Chapter 18

Hey guys sorry for the long wait I have been packing up and moving boxes as well as working !!! boy its a hard life being an adult. anyways hopefully this week I will have a bit of time to write an update since school is back and will working less. 

Melissa's POV

After a long day yesterday, we all had a slow morning, once we were all awake the girls we all went out to our local stationery and book store so we could get all the girls stationary and books they will need for the school year. "So girls book covers two each ok, and then we will get pencils, and coloured textas and pencils, and you can get pencils to case each," I tell the girls looking back at them while Chris drives. They nodded. Once we got there the girls got out with us and each got a rolling basket, with Chris and I behind them as they all rolled around showing Chris and me what they were putting in their basket, we nodded in approval, at what they were getting. In the end, their baskets were all plus an extra basket with extra items in case they loose any of their school supplies. "Ok, girls lets have a look, at what you all have and if you need anything else," Chris said, "Oh what about a homework folder?" Elissa asked "Ok" I replied as she walked with the girls to choose a folder, They all chose a different colour, as they all had a colour scheme they wanted to follow, surprisingly they didn't have any feature character they wanted to have on their books, their covers were dogs, pop-a-dots and flamingos is the thing according to the girls.

We stood in line as the girls looked at each other's baskets on what they could share even though they each got their own bag of stationary. "Next," the lady said at the end of the cash desk, waiting for her next customer. "Go, girls, all together," I tell them as they all walk proudly towards the older lady. "Hi" Eliza said excited she didn't say a word. "Hi, we are doing this all together" I tell her. She looks at me. "Ok" is all she said. As the girls started to pack the desk with all their items. "Woohoo hold on, I need to finish these otherwise they will fall off," she said to Emma who stood there. She looked at me. "It's ok Em, just wait ok," I tell her as I play with her hair. "What's wrong?" Chris asked as he came up behind me. I told him whispering it to him, he nodded "You can load the rest of your stuff up now" she told Emma. She looked at me and Chris. Chris decided to do it. "Um babe, I'll pay for El's," I tell him. "It's all good," he says "Nope, you're helping me pay for her school fees please," I tell him, he sighs. "Great thanks," I tell him with a smile knowing that I won this round. "Oh we need one of those label makers I'll be right back," I say walking out going to find the label maker. By the time she got back Elissa, was loading al her items up onto the bench, "Ok here" I say smiling handing it to the lady, "Sorry you must hate this time, I know cause I'm a teacher" I say trying to make conversations she just nod's. Once she finishes scanning mine and Elissa things which included some of my things that I would need for work, "So that comes to $200" she tells me, I nod and smile, pulling out my card, and scanning it. "Its declined" she tells me. "Um ok try it again" I say "Declined do you have another card?" She asked "Um no, lets me see two minutes" as I log into my into my account. "Your holding up the line, I can put it on hold until the end of the day" she tells me. Elissa looks up at me, it would come to this and she would have the basic stationary. "Mel, please" Chris says as he scans his card entering the code in, I look down. "Thank you, El baby, get your things" "Thank you," I say as we walk out of the story and head to the mall to get a few extra things for the girls. "I feel so embarrassed" I tell Chris "Its ok, now should we get the rest of the girls things?" He asked me. "Sure" I say once we hop in the car, I go into my account to see money has been removed. "Oh that bastard" I say out loud, then looking at Chris and the girls "Sorry girls, you didn't hear that" I say. They nod giggling. "If I hear that word come out of your moths, your in big trouble" Chris tells them "Including you El" I say. The nod knowing that we are been serious. "What's wrong?" He asked me "Umm I think someone took money out of my account and has gone on a spree," I say quietly so the girls don't hear what we are saying. I see Chris sigh, we will deal with it when we get home, maybe just send him a quick text" he suggested. I nod, thinking it was a good idea. "Hi Blake, I went to pay for Elissa's School supplies and my card was declined, and was wondering if you still had access to my accounts, not accusing you of anything just wondering cause I check my accounts and there was nothing in there, Melissa" I texted Blake I hope he doesn't take that into offence.

