what are we gonna do?

Part 49

Monday,January 2018.

Emily

I was driving,and Ali is sleeping with her head leant on the the window. I glance at her a few times,I just couldn't stop thinking about Hanna. It was already 7 in the morning and I still haven't sleep but driving. I sigh a lot of times,and keep sitting at an uncomfortable position. I touch my lips,then to my chin. Thinking where me and Ali gonna live. I still have money,but only lasts for a week. I got do this. I promised Hanna I would help her out for her date with Cara. How am I gonna tell Cara? She'll freak out and be upset..that's not what I'm thinking only,I thought about Hanna's old jokes,about how she always make me laugh even though she's pissed, about how she's such a brave woman,about how she had issues but still trying to smile,and about the first time we met. Emily fields is the luckiest person I've ever met,she's  so lucky to meet a good person like Hanna. This world is too big for her,but she she got hands in  Hanna. I stand for that.

I sigh one more time bit this one may be the world's longest sigh I've ever made in life. I pulled over to some burger restaurant,but I don't feel like going out to eat. I rest my head on the horn,and close my eyes with a tired sigh. I took a nap for a moment. But then I heard someone calling my name.

"Em? Hey,wake up..."

"Y-yeah..what is it Ali?"

"I'm hungry...."

"You haven't eat?"

"Not really..but I'm really hungry.."

I look at her belly and she keeps rubbing it. Is something wrong with her?

"Are you alright?"

I asked with a questionable look and touch her hand that was touching her belly. She small smile to me and nod slowly. I look up and down at her worried. I furrowed my eyebrows at her and nod while tightening my lips understanding. I walked out of the truck,and walked to Ali's door to open it for her. She walked out,and saw the burger shop.

"Come on. Let's go eat there,okay?"

I extended my hand to her and she grabs it. She nods and smile,and I hold her hand tighter.

...

As we got in,I told Ali to go find a table for the both of us to sit,and she took a table at the corner of the building. Just right beside the small playground for the chilren to play.

I went to the cashier to order food so Ali can eat,so I ordered a chicken burger and French fries. It gives an extra free chicken nuggets. This will be enough for Ali. Come and a water bottle is good too. They put it all on a tray so I carry it to the table. Ali was facing the playground,and she's staring at the children playing around. She keeps staring at the little toddlers. And it makes me feel curious. Is there anything to do with children to Ali? While I was pushing the little button so the sauce will be pressed down to the plate,I was staring at Ali who is still staring at those kids. She didn't turn away,and she keeps rubbing her belly. I'm concerned about her. I should be around her always. And maybe if she ready to tell me whatever it is,I'll listen. I just have to wait.

I walked to Alison,and put the tray on the table. She took the burger,and I just stare at her hand. Before she even unwrap it,she looks at me.

"Aren't you anything?"

"I don't need to eat."

"What are you? An alien? You need to eat."

"I don't feel like eating,Ali."

Ali looks at me,and puts the burger down. She cross her arms,and raised her shoulders.

"I'm not eating if you aren't."