Chapter 24

Hey, guys here is another chapter, sorry for the wait... I haven't been feeling the best,  I'm getting better, so hopefully next week I should be writing and posting more. I'll write check my conversation profile for an update if you follow me you will get a notification :) 

It's been a couple of weeks since the girls asked Melissa about her singing and if she would perform on America's Got Talent. They had been talking quietly around her whispering in the car, it was like they were conjuring a plan for her, so she would be able to go on Americas got talent.

Melissa is laying in bed, waiting for her boyfriend to come to bed, he left the door open slightly as they did when they weren't having 'alone time'.

"Are the girls been awful secretive to you lately?" Melissa asked. "Um no, why?" He asked her as he climbed into bed "Um. Well, they talk quietly when I am around and when I look at them from a distance they will cover their mouths and whisper to each other." Melissa explained "Umm," he said really knowing what was going on. "You know something don't you," he asked him "No I do not," he said nodding head smiling. "Chris what's going on," I tell him annoyed. "The girls have entered you into the Americans hot talent, they want you to have the career you deserve to have," he told her giving her a kiss. "But don't tell them I told you because they want you to be surprised when they come to our door tomorrow," Chris told Melissa. "Umm, so how should I look?" She asked him. "Like your beautiful self." He told her giving each other a kiss smiling as they cuddled and fell asleep in each other's arms.

————-

Melissa's POV

Elissa, Emma and Eliza were waiting nervously while colouring at their small colouring table in the living room. "Girls what's got you so nervous," I ask them. "Were not" Elissa said looking at her mother "Ok" I replied Chris was sitting down on the couch next to me working on his new book, while I was sitting next to him as I worked on assignments for my classes, the girls kept looking at the door, now that I knew what was happening I was calm.

When the doorbell rang they were so excited and followed me to the door, since Chris told me what was going on, I used my 'acting skills' to be oblivious to what was going on. I opened the door with the girls behind me, looking at who was at the door. "Hello, are you Melissa Benoist?" The person on the other side of the door asked me. "yes" I say cocking my brow. "Oh good, my name is Julie and we are from America's Got Talent," she started. I looked over at the girls who scattered back to their colouring table. "Um ok" I continued. "Do you have any idea why were are here?" They asked me. "Um let me guess, the three girls you just saw, out girls, they put in an application in for me?" I asked, "yes with the help with your partner?" They asked me. "Umm yeah sounds about right." I happily at the thought that Chris would do it for me too. "Well we would like to invite you to an audition with the three judges, your day will be the October the 8th, we hope you can make it" the said and walked off. I closed the door and walked in as the girls faces lit up. "Are you going to do it mummy?" Elissa asked I sighed "I guess I am going to have to now am I since you went this far for me," I say as I kissed each other their heads "Umm girls what song did you choose for mummy?" Chris shouts out. "Forever and Always by Taylor Swift," they said in unison I sighed they have become so obsessed with Taylor lately particularly her older music "Ok, but I will need a backup song but I will see if I can sing it ok," I tell them smiling. "Oh ok" Eliza replied "Hey it's ok, how about I practice with the song you have chosen," I tell Eliza "But I want to you to sing it in front of people," she said. I sigh "Ok, but I will need to have another song read in case they think the song is too young for me is that ok?" I ask Eliza "Ok" she replied defeated. I gave a kiss on the forehead "Thank you for doing this for me girls" I tell them smiling and went back to doing my assignments.

Authors POV

The rest of the day the family had a quiet day and got ready for the school week and the working week. Chris was working at the Cafe hoping to open a new one in a shopping centre since the one down the road from the park was doing so well.

Later that night the two played in bed together after having a quite lovemaking session, trying to conceive again. "That's was amazing," Chris said making Melissa giggle. "Umm yeah" I replied "So where you in on this whole America's Got Talent," I asked Chris he nodded "Why?" I asked "Because your voice is amazing, and you need to be seen and heard," he told me, making me blush. "Thank you" I reply as I kiss his torso, and lean into him as he kisses me on the forehead. "No worries" he replied to her, sinking into each other naked and arm sweaty skin. The two feel hoping for a miracle.

Throughout the week when Melissa had the time, she would practice in the piece and in front of the girls and most importantly Chris. Melissa kept it quite around the school about her going to an audition but would practice quietly when she was in her classroom alone but also trying to keep her voice rested so it would be 'amazing' as her girls would say.

It was Melissa period off, she had some marking to do, she had her door closed her earphones into the song she was going to sing Carol King I feel the earth move, quietly to her self. She was so into the song that she didn't see or hear the door open, to one of her students walking in, up to her desk. She looked up slightly seeing a shadow scaring her a little. "Oh, I'm sorry Mrs Benoist" her student "Its ok Alex, what's up?" Melissa asks her. "I was wondering if you could help with my singing by having privet in one of my free periods?" Alex asks "Um sure give me your free periods because this one of my free periods so it may work." Melissa explained to Alex. "Ok no worries, oh and you have a wonderful voice, do your daughters get the amazing voice as you or do that get their dad's ability to write amazing books." Alex complimented Melissa and her family from the picture that was facing away from her students but towards her. "My daughter loves to sing, Chris daughters also love to sing, I've only heard my daughter sing not his" Melissa explained. Alex nodded with a smile. "Thank you, for doing this I appreciate it, I really want to get into Marymount Manhattan College, they have a great program there" Alex said happily "You know I went there to transfer into teaching before I had my daughter, I can write you a letter if you like but you have to promise me that you will continue to do great work, in all of your subjects, not just drama" Melissa tells Alex. "Oh really, of course, I will thank you" Alex said excitedly. "No worries Alex, I will see you after lunch," Melissa said smiling.

Melissa kept practising, while Chris took the girls to dance class, giving her time to her self to get her self together for her performance on the weekend. Which the girls had taken school off for, as well as dance and softball so they could all go watch their mum perform on stage. 

There you have it !!!  what do you think ??? are you still likeing this chapter