Once we arrive at the shops the girls get out and we head straight to target so the girls could get their lunchboxes and a few other things we couldn't find at the stationary store.

As we were walking through my phone started to ring and I saw it was Blake. "Blake hi," I say. "Hi Melissa, um I just wanted to let you know I didn't take any money out and I don't have access to your accounts, is everything ok?" He asked me sincerely "Um yeah, ok, thank you, well I don't have any money in my accounts" I tell him "Oh ok, um while I have you on the phone can we make a time for us to meet, I feel like we should work this out without lawyers, and I want to prove to you I have changed" Blake tells me. I sigh. "Ok um well I have tomorrow off why don't you come round while I'm at home and we go from there," I tell him "Ok, thank you, Mel," he tells me. "Is 10 am fine?" I ask "Sure, see you then" he replies I hang up the phone and go to Chris and tell him everything, hopefully, it will all be good with it all.

________________

Authors POV

The girls ran past their parents into the living room plopping all their bags of goodies they got for school, "Girls make sure you don't muddle them up ok" Kara called out as they ran into there to get their bags.

"So he's coming over, tomorrow?" Chris asked Melissa "Yeah is that ok?" Melissa asked him "Yeah, in some ways I think he really wants to try, and In some ways I feel the same about Hanna" Chris told Melissa they both nod, "Maybe it would be a good idea if we have them over for dinner, if the Blake situation goes well" He tells me. "Yeah, but it would be when you get back from your book tour" Melissa explains "Obviously," Melissa said with a smile giving Chris peck on the lips. "I'm glad we are on the same page," Melissa told him pulling away. "Yeah, Oh um when I go away we need to book the girl into after-school care, in case you get held up?" Chris told Melissa. "Um ok, can help me, cause El would just stay at school," Melissa told Chris. "Sure, we can do that tonight, when the girls go to bed," Chris said. Melissa nod's in agreement.

Chris said that he needed to go into the Ice cream cafe to do a few things giving Melissa and the girls time to get all their books, and stationary done for the school year.

Melissa would type their names out and put a symbol they each chose at the end of their name and print it so the girls could place it on their stationery, now there was a lot because she decided to do it on all the pencils and texta's, they had, as well as the basics glue, scissors, rulers, etc. Since the girls were slow at putting them on each of their stationery items and they knew how to use the label maker, she was able to do their books, not messing them up, thankfully because if asked Eliza she would freak if there was a mistake, in her book coverings. Emma on the others hand didn't mind as did Elissa, So Melissa decided to to Elissa's first so she could get it down packed for Emma's and of course Eliza's.

It took a good two hours to finish all their books that needed to be covered with a few short breaks in-between. "Ok girls pack it all in your bags and leave you lunch boxes out as well as your drink bottles, and you can go do what you want," Melissa told the girls as she sighed and went to get all her items that needed to be done ready for the start of school term.

________________

Once the girls were in bed Melissa and Chris sat down on the couch, looking at Chris laptop where they would get their children enrolled into the before and after school care at St. Clairs. "So Elissa doesn't have any allergies?" Chris asked "Not that I know of no" Melissa said "Alright, neither does Emma or Eliza, so they are fine, now contact, you are the primary contact for Emma and Eliza as, as I will be for Elissa, so we can pick them up, either of us, so once you finish work you can pick them up, and we don't need them for the first week, just the third week, but we can put them in the morning of the afternoon, or the night before the morning." Chris explained as he showed her how to book the girls in. "And we are done, now you just need a code" Chris explained. "Ok, Ummm," Melissa said she thought of a code for the signing in and out of the girls. 

Ok there you go I will probably update another one soon because i may not have internet for a while but ill fo the best I can to edit and publish on my phone :)