Chapter 49

Mason, Tristan and Charlie have been home for a week, the girls wouldn't want to go to school because they wanted to help, nor did they want to do their homework. While the girls were at school Chris and Melissa made sure they got them into a routine so they would be awake when the girls got home and so they can go to sleep when the girls do. They also did A LOT of washing and organised a time to do a photo shoot since the girls are back dancing.

"Hey babe there down, go have a sleep," Chris told Melissa giving her a kiss on the forehead, as she was starting to fall asleep on the couch. "Umm," she said "have a sleep on the couch and then I'll go have a sleep," he said, "How about we both have a sleep together." She suggests, "good idea" Melissa replies getting up and walking to their bedroom together.

Melissa POV

For the first time since all their kids were home together they actually got some rest and able to sleep in their own bed without any distraction, crying or "Mummy, daddy I can't sleep because either, Mason, Tristan or Charlie would be screaming." From Elissa, Emma or Eliza

Tristan and Mason would want to sleep in on bed together but we have been trying to keep them as separate as possible, so they wouldn't have any separation anxiety when they are older, whereas Charlie has become attached to Emma more than Elissa and Eliza.

The two slept soundly until Charlie started whaling. I groaned getting u to go to see her. I walked into their room seeing her crying, "Baby girl what's wrong?" I asked as I picked her up rocking her. I picked her pacifier that had fallen out of her mouth. "Did you pacifier fall out.?" I ask her she looks up at me and I put it back in, and she becomes quiet. It's going to be hard to get rid of her pacifier. "Are you going to go back to bed or are you ready to get up?" I asked her. She tries to rub her eyes but misses, and waves her arms around. I chuckle. "Ok daddy is asleep, so how about we go sit down and have something to eat?" I ask Charlie. She looks at me. I know she can hear me because she's responding to me with a smile.

"Ok, let's go," I say and take her out to get her bottle and myself some lunch.

As I was feeing Charlie, and my lunch was heating up, Chris came out, only in his track pants and nothing else. "Hey," he said giving her a kiss. "And hey Charlie," he said giving his youngest daughter a kiss.

"Hey," she replied "Um I will go pick up the girls and take them to dance if that's ok, I think I need to get out of the house," I asked "So do I" he responded I sigh. "Ok," I said getting up. Leaving the room and leaving Charlie in her padded high chair.

I went with my lunch and sat outside so that I could be alone, that's all I needed some alone time.

I heard the door open, "I'm sorry" I heard, I looked back to see Chris closing the door. "Where is Charlie?" I asked, "I put her in the bassinet in the living room." He told me. I nodded.

"How about we give the kids to mum on Friday, and we can have a day alone, go hiking, do something that couples would do if they didn't have kids?" He asked me. "I would like that, I just need some alone time, can I go for a walk with the dogs and I'll pick the girls up?" I asked him. "It's ok, I will pick them up if you pick them up tomorrow," he asked me. "Ok, deal" I replied with a smile. "We need to figure something out, a system, I mean once they all have their shots we can take them on car rides while one of us is home by ourselves for a while." I told Chris "I know, but look we are figuring it out and we will continue to, now go for a walk," he told me I smiled. "Thank you, I'm sorry," I told Chris with a smile, giving him a kiss, getting ready to go on a walk, before I told the dogs.

I decided that I would take the dogs down to the park so they could have a good run around while I just sit there taking in the fresh air that I haven't really smelt in ages.