Good news

Part 58

Alison

Woah. She looks tired.

"Ummm,Em?"

"Yiup?"

"Wanna let me drive next?"

"Nah,you're fine. I'm fine. Besides,I'm fine!"

"Uhhokay."

She crazy. But tired. She's even steering the steering wheel with her chin on it while it is turned to left and right. Her head just follows the steering wheel directions as her chin sticks there. It looks she's really tired. She can't be driving all night like this. I have to take the shift for her.

"Come on,let me drive."

"No is a yes,Ali. Please."

"So it's a yes?"

"No."

"So it's a no?"

"Yes."

"So it's a yes."

"Yes or no same thing! You know too that I want you to drive next!"

I giggled at her and he groans of tiredness. She pulled over,and we switched our seat. When I was moving to her seat she spank me while biting her lip with a her eyes closed a little. I opened my mouth surprised that she did that and kinda blush. I smack her arm and she giggled like a child to me. I finally get to sit in her seat,and start to drive. She takes a blanket from the somewhere I didn't notice,I think the blanket is always in this truck in case of need. She cuddles herself into a ball and covers her body with the blanket. It's kinda cute. I smile suddenly and looked back to the road.

Sleepy head.

I thought and keep smiling. I think she finally drifted to sleep. I can hear her snoozing. Not loud so much but snoozing a little quietly.

After couple hours I saw those big sign boards beside the road saying that we're almost there to Rosewood. Good.

I took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. But then I heard something buzzing. It doesn't have a tone,I only hear a buzzing sound. I took my phone out of my jeans pocket but it's not my phone ringing.

Maybe it's Em's.

I thought and looked for her phone. Glancing the road couple times, to make sure I'm still in the right lane. Emily's phone was at her seat but it's far from my reach and I'm trying to stretch there as hard as I can. I look back at the road and I'm still in the right lane after I got her phone. The call was still on so I answered it. It's a number Emily didn't save. The same number from before..

"Hello?"

"Can I talk to Emily? Please?"

"What for? Any purpose?"

"No,I just want to talk to her. Please Ali it's something important."

I widened my eyeballs as surprised that she knows this is me talking and not Emily.

"I'm surprised you know this is my voice."

"I've always remembered you in my mind. With Emily."

"Yea,if you want to MEET Emily,"

Why did I say MEET as if she really does want to?

"Ya can't."

"Why not?"

"We're not in town,Spence."

"Oh,so you remembered my nickname huh? Guess ive been in your mind too."