Chapter 57

As dinner was being served and everyone is enjoying their time,  Melissa and Chris have their hands held tightly intertwined, and they watched their kids being fed by their parents, even though there was three of them, their attempts to feed them was funny to both Melissa and Chris. Chuckled as their food came to the table they, unhold their hands and ate their dinner.

Emma, Eliza and Elissa got up, going over to the front, "if we could have your attention, Eliza, Elissa and I would like to say a few things about mum and dad." Emma started. "Melissa, you may not be our biological mother, but your what a mum is, caring, loving and always there, as well as doing mother-daughter things with us girls" Eliza continued. "Chris, even my biological father, is still in my life, you are one of the best dads you love, I care for me and are always there for me and my brothers and sisters. I couldn't ask for a better dad; I love that we are writing together and I now have a dad that can watch and play softball with us." Elissa said "Mum and dad, we love you so much and you have taught us so much that a blended family is filled with love, and there are many ways to love even when we aren't biologically related. I remember on two separate occasions that you have both said to all of us that love is family, a family is a love." Emma said, smiling. "Thank you for being amazing parents," they all said in unison. Melissa and Chris got up walking up to their girls picking Mason, Tristan and Charlie up on their way to the girls, going them all a big hug. Melissa was almost in tears, going them all a hug. "Thank you, girl. And thank you, everyone, for turning up to this special day. It means a lot that you all came and helped us celebrate us, though for us it was more for all of us to be on big family" Melissa said smiling "Thank you, now everyone enjoy your night thank you" Chris said smiling, as they walked their kids back to the table, and continued to eat their dinner.

After the first course is served, Melissa and Chris got up and went around to doing some of the tables to all say thank you, to all of their guests, even though Chris and Melissa we quite well have known they had a small, intimate ceremony and reception. After then went round to all 20 tables they returned to their seats for the main course.

The pair decided that the guest could choose their open deserts, the guest could also determine where they could sit where ever they wanted, they could stand.

The pair wanted to do their first dance, and Melissa wanted to through her bouquet of flowers.

Their MC announced that Melissa and her father were going to have their 'last dance' together and Melissa and Chris have their 'first dance' to a mixture of photograph and thinking out loud, as a married couple.

As Melissa and her dad danced, Chris danced with his daughters and soon took over from her father to dance with his wife. As they danced together, Chris held her tight, wrapping his arms around her waist, pulling her close as the pair leaned into each other. "Do you think anyone has noticed?" He asked Melissa; she smiled whispering back "No" after the couple had their first dance, the MC asked everyone to join them onto the dance floor, for a more upbeat dance.

For the rest of the night, their friends and family danced and had fun Chris's mum took all six kids home early while the party went, till well 12am, everyone saw the couple off and went on home or went on partying to the nearest club.