Chapter 19

Today was the girls first day of year 3, Elissa's first day at St. Clairs, and Melissa's first day at St. Clair's middle and senior school.

"Ok girls, can we get a photo of you all, please," Chris asked. The looked at each other. "Dad was not in kindy," Emma said, "I know sweetheart, but its El's first day and I want a photo of you all on her first day" Chris explained. "Please," Elissa asked "Ok," Emma said the all smiled Chris took some photo's with Elissa, Emma and Eliza, he also took some of Elissa and Melissa as she did with Chris, Eliza and Emma.

Chris said that he would drive, dropping them off and picking them all up. Making it easier for Melissa so she could relax on her first day, and St Clairs Middle and senior school. "Ok girls lets go in the car," Melissa says. As she grabs her bag and starts to walk out. Chris helps the girls with their bags since they are so heavy, and puts them in the boot of the car.

____________

They two adults walk into the junior school grounds. "Ok girls, have fun, and take care of Elissa ok," Chris told the three girls. They all nod. "Girls remember I'm in the middle and senior school," Melissa told the three girls. They nod again. They walked into the classroom. "Hello Eliza and Emma, how are you?" Their teacher said who knew them from last year. "Hi, Mrs Collins" they both said. "And who is this?" She asked "Our new sister Elissa," Eliza said smiling, "Oh our new student," Mrs Collins said, "Hello Elissa, I'm Mrs Collins how are you?" She asked Elissa "Good," she said smiling "Hello Mr Wood," Mrs Collins said "Hi Mrs Collins, I'm Miss Benoist Elissa's mother," Melissa said "Oh well hello, um come in and meet our parents. "Oh, I have to go off to work Girls see you this afternoon ok," Melissa told the girls as they all hung her. "Oh well ok," Mrs Collins said as the girls go into the classroom.

Melissa and Chris head outside the door as Chris drives her up to the middle and senior school gate. "I'll see you this afternoon, ok, good luck," he says to Melissa giving her a peck on the lips. "Love you," she said with a smile. "Love you too" he replied right before she closed the door.

______________

Emma and Eliza showed Elissa where everything was in the school before the bell rang and they had to be in class. Once the Bell rang they raced into the classroom and sat on the mat before they were to sit at their desks. "So everyone welcome to year 3, we also have a new student Elissa Benoist, joining us," Mrs Collins told the year 3 class. Elissa shyly waved "Come up here Elissa and tell us about your self," Mrs Collins said she got up, in the front of the class. "Um I'm Elissa and I do dancing and Play baseball" she said smiling "Ok well I hope you all welcome her, now I have already played the desks out for the term, now, Emma and Eliza, you will be separated but I have put Elissa with one of you so she feels a little more comfortable" Mrs Collins spoke to the year three class. Mrs Collins gave everyone their seats and Emma helped Elissa getting everything ready, Eliza was the ground of tables behind Emma and Eliza so they could really still talk.

After morning tea came round Elissa became a little more comfortable but still stuck with them, Emma told her that she played baseball with the boys, at lunchtime, which she was happy about.

__________________

"So Melissa welcome to St. Clairs upper school, you will have your own office which is also your classroom, our students are very hard workers, we have a few that will definitely push buttons, but I'm sure you will be fine. We have a lot of teachers that have been music teachers but having you as a performing arts teacher is amazing cutting down on a budget and having someone that can do it all is great." The principal said as they walked towards the classroom. The two walked towards the classroom where they heard students loud voices. The principal opened the door making it click and Melissa heard the students knocking desks making her laugh. "Good morning students welcome to your first day I hope you all have a good summer break. This is our new performing arts teacher Miss Benoist. Miss Benoist this is one of your 6 middle school classes, you have 3 senior classes, throughout the week." The principal said you have an assistant with you for the first three weeks getting you caught up so you can ask her any questions." The principal explained to Melissa, she nodded.

"Well good morning, so before I hand out the outline I would all like to get to know you, so can we go around and say your name, I won't get it today or tomorrow with the amount of students I have but by the end of the week I will do my best to know your names" all the students went around and told their name with Melissa and said why they wanted to do performing arts.

"So from what you have all said, and why you want me to do performing arts, you all remind me of me when I was your age, high school, I went on to college, to do performing arts, TV, singing and dancing. My daughter is a dancer and singer, she also loves to play Baseball, so some advice that I gave my daughter, is don't put all your energy into this performing art's, its hard work, but have other hobbies, because I will know who in here will go far and who may need to change your major when you go into senior school" Melissa started "Now, does anyone have any questions for me" Melissa asked, no one put up their hands. "alright, if you need any help my door is open" she tells the class.

As the day went on Melissa basically did the same thing she did in her first class of the day, she had two free periods in a row, one before morning tea and one after which meant that she was able to get a small part of the curriculum in her mind, though she would defiantly be having night staying up late getting it in her brain.

As the last bell rang of the school day, her first senior class got up, "remember your first assignment on a plot for your own TV Show or fan fiction, you don't have to do it but it will give you extra credit, your dismissed" Melissa told her senior class.

Once everyone left she packed up all her things not realising that she had to carry a lot of things down to the Junior school to collect her daughters. As she was walking out of the school on of her students came up to her "Miss Benoist" the young student Called out Melissa turned around, "Ash, hi how can I help you?" She asked one of her students. "Um, can I schedule an appointment with you tomorrow" Ash her student asked "Of course, come into school tomorrow I will be in early and we can organise a time," Melissa told her student. "Thank you" he replied.

_______________

Melissa's POV

I rushed to the girl's classroom. "I am so sorry I'm late," Melissa said as she ran into the classroom. "No worries Melissa, we do have an after school program if you are interested," Mrs Collins said "Oh yes, Chris and My self are putting the girls in there the week after next, he is caught up at the cafe, but will be here any minute," Melissa told Mrs Collins. "Ok no worries, girls have a good afternoon, see you tomorrow," Mrs Collins told the girls "Thank you, come on girls," Melissa said as the girls gapped their bags and headed out to the front of the school where Chris had just pulled up. 

Hope you're enjoying this so far, please comment on what you think or should happen.