Four

"Hurry up!" Amie wrapped her fingers around the backrest of the front seat.
"We're already there," Sam said, calmer than he should. He stopped the car and they all left the car. "You stay out here," he added, walking up to the trunk and pulling out one of the angel blades. He went inside the Ellerbees' house. Immediately, he was greeted by a bloodstained wooden floor and a high-pitched scream.
He followed the trail and the noises until he was greeted by Amie's parents. Mona was lying on the ground, several wounds on her body. Stephen was towering over her with a large kitchen knife. Mona's eyes left off of her husband and met Sam's.
"Mr. Campbell," she cried out. "Help me!"
Stephen turned around to the hunter, eyes black like ink. "Campbell?" he repeated. "That the name you go by now, Winchester?"
"Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus," Sam started saying, making a few steps towards them.
"We're not playing that way," Stephen, or the demon possessing him, said. He turned the shining blade towards his torso and rammed the knife into his body.
"No!" Mona cried out, rising from the floor, now sitting.
The demon laughed. "If you exorcize me now, he dies.
Sam remained silent. "Omnis satanica potestas." He didn't need to finish. Black smoke came out of Stephen's mouth until he dropped to the ground next to his wife. Mona leaned over him, her left hand pressing on the wound, her right hand feeling for a pulse.
"Mona, I'm sorry," Sam said, kneeling beside her.
"Is he...," she cried. "He's dead." More tears streamed down