Chapter 9

Chris's POV

This weekend its Eliza and Emma's 9th birthday the 4th of July, I can still remember their mother wanting to go to a party that night even though she had been having contractions, but I took her to the hospitable and they were born that night, 8 pm when the fireworks went off. My whole family is coming over, Elissa and Melissa are coming over and we are going to announce to my family that we are dating, we're going to do the same with Elissa's birthday in two months.

All my family had arrived and they were wondering why we hadn't started yet, I told them that there were two more people to come, making them smile. As I was about to text her, I heard the knock, seeing Melissa and Elissa at the door. I smiled and gave her a kiss. "El you can go in," I tell her she looks down the hallway and shakes her head. "Ok well let's go, you can meet met parents," I tell her, she smiles. We walk down the hall entering the room where the chatter stopped and everyone was looking at us. Melissa gave the presents to her daughter to give to Eliza and Emma. She nodded shyly and took the present through my family. "you ready?" I asked her she smiled and nodded, I grabbed her arm and we walked into where my family. "Hi guy's this is Melissa, and her daughter Elissa," I say as they all look at us with a smile. She waved at them all as we walked into my family as I introduced her to everyone. "So now that everyone is here should we get started," I say smiling. As we get lunch underway Melissa decided to help Libby serve the food. "So you and my brother" I hear her ask. Melissa smiled "Yep" she replies "She's got this?" I ask El. She just shrugs her shoulders.

I watch them for a while and they start to laugh meaning that everything is going well.

Mellissa's POV

I decided to help Chris sister serve lunch. "Hi, Libby," I say with a smile. "Hi Mel" she replies to me, I smile and give the girls their lunch. "So how did you meet Chris, when I heard the girls tell us about you he must have really liked you because the girls don't always warm up quickly to new women," she tells me. "We actually met down at the park," I tell Libby, she nods and smiles. "What do you do?" She asked me "I'm a dance and singing teacher," I tell her smiling. "Oh cool, so you're a performer?" She asked "Was, I was in my last year of college when I got pregnant with Elissa so I went on to teaching and thought I could still have the dance and singing part of my life if I because an I guess performing arts teacher." I told Libby Chris, sister. "Oh nice" she replies smiling.

Those were the only real questions that were exchanged with us from there it was just awkward silence. Chris and I sit with the girl, Emma and Eliza in between the both of us and Elissa on the other side of me.

Just as we got started on lunch, there was a knock at the door, Chris got up and answered the door, I hear a female and a male's voice and for some reason, I feel like I've heard that voice before. "Girls take your lunch outside," I tell them, helping them out of their seats and taking them outside before going to Chris's side.

Chris's POV

I open the door and there she was, why today why now, on their birthday... "What are you doing here?" I ask "I'm here to see my daughters, "What's he doing here, he can't be here," I tell her. "Why he's my Partner, he sure can be here," she tells me angrily. I sigh, Melissa is going to be so pissed, thankfully she came to the door, she grabbed my hand. "Who are you?" Hanna asked Melissa "She is my partner," I tell her, "So she's the one that's been also looking after my girls," Hanna asked "You girls, ha.. you abandon the girls when they were 2, and they are doing fine," I tell her. "Please Chris let me see them," she tells me. I look at Melissa. She knew it was my choice, and she had always told me that she knew she didn't have a say in the girl's decisions unless I told her, which I had told her that I was fine that she helped me in decision making. "Should I, I mean he is here, is that ok with you?" I asked her. She nodded "Fine you guys get 10 minutes with the girls." He tells them "If you so ever touch her Blake you will never see her again," Melissa tells Blake. He nod's smirking. "She means it, if you touch her I'll drag you out of here," I tell him. We walk in and my mum and Libby stand up looking at her. "You remember Hanna, this is Blake her new partner and well Elissa's father Melissa's ex," Chris said. "Why is she here, she hasn't been here for their other birthdays," Libby said "I'll go get the girls," Melissa tells me. "Ok," I reply. "We were just about to sit down for lunch," I say. "Oh um .." Hanna started hoping that mum would pipe in, but she didn't thank god. As awkward as Is, Melissa came in with the girls and their plate, they all stopped in their tracks and hid behind Melissa. "Emma, Eliza come here," I say and they shake their heads. Mum, grabs the plates from Melissa, as Melissa walks towards Chris, holding on for dear life. "Eliza, Emma, do you remember your mum?" I ask them. They shook their heads. "Ok let's sit on the couch I tell them, they raced over to the couch with Elissa. "You can all have your lunch," I say "Its ok sweetie, we will stay with you," Mum said I nod and smile.

