Chapter 64

Authors POV

 Three years later

Over the last three years since Felix was born, Melissa didn't quit teaching. She decided on being a substitute teacher for drama, dance and singing since all her students loved her, but she also tutored, as all her students loved her. She loved being the stay at home mum, watching and looking after her family. 

One of Chris's books became very popular and noticed by filmmakers. Many films companies wanted to make his book into a movie, of course, he had to ask Melisa about this, and she was thrilled, she had no other words then yes. 

It took a year and a half and a book later the second film was in the process of pre-production, with Donovan as Chris's intern and co-writer of the book. 

Today was the premiere of the film of the first book. Melissa and Chris decided that it would also be great for the family to go to the premiere together, allowing the children to see what it is like on a red carpet, instead of staying at home, and letting their parent have all the fun.  

"Kids come downstairs please" Chris yelled as Melissa cradled Felix. Emma, Eliza and Emma came down with Tristan, Mason and Charlie.

I don't understand why I couldn't bring Brady" Eliza asked "Liz you are 13 and I don't want anyone thinking that he is your boyfriend," Chris said as he got everything ready. "But he is," she said "really well then I would like him to come to oversee we can have a chat," Chris said as Melissa chuckled "Mum," she asked Melissa. "Sorry, Liz, you're dads right. We need to meet him, that's the same for all of you" Melissa said to all the girls, including Charlie, who giggled. Since the girls started high school, they had gotten into a boy; they were still close but not like when they were nine years old. They were in all the same classes and would sit together at lunch, though they all still had their group of friends who occasionally sat together. 

"Umm Charlie don't laugh you will be next," Melissa said, sweet-talked her youngest daughters hair. "Ok remember paparazzi photographers will be there, they will try and ask you girls questions. Don't answer them, we have told the media not to confront you if they do look at us and we will tell you if you can answer with a simple nod. Stay close. Charlie, mason and Tristan stay with you older sisters, Felix will be with Melissa. If you get lost contact our limo driver he will bring you to your mother and me, and he will stay with you and help you find us" Chris said as a final breif from last nights and this morning talk. 

The family walked out to the Limo, to take them to Chris's books movie premier. 

----------------

As the limo pulled up in front the cinema "Ok, so I'm going to get out first, then Melissa will get out with Felix, girls will get out with your brothers and sister." Chris explained to his kids. They nodded. The driver opened the door, making Tristan, mason and Charlie scared, from the flashlight from the paparazzi, want to know who it could be. Making Elissa, Eliza and Emma worried, though they look after their younger siblings. Felix hid his head into Melissa's neck, form the bright flashing lights.

The family all walked the red carpet getting photos taken. The older girls all had individuals photos. The family also had a few images taken, with everyone together.  

As per the discussion they had three times one more time in the limo, the girls were not allowed to answer questions. They also told their family publicist to let all the paparazzi know that there were not allowed to ask or confront their children. The family stopped in front of a few new reporters. "Mr wood, how did you find out that your book will be turned into a film." The entertainment news reporter asked. "My publicist came over and told myself and my family together," Chris said with a smile. Melissa, their girls and boys, smiled. "How do you feel about your daddy's book turned into a live-action movie," she asked the three girls who raised an eye brown, looking up at their mother and father. "We think it's great, and our dad has worked so hard to get to this far." Elissa said "Now you girls haven't read this book have you, it seems a little too old for you," she asked again. "We have read it," Elissa said, smiling cheekily. the entertainment reported nodded, shocked. "So Melissa, your husband has worked so hard, how has this changed your life," she asked. 'Thank god they didn't ask about who I was wearing' she thought to herself "Nothing has changed, I still work as a substitute teacher and as a full-time mother." Melissa stated with a smile. "Girls do you think you will be able to watch the movie?" She asked. They looked up at their parents again, knowing that it would be best for them to answer this question. These three girls at 12 going on thirteen, so we have allowed them to watch the movie with us there, as for our youngest, they won't be watching it for a long time" Chris stated.

"thank you so much" Chris finished as he could see, that Mason, Tristan and Charlie as well as Felix were starting to fidget and wanted to go inside.

When they got inside, Melissa sat down near where chis were giving interviews so all the kids could sit down. She was tired, but she was so happy for her husband that she didn't care, he knew that melissa was tired, it made him happy that she does it for him. 

"Mr Wood, when you were coming up with the idea of the book were you going out with someone" the interviewer asked.

 Melissa and Chris talked about possible questions and answers that might come up, and Melissa and Chris agreed to be honest, which meant Chris and Melissa had to let each other know if they had any past relationships. Chris replied to the question saying that he was going out with Melissa at the time, but didn't intend on it being such a big book, that it is today.

"Mr, Wood" anther interviewer started "Please call me Chris" he explained all the interviewers nodded "How has your IDONTMIND campaign affect your kids?" One of the interviews asked. "It has opened their eyes, particularly to my older girls. They started high school, and it helped them to speak up if they need some help. More importantly, to talk, they have also been apart of it so they can reach out to their peers if they want help and don't want to go to a professional.

As his questions finished, Chris went back over to a sleeping Felix in Melissa's arms. Mason, Tristan and Charlie we resting in Emma, Eliza and Elissa's Laps, the mother and children look content, as they watched their father answer the questions. 

Melissa couldn't believe this was her life now, they met down at the park and bonded over their children, and their life ended up like this, she thought it would happen in movies, but it was real life. She enjoyed it. 

Chris sat down next to his kids, which his triplets cuddled up next to him already tired. Melissa and Chris arranged their parents to come to pick them up and take them back home in an hour so they could experience everything involving what this father does.

"Melissa, Chris" a male voice shouted Mason, and Tristan perked their head up as did Elissa and Emma's seeing Donavan walking towards them. The four ran up to him giving him a hug, Mason and Tristan loved him. He gave all a hug and walked them back to their parents. When he would look after them, he would always allow Mason and Tristan to tackle him, as for Emma and Elissa and sometimes charlie he would give them advice on how to dress, and how to present to boys. They all knew that he was gay, which made Emma and Elissa disappointed. All three older girls had gotten into boys.but to much older, he will be graduating very soon and has already got a job with Chris writing as well as with his IDONTMIND campaign where he will help the younger kids at school with bullying, stress and depression.

"Hey Mr and Mrs Wood" he said as he placed the two boys back on the couch which is how they jumped on him causing Donavan to grunt, but chuckle. "Hi Donavan, boys off him please we are not at home, and Donavan please you can call us by our names," Melissa said as she gave him a hug, as did Chris. 

"Hey Donavan, our parents should be here soon, so we can go in," Chris replied, pulling away from their hug. Yes, even though yes he was one of Melissa's students, his mother permitted them to give him these opportunities as did the school.