Chapter 10

Melissa's POV

Today Elissa and I had an interview at Eliza and Emma's school to see if El could transfer there. "It will be fun, I've given her a good recommendation with her dancing and playing baseball, so all you and her need to do it tell them about her grades, and why you want to move there," Chris tells me. I nod, he gives me a kiss. "El babe time to go" I call out .

Elissa, Emma and Eliza come out with Elissa's hair done nicely and was wearing some of Eliza's clothes. "Wow you look very smart," I say to Elissa smiling as she smiles back. "Good Luck you will great EL" Chris tells Elissa giving her a hug which she hugs back. "Thank you" I hear her whisper back. "And so will you," he tells me giving me a Kiss. "Thank you" I reply with a smile. "Hey, you can tell that your partner's kids go here and we want them to go to the same school, ok," he tells me. I nod and smile before he gives me another kiss before we head off to the interviews.

________

Elissa's POV

Mum and I sat in the new school's reception waiting for this interview I have to have for it, apparently to Emma and Eliza, I should get in because I am really good at school and I do lot's of after-school activities.

"Miss Benoist, Elissa please come in," the lady with a nice voice said, she didn't have the ugly glasses and oversize clothes that my old receptionist did.

"Well welcome to St Clairs Elissa, how are you?" She asked me.
"Good," I said with a smile and my legs dangling over the edge of the chair.

"That's good, so I hear from Mr wood that you play with baseball with his girls? do you do any other sports," she asks me. I nod "I do dancing," I say smiling "Well that's good" she replies, "Now looking at all your transcripts you look like you kept your grades up which is what we like to see." She replies "Now one question before we go any further, you and Mr wood are together?" She asked "Yes, we sent Elissa to the school she was at for the remaining of the year and then we decided to keep them at One school, and she was also been bullied" I explain. She nodded "So Melissa, what do you do, apart from being a mother?" She asked mum. "I'm a teacher in a high school, teaching singing, music and dance" Mum explains she nods and writes it down, if you would like our high school is looking for a teacher, I shall give you an application." She told my mum. I don't think I would want my mum to work at my school as a teacher, that would just be really weird.

"So do you mind if is ask is her father in the picture?" She asks mum as I sink into the chair "He hasn't been in the picture since well he found out I was pregnant and has started to well um stalk her, turning up at her previous school, up at the girls baseball matches and he has turned up at her dance studio, we have tried to do something but with the rules I have put in place he has broken them and because he isn't on the birth certificate he has no right to see her" Mum explains. "Do you know who your father is?" She asks me "I've met him a couple of times but I don't like him and he disobeys mummy," I tell her. He nods with a reassuring smile the everything is going to be ok.

"Well Elissa in the two weeks before school starts we would love for you to come and have a tour and grab your uniform and bag, and join your sisters this coming year at St Clairs primary school, we aren't a Catholic school, but we love to bring in all ethnicities and cultures" she said with a smile making me smile too. "Thank you" I say as I jump off the chair mum easily steps off standing up shaking the ladies hand. "And you will get to meet some of the teachers and our principal." She tells us. We both nod.

As we exit the room smiling me and mummy get in the car, but I told her I want to go home and make it seem like I didn't get in and then go and get ice cream, with all of them.

Mum and I walked in the house, I walked in with my head down and a fake sad pout walking though the door, with Eliza, Emma and Chris waiting for us.
"El how did it go?" Chris asked me, I just shrugged my shoulders keeping my head down. I thought it went great, they gave me a form to till out for their performing arts teacher.

"Oh," Eliza and Emma both said hugging me.

"Yeah, I guess I'll be seeing you at school and at home," I said with my pout turning into a smile, making Emma and Eliza jump up and down squealing. I Saw Chris look at Mum, they hugged too. "Can we go out to get ice cream?" I say. "Sure let's go girls go get your hat's" he told Emma and Eliza. They ran and got their jackets while Chris gave me a hug.

_________________

Author's POV

"So I was wondering" Chris started as he rolled over to his bedside table opening it and grabbing something out. Rolling back over to face Melissa. "Since Elissa is going to the same school as Eliza and Emma, and well you guys have been staying here for most of the holidays, how would you like it if you and El move in with us, and maybe we could go public?" Chris asks Melissa. She smiled as she looked at him and kissed him. "We would love that, Oh does that mean that El can have her birthday here?" Melissa asked him. "Yep," he said smiling, "I love you so much," Melissa told him, he gave her a kiss that turned to them making out.

Morning broke and the two woke to no children running into the room waking them up. "So If you like we can start to get all your stuff today? It might be good for Elissa to be settled before she starts the new school and her birthday?" Chris suggested "Umm I like your idea, but I think it would be good to tell the girls first" Melissa explained. "Umm I like your idea," Chris said giving her a kiss. The two decided to get up and make a surprise breakfast for the girls two announce the news to the girls, and to see if they would help Melissa and El move house.

The headed out into the kitchen and started to cook their girls breakfast, pancakes maple bacon and eggs, the girls favourite breakfast and that usually was for something special. As the bacon fried and the eggs sizzled as well as the pancakes cooked the smell went down to the girl's room as the left the door open to the hallway so it would bring the girls out of the room to the kitchen, to give them the amazing news.

It wasn't until everything was finished three girls came out together rubbing their eyes of sleep and once they saw what was on the table their eyes and bodies became awake and they ran to the table, the two adults joined them which is when Emma realised this wasn't their usual breakfast.

"What's the catch?" Emma asked.

"Nothing" Melissa and Chris both said with a smile "We just want you guys to have a big breakfast before we start doing a few things today, we have a big day planned" Melissa started. The girls continued to eat, as Melissa and Chris looked at the children and decided when they should break the news. "Oh come on dad" Eliza has becoming fed up with the fact that her father was definitely hiding something.

"Ok, fine," Chris started as he got all of the girl's attention. "So we all know that Elissa is going to your school and that Mel and she have basically spent the whole summer her" Chris started "So, how would you like it girls and Elissa if we moved in with you guys?" Melissa asked the girls and Elissa. The girls looked at each other and started to squeal, running up to their parents and hugging them both, making Melissa and Chris smile. "Really, we're going to move in here?" Elissa asks her mum. Melissa nods. "Now there is another thing. Melissa and I are going to go public with our relationship, and we want you girls to know especially you El, is that you may get a little more attention, then you usually would" Chris explains. "Why?" Elissa asks. "You know how I write books?" He asked her she nodded, "Well my next book is coming out right after summer holiday maybe three weeks into the school term which means that I'll be travelling and people may ask you all questions ok" He explains to all the girls mainly Elissa, she nods knowing that her mother would tell her later.

Once they all finished their food, Melissa and Elissa headed home so they could start packing and seeing what they could give away and then Melissa would consult with Chris what would they need back at their house, while Emma and Eliza got ready as did Chris after cleaning up breakfast.

________

Melissa and El have a shower and get ready dressing up similar since El wanted to do that putting on their overalls and doing their hair in a braid. Once they were all dresses and braided up. Melissa was stumped, she didn't have any boxes and had no Idea where to start, so she decided to start with their rooms and clothes packing them in suitcases, or with anything they could until Chris got to her house.