"So Emma, Eliza this is your mum, do you want to say hi?" I ask they shake their heads. "Oh come on Girls," she says. they look scared, "Hanna," say looking back at her. "it's ok girls if you don't want to say hello, she just came to see you on your birthday," I tell them they nod but still don't know anything.

Authors POV

Meanwhile, Melissa was sitting with her daughter who was slightly sobbing. "It's ok baby. Do you want to know who he is?" Melissa says. Elissa nod's "Well he's your father" Melissa tell's her, she looks at him and back at Melissa. And shakes her head "He's scary" she whispers. "Hi," Blake said coming over to Elissa, she hurried her head into Melissa's chest, and that's when things got heated he placed his hand on her knee. "What did I say, don't touch her," Melissa said a little too loud. "Mel, she's my daughter too," he said "Don't call me Mel, and you have no right to call her 'your daughter", get out," Melissa says making Elissa flinch. "I'm sorry baby, come on let's go outside, Em, Liz did you want to come?" Melissa asked the other two so Chris could get Hanna and Blake out of his house. So Melissa could calm the girls down since she didn't want them feeling like this on your birthday. "How about have a little bit of food and then we open your presents," she says Emma and Eliza smile. "I don't like her," Emma says "Yeah I don't want her as my mummy, I want you as my mummy," Eliza says "Yeah," Emma says. "Well like I have told you, you can always come to me and ask me questions, but I think we would have to talk to your dad first," Melissa tells the girls. They smile and nod.

Chris walked out to see Melissa eating their lunch with the girls they were giggling and smiling. He took out his phone from his pocket and took a photo before going over to them sitting with them hugging his girls.

They walked back into the lounge room, where everyone was getting their presents for Emma and Eliza. After presents and Cake. Chris's family became a little more comfortable with Melissa as did Melissa feel more comfortable with his family.

_____________

Chris's POV

I walked into my room where Melissa lay in the bed, I walked over and climbed into bed, he crawled on top of her giving her a kiss. She smiled, kissing him back. "Thank you for today," I told her. "No worries" she replied to me. "What are we going to do?" I asked her. "Well I think we ask the girls what they want to do, I mean I know what I want to do, but I think we should ask them because I know even though that I hate him we shouldn't keep her from him if she would want to see him" Melissa tell's me. "Umm why do you always have such good idea's?" I asked her. She shrugged. We continued to kiss until we hear footsteps. We look up and see three girls standing at the door. "What's wrong?" I asked them. They came and got on the bed and sat there. "We have all decided that we don't want to see the other parent, we want you two to be our parents," Elissa told us. "Hold up El, I understand if you don't want to see Blake your father but I think we should hear it from Emma and Eliza," Melissa told her daughter who came and sat in Melissa's lap. "We don't want to see her," Eliza said for the two of them."Ok, but you girls, you are always entitled to see them ok, we are not going to stop you" I told them they nodded and crawled into bed with us. "Girls back to your own beds," I say. "What so you can have some alone time with each other" Emma said and Eliza making kissing noises with Elissa giggling. Once they left Melissa and I laid in bed, talking instead of kissing, or making out "Hey what are we going to do if they fight for custody?" Melissa asks me. "I guess we would fight, we both don't want our kids going near them nor do the kids, but I know deep down that I don't want to keep them from them so if in the future they want to see their mother and father they can," I say explaining my answer. "Umm, Yeah, I don't want to Keep El from her father but the way he disobeyed me touching her I don't think I can trust him on taking care of her" Melissa told me. I nodded. "Let's stop talking about this and maybe talk to the girls tomorrow," I say as I fall on top of her falling into a kiss.

She laid on my chest, through the night as I had my arm around her protecting her, I don't think I have really felt anything like this wanting to protect someone and someone else child, so much other than my own girls.