Chapter 40

Midweek update !!!!! yaaa I have been so busy this past couple of days with work and other stuff, but firstly who enjoyed the latest episode of SUPERGIRL !!! comment below :) 

Chapter 40

Melissa walked into work happy, as she was asking to her class room, she saw a familiar face she smiled. "Donovan, why are you here so early?' She asked. "Um I was wondering if I could talk to you?" He asked her. "Of course, I was going to send you an email to see if we could chat, now is a good time come in" Melissa told her student. He smiled Donovan grabbed a seat and sat infant of his teachers desk while Melissa got her self organised getting her lap top open and pulling out Donovans work and his file from her cabinet. "Um congratulation" he said looking at her ring. "Thank you" she replied with a smile, sitting down in front of her student. "So, I hope you don't mind, I got Chris to read it and he said you have a lot of talent as do I think you have a lot of talent and he would love to work with you someday" Melissa started he looked at her, in shock, and smiled. "I, was wondering. Do your parents know that you have this amazing gift of writing?" Melissa asked, he shook his head, "My father, he wants me to play baseball, but I mean I love the sport, but I cant really see myself playing the game for the rest of my life" Donovan explained to Melissa, she nodded "Would it be ok if I talk to them? Have a meeting?" Melissa asked, he looked at her and shook his head. "May I ask why?" She asked him "If my dad ever knew I was doing drama, he would kill me and force, me to do laps" Donovan said quite scared. "And what about mum?" Melissa asked "I don't know, I mean she always asked how I did at school, and if I'm liking the subjects" he told Melissa. "Ok, well may I speak with her, you don't have to be in the room, we could do it out of school maybe at my house?" Melissa asked. "Umm" Donovan said "Don't worry, ok, may I speak to your mum?" She asked "Ok, but can you promise me something" he asked Melissa, "Of course" Melissa replied "Don't tell anyone about this, I just, I'm still trying to figure something out" Donovan explained "Ok, well I am always here to talk" Melissa told Donovan. "Thank you Miss Benoist" he replied with a smile. "No worries I will see you in class later" Melissa said smiling as Donavan walked out of the class room making sure that no one seems him.

Throughout the day a couple of the teachers came to see Melissa congratulating her on the engagement from all the talk about Chris with the students at school.

"Hi Melissa," one of the teachers said walking into her classroom, now Melissa had heard about this female teacher, she was new like her, but only just got out of college, overly eager like she was when she first started. "Hi," Melissa said as she wiped her mouth from a bite she took from her lunch. "Why are you not in the staff room?" She questioned "I'm not the type of person to sit in the staff room and chat to people," Melissa said, which was true because she never really liked. "Oh ok," she replied walking over to her desk. "Um I am really sorry but I do have a meeting with a parent so if you wouldn't mind I need to finish my lunch before they come," Melissa said as there was another knock at the door, making her sigh. "Excuse me," Melissa said pushing her self up from her desk walking over to the door. "Oh hi, you must be." Melissa started. She said as she saw another teacher "excuses me." Melissa started "Tess" she replied "Yes Tess, if you wouldn't mind I need to have this meeting," Melissa said. "Oh, of course, there is always a spot for you in the teacher's staff room" Tess spoke. "Thank you, please come sit down," Melissa said trying to get Tess out of the room, while also telling Donavan's mum to take a seat.

"I am truly sorry if Donavan has done something" She spoke.

"Ok no, he has been fine, he is actually doing quite well" Melissa started "I have spoken to him, to see if I can speak to you and he said yes, so what I wanted to ask you if he has spoken of any interest about him doing drama?" Melissa asked Donavan's mother. "No he hasn't, my husband has always told him sport this sport that, but I have seen him doing a lot of writing in his spare time about an assignment you gave him?" She asked "Yes, well he is very talented, and my um fiancé had a look at his writing piece and he said himself he is very talented and would love to work with him someday" Melissa stated, "and your fiancés Christopher Wood?" She asked "yes" Melissa said "Well, um I think it up to Donovan and I don't want to pressure him into anything, because I want him to be his own person, but I will have a chat with my husband about it, if your fiancé says he is talented, then I will believe you" She told Melissa. "yes, well it was lovely meeting you and hopefully we can speak again about Donavan" Melissa said "Thank you so much, and yes that would be great" she said again as the two ladies got up and shook each other's hands.

Melissa's POV

It was coming to the end of the day and I had thought of a great idea, so it wouldn't look like I'm creepy with kids, I asked Chris if I could get him to come in one early morning and do a workshop with students for writing, for my drama students, it would be for 20 kids, and if more kids wanted to do it then I would allow them to come in another day, so it was fair. He thought it was a great idea so I sent out an email to all my drama students letting them know that they had to keep quiet about this since it was a secret writing workshop.

Hi students,

I have come up with an idea, for all of you who are interested, in writing whether its play, screen and script writing.

I will have a day in the morning where if you wish to come and have a secret writing session with someone very special if you wish to come along, let me know its 20 people, if more then 20 people want to come I will do it the next day or in the afternoon. Please let me know if you are interested and I will organise time with this very special person to come along, also please keep this to your self as it's only for you drama students who are very much interested in doing scriptwriting or writing a book in general.

Kind regards

Drama teacher

Melissa Benoist.

I sent it off to my students and headed home, taking my computer with me, I didn't have much to mark so I thought id leave it at school and have time with my family tonight.

When I arrived home the girls and Chris are playing a board game, I smile at the sight of it. I put my bag down and go sit down next to Chris smiling, giving each of them a hug. "What are we playing?" I ask "LIFE," Emma says. I nod, "I'm going to get dinner started," I tell Chris giving him another kiss. "Oh I ordered pizza so come join us," he told me. "ok" I replied with a smile, even though it was a school night we allowed the girls to stay up for an extra hour so we could finish the game of life.

The girls were in bed. I reading a what to expect when you expecting, while Chris was having a shower, I didn't really read this book when I had Elissa, but I wanted it to be right this time, not that it was right with Elissa. Chris came out of the shower topless with Pj pants on. "Hows the book going?" He asked me, giving me a kiss. "Yeah good" I replied putting my book down going him a kiss back. "So I sent that email to my students," I told him "Ok, well you know I am available, just let me know," he told me "I will" I replied smiling we read the book together for an hour before heading off to bed. 

There you have it :) I hope you enjoyed it, I am planning on updating a lot om the weekend since I have it free :)