Chapter 27

Melissa POV

Today is the first day that Chris and I see our baby, last week was my first performance on AGT live shows, I go back in tomorrow night after I finish school to find out if I am safe and can go into the week after. Chris and I were in the car listening to the radio. "What song should I sing if I get through?" I ask him "Umm" he started and then a song I love came on 'Moon River,' by Audrey Hepburn. "What about this song?" I ask. "Umm, you really like your old movies don't you?" He asked me, I nodded my head and started to sing along to the song. I saw him smile, making me smile as we continue to drive to the appointment.

Once we arrived at the appointment we walked in, a couple of people looked up and gasped at the fact the 'Chris wood' walked in. He smiled at him as we sat down next to a table, I looked over and saw a magazine with a photo of Chris and a mystery women well who was me, I chuckled, I picked it up and handed it to Chris making it grin, he placed it on the seat next to him I leaned my head on his shoulders as he kissed my forehead. One of the young women who was sitting across from us got up and pulled something out of her bag, she was about 8 months pregnant, she handed something to Chris. He nodded, once she sat down he opened it while I was looking at it. He always allowed me to see what people gave him since he was well famous. "thank you for your books, I'm naming my son Christopher after you, call me if she doesn't work out" the note said, I chuckled in my head, and looked at him as he put the note in his pocket. My name was called we walked through the door and passed the young women, I held Chris's hand as we walked passed her.

"So is it Benoist or Wood?" The nurse asked me "Benoist, but please Melissa is fine" I told her. "No worries, now should we get started." She asked we both nodded "So if you will pull up your shirt and we can get started" the Nurse told us. I did as she said "This might be cold" she told us, and squeezed a big glob of gel on to my stomach. "So is this your first?" She asked. "Um well for us as a couple yes, but we each have kids from separate relationships, he has twin girls as I um.. had twins but one of them died at birth, I also have a girl" Melissa said "Well then I'll be sure to look out for two embryos, once you have twins you can have a second pair, and having two from different relationships may make it a higher % as well. Are you to twins?" She asked us as she continued to look. "No, but our parents are twins" Chris said. "Ok, well I'm sorry but your not going to be having twins" she told us, "right there is your baby" she continued showing us a peanut size baby. I held Chris's hand and she showed us, would you like to hear the heart beat?" She asked us I nodded vigorously. "Ok here we go," she said and put the sounds of the heartbeat on. I started to cry when I heard the heartbeat, bobom bobom bobom, I heard Chris's hand tighter as I shed a tear, he gave me a kiss on the forehead. "Well I can tell you are 2 months along, have you have any morning sickness or cravings?" She asked me, I shook my head, "Well you one of the lucky ones, I will leave you to wipe off the gel, and when your done, come make an appointment for your next appointment in 3 weeks" she told us. We both nodded "Oh and if you would like to have a private appointment let us know and we can make it happen." The nurse told us. "Thank you we may take you up on that" Chris said smiling as the nurse walked out, I wiped the gel off my stomach and pulled my shirt down. Sitting up Chris gave me a kiss on the lips ad we walked out hand in hand to the front desk to make another appointment.

We arrive home to an empty house, the girls were dance, picked up by my mum who took them to their dance class and would bring them home. "sorry I couldn't produce twins" I told Chris, "Its ok" he replied giving me a kiss, "So I guess we need to start looking for a house, should we do it before the girls come home?" He asked me. I nodded as I went down to sit on the couch, while he went and grabbed his computer.

As we were looking I imagined a house, the typical white fence, a small front garden, as well as a medium back garden with a pool, both were fenced, and I could see all our kids running around playing in the pool, it was two stories it was perfect. "What about this one, I mean with the way my book sales are going we can afford anything, but I know and I don't really want a lavish house," he said pointing to the house that was on the screen. "Yeah," I said as we looked through the pictures. As we looked at the house images came to me again. "So this one has 6 bedrooms, plus a study, a fair size back yard with the kitchen and living area attached, as well as a theatre room." Chris started as we looked at the pictures, I saw all of us cuddled us on a couch watching Disney movie, eating popcorn and chocolates.

"Melissa, what do you think, do you want to go see it?" Chris asked me. "Umm sorry?" I asked, "Would you like to go see it?" He asked me. "yeah," I said as we saved the house and went on looking for some more. We found a couple more that we wanted to go see, of course, we would need to do it when they were open and when a friend or family member could look after the girls. "You know maybe we should tell the girls that we have been thinking of a new place, but keep this pregnancy quiet," I told Chris.

"Of course," he said giving me a kiss, I closed the computer placing it down on the coffee table, continuing to kiss him. "Feeling a little horny?" He questions, I just kissed him laying him down on the couch, kissing him but were interrupted by the door opening, I wiped my mouth and just sat there with him his arm around me, it was like I was back in high school or college, someone walking in on me making out.

"Mummy, daddy," all of the girls said running toward us as my mum carried all their bags in. Chris got up and helped her while I sat with the girls. "How was your day?" I asked them "good," they all said smiling "that's good, what did you all do?" I asked them. "The usual school things," Eliza said I nodded. "Ok then, well you girls have a shower and then you can do your homework, while Chris and I speak to grandma," I tell them. They nod and take their bags to their room, while we sit with my mum on the couch.

"So we have something to tell you," I say as Chris takes my hand

"Oh my gosh, you two are going to get married?" She asked looking down at my hands and saying it a little too loud. "No mum, well it might happen," I said looking over at Chris. "But, um please keep this quiet. We haven't told the girls yet. They are going to have a brother or sister." I say quietly, she smiled hugging us both. "Oh that's great news," she said smiling widely, "Thank you, but as we said, we would like to keep it quiet, we don't want the girls to knowing until it's safe," I told mum. "Of course." She said we all smiled. "Would you like to stay for dinner?" Chris asked "Oh no it's ok, I need to get home if you need any more help, let me know. I would love to watch the girls dance again" she told us "Thank you mum" I said smiling as we walked to the door giving her a hug, as she left. 

Ok, there you have it. hope you are all enjoying this book. thank you as well for 2 K already :)