"As you wish, i don't mind the company."

"You'll regret saying that."

---

It was time for him to go and i feel like i didn't want to let him go. I backhugged him before letting him leave.

"Why are you like this recently?"

"Like what? I'm always like this."

"You've been so clingy."

"Don't you like it when i'm this clingy?"

"I do, a lot. It just makes me harder to leave the house. Not to mention the thought of you going to labor when i'm out."

"So thoughtful of you. Just go home early today."

"I will." He kissed my forehead before leaving,

"Appa has to go now, take care of mum and don't hurt her too much." He kissed my tummy,

"Can't i just come with you today?"

"Not going to risk you getting tired, remember you're just a week away from the due date. I'll come home early, okay? Then we'll have dinner together then cuddle the rest of the night."

"I'd like that."

"Hyung, we'll be late soon." Kai shouted,

"I love you."

"Love you too, don't do much just rest."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
[A/n] hello i'm back! Finals are done and i can finally start writing again, hopefully this one is okay so enjoy it!

Xoxo,

ET 🌹