Chapter 21

Chris's POV

"El can you go grab mum, tell her to get ready," I asked Elissa he nodded as she got up from the colouring table running into to the study. "Girls, can you please set the table?" I asked Emma and Eliza. They both nod for some reason I felt really nervous, about Hanna coming over, to see her pregnant and wanting to see her children, it doesn't feel right, and to have it with Melissa's Ex who also left at the time of his Childs birth.

"Babe, you ok?" Melissa says looking at me from over the counter as I stared into space. "Umm yeah," he said as he pulled me into our room. "babe what's wrong?" Melissa asks me worried "I'm just nervous about this dinner, I mean she was my ex who walked away from her two girls and is now having another child while Blake did the same to you, I just don't want it to happen again," I told her. "Hey Babe, their child isn't our problem, ok all we need to discuss is the fact that how we should work the girl's agreement out ok," Melissa tells me. "Ok, thank you I needed that," I told her she smiled back at me, "No worries, now can I have a shower please and get ready and I will help when I finish," Melissa tells me. I nodded giving her a kiss allowing her to have a shower.

Melissa came out from the bedroom, walking up behind me giving me a kiss on the neck. "hey" I said smiling. "Everything is done, we just need to wait for them to get here," I told Melissa. As if on cue the doorbell rang, the girls didn't even look up from the TV. Melissa and I walked to the door.

________________

As we all laughed about out past times with each other, there was that tension about the real reason why they were here. As I took a sip of my water clearing my throat, as I wiped my mouth, Melissa knew I wanted to speak, and Hanna did two since it was what I didn't in uncomfortable situations. Melissa squeezed my hand for reassurance, and that she would speak first since Blake was the one that brought it up. "So um, Blake, I have a suggestion for you. You can see Elissa, with the supervision of me or Chris, for the first couple of months or until she feels comfortable, and then we can figure out how we can do it whether you see her once or twice a week, and slowly she may want to spend time with you, I am not going to stop her from seeing you, I just don't want to see her get hurt, were you say you will see her, and then back out" Melissa spoke, looking into Blakes eyes. He nod's "I can work with that, and I feel like its the right thing to do, is get to know her and allow her to get to know me," Blake said Melissa looked at me, and then looked at Blake. "Wow, um ok, Um well I am going to let you two alone, while I take El outside," Melissa said as she gave me a kiss, walking with Blake, getting a hold of Elissa, While Hanna and I sat at the table.

Melissa's POV

"Elissa hey calm down, you with me it's ok," I say as Elissa sobs heretically while Blake sits back and doesn't do anything, not even touches her. "Elissa Marie Benoist you stop crying right now," I tell her sternly "I don't want to see him" she screams. "Well Elissa he really wants to get to know you," I tell her as she buries her head into my shoulder. "Now calm down," I say, as she looks at me. I hate that she is like this but it is better for her in the long run when she is older and screams at me for not allowing me to see her dad. "Ok, are you feeling up to talking?" I ask her. She sakes her head, as I nod my head letting Blake know that he could speak. "Hi Elissa, I know you probably don't want to talk to me or see me, but I would really like to get to know you if that's ok," he says as she looks up at me and then him. I nod slightly letting her know it was ok. "Hi" she said quietly. "Hi" he said in return. "Mum tells me you like to dance?" He asked her "Yeah" she replied "You know your mum is a really good dancer and singer" He said, I looked at her and smiled. "I know she tells me that were I have my talents from" she said sure of her self.. "Well I would like to see you dance and sing sometime if you would let me" he asked she looked at me and I nod. "Ok" she says "Can I have a hug?" He asked her as he looked at me, I nod with a smile, she looked at me, I nod in return, as she hugs him for less and 5 seconds. Making me smile, something tells me inside that it was the right choice to do this.

Chris POV

"So" I started, she looks up and Nods "Thank you for this, I really want to try and be a good mother to this one and the girls, I'm sorry I haven't helped" She started "If you here now it doesn't matter, I don't want the girls to not see their mother" I tell Hanna she nods. "Girls come over here please" I call out to them. They look at each other and the shake their heads "Girls please your mother would like to talk to you" I say, I see Emma get up and walk over but Eliza stays seated "talk to your mother or allow her to talk to you" I tell Emma as she sits at the table. I walked over to Eliza who tucks her head into my shoulder "Come on Liz, how about you sit on my lap?" I ask her she nods "Ok, come on, I'm not carrying you," I tell her. She walked with me over to the table to find that Emma is talking about how Elissa is playing Baseball with them and they are going to do dancing with her this year too. "Do you play baseball to Eliza?" Hanna asked her. She nodded slowly "What about dancing?" She asked making Eliza's face light up a little more nodding her head. "Mummy Mel is a good singer," Eliza said making Hanna nod. "What else do you like school?" Hanna asked our girls Emma and Eliza nodded "What subjects do you like?" She asked "English," they both said smiling "Like your father?" She said smiling at me, I nodded. "Can I have a hug?" She asked the girls looking at me, as I nodded, and they look at me, I nod my head they get up slowly and walk around and hugged their mum for no more than 5 seconds. "Thank you, girls, I hope you can let me in more because I would really like to get to know my daughters more," Hanna said, "Are you having a baby?" Emma asked. Hanna nodded "With Elissa's daddy?" Emma asked Hanna nodded, I was worried how they would react, they stepped back and looked at her. They shook their heads "What's wrong?" She asked, "Don't you want a brother or sister?" She asked them as I looked at them. "Girls it's ok," I tell them "We want a brother or sister with mummy Mel," Eliza said. "Oh, well you will get one with me, Elissa with also have a brother or sister too" She explains to them they looked at me again. "Its ok girls," she says. "Girls why don't you go get Elissa and head to bed," I tell them they nod and run out to Elissa and they run back to their rooms.

Blake and Melissa come back inside we decided that it would be best if they come down to the park when the girls have their baseball games so we can figure out an agreement before I go away on the book tour.

___________

Authors POV

The two laid their heads on the pillow after finishing the cleaning. "I think that went well?" Melissa asked Chris "Yeah" Chris replied with a smile, giving her a kiss on the forehead "You know what Eliza said," Chris asked Melissa. "What," she asked "That she wants a brother or sister from you," Chris said with a smile, making her smile. "really?" She asked Chris he nodded "maybe when you get back we can try again," she tells Chris. " I'd like that," Chris replied the two adults fell asleep in each other's arms satisfied about the outcome from Blake and Hanna been at their house seeing their girls.