Chapter 42

Ok so I didn't get to do much writing today but I have an excuse 1 of which was I had to do grocery shopping, and getting other things and 2. well one of my closest friends came home for my birthday which is next Monday, but it was on a sad note because she broke her foot at work. anyway, I will try to write during the week but then again I am working every day bar the weekend again... 

Melissa POV

Today the girls are with Chris mum, while Chris and I head to out appointment, we both decided that we would find out the genders, and surprise the girls next week at our gender reveal party, since Chris and I are quite good at acting.

Chris and I sat in the waiting room, holding each others hands. "Melissa" our mid wife called us. We both stood up and walked in with her. I sat down on the table while she got everything ready. "So you wanting to know the genders and also write it down?" She questioned "Yes, we are going to do a gender reveal party, for the girls" I explained ok. "Ok no worries, so if you just pull your shirt up we will get started," she said with a smile I did so, and I took Chris's hand with a smile as she squeezed jelly on my stomach.

She waved the wand around. They all look really healthy, and growing nicely, the third on had caught up, I do however think that they may have some issues but then again they may not, so its always good to get them checked out around 3 or 4 before they start school or if you think they are learning slower" she told us, I nodded, I was scared but I would love them no matter what if they had a disability or not. "So let's have a look at your babies," she said as she went past their heads and arms, they looked like they were playing with each other, making Chris and I laugh.

"Well it looks like you are having..." she started.

Chris POV

Melissa walked into our house grinning "We can start being all out stuff now "Yeah, but we need to hide it from the girls because I bet they will sneak around or beg Libby to tell, the genders of the babies." Melissa said, "Yes, now before they get home do u want to do some browsing online for prams, cots and car seats.?" I suggested Melissa nodded as she walked on to the couch. "Have you got a few things in mind?" I asked her she just nodded.

Melissa showed me all the tabs that she had saved on her computer smiling "oh wow that pram looks cute," I said with a smile "yeah I think it would be nice to let them see each other plus this one can count at car seats." Melissa said with a smile. I just rubbed her belly, she looked at me, they all just kicked" I said "yeah and it really hurt" she said rubbing my belly "you guys be good don't hurt your mummy" I said as I gave her a kiss, as they all kicked again. We both chuckled that we enjoyed this moment together. "When the girls come home we should see if they kick for them," I said smiling "they would love it" Melissa replied. "So what else do you have?" I asked, "Well I mean I have their cots and playpens?" She told me with a smile, we continued to look at the major things we needed before they were born, but I think we also needed to look at Cars. "Hey we should probably go car shopping I mean we have a look at a few but we should probably consider buying before they come along," I say "Yes well the girls should be home soon maybe we could take them with us?" Melissa suggested "Yes, I think they would like that" I replied, as Melissa opened a new tap on her computer and we looked at a few cars for a family of 8.

Authors POV

The girls got home and ran up to their parents, begging to tell them the gender of the baby, of course, they shook their heads and Said it was a surprise for them too.

Chris sneakily got up and gave him mum the piece of paper, so she could give it to Libby since she was seeing her tomorrow. She smiled her son, giving him a hug, "Where they good?" Melissa asked "They were great," she tells Chris and Melissa "What did you girls do?" She asked them. "We look at things for of brothers Emma said "No sister" Eliza pointed out "And what about you?" She asked Elissa "Brothers and a sister or sisters and a brother I couldn't decide" she pointed out "Well I have an Idea, how about we make this a bit, dad can write them down and at the gender reveal party, we can umm, give the winner the first hold of one of their siblings?" Melissa said they all nodded their heads "Ok, well we actually are going to go car shopping, so girls go put your bags in your room and get ready because we are going to by a new car" Chris said with a smile "Oh lovely, I would love to help so if you find one let me know so I can contribute, or with the seats and the pram too" she said smiling "Mum, only one contribution is enough, you don't have to do everything" Chris told his, mother. "Thank you so much again for doing this we appreciate it" Melissa said as she got off the couch. "No worries darling, now when do you get off work?" She asked her soon to be daughter in law. "Um well after the Chris mass break I will spend January and February, and get march off since they are coming later April, maybe earlier." Melissa examined "So you're not doing a c-section?" She asked Melissa "Nope natural," she said with a smile while Chris put him's arm around her. "You are very brave." Chris mum told me "Thank you." Melissa said

Chris mum left and Melissa helped the girls get ready to go out car hunting.

"out of the car, now be good and stay close we are in a car yard," Melissa told the girls, the just nodded and walked with their parents.

"Hi, can I help you?" A salesman asked "Um yes we are looking for a car that will fit 8" Chris says as he holds Melissa close "Um sure, well um... I will just go get transfer you over to one of the large family cars." The man said as they followed him "They are looking for a big family car" he told a lady she just nodded "HI, my name is Chantel, how can I help you?" She asked the family "Hi, um yes we would like a family car that will fit eight" Chris explained again. "Of course, congratulations, by the way, may I ask how soon will you need the car?" She asked Chris and Melissa "Latest March," Chris told her "No worries now girl, are you helping your mum and dad," she asked the girls. "Yes," they all said. "Well ok, so I maybe would suggest a Minnie Van, but if your not into a soccer mum or dad vibe we do eight seaters that are not in mini van's" she told them, "I think a minivan would be good" Melissa said looking at Chris who nodded "We don't do soccer we play baseball and do Dancing" Eliza told the lady "Liz" Melissa retorted "it's ok, its just an expression, so we have this car here, three seats at the back, three seats in the middle and two seats at the front, now they can have inbuilt DVD players" Chantel said making the girls faces light up and she opened the door, "Dad this has a sunroof" Emma said, Elissa's face was great, her and her mum had a five-seater, basic car, whereas Chris and his girls had a range rover. "Um, what about a boot?" Chris asked, "Well with eight seaters there is limited boot space, however, we do have a van it works as a 7 seater but can have an added 8th seat, in the middle, but I guess with newborns on the way you would want more of a four-wheel drive?" She asked the two. "Um yes, it would be more appropriate," Melissa said Chris nodded agreeing.

"Ok, um do you if you are going to have your car seats up right or facing the opposite direction?" She asked "upright," Melissa said ok if that's the case you can still get the fan, or you can get a four-wheel drive with three seats at the back?" She explained. "Um, maybe a four wheel drive, something similar to my finances car he has a range rover, which is great and spacious" Melissa explained, "No worries come with me and I can show you one of the latest models," she said "Thank you. May I Say you are very good and have a lot of knowledge" Melissa told Charlotte. "Thank you, I have triplets my self, and my partner had two kids so I can understand what you must be going through she told Melissa and Chris.

Melissa and Chris were very happy, and in the end, they decided to swap exchange mess car and pay the difference, so they could have two big cars.

Charlotte said it would at least take a week or two to get in, which was fine meaning they could get the car clean and presentable. 

Ok there is the chapter :) I may Do a mid-week update depending if I need to leave my computer in the shop on Tuesday :) anyways have a good night or day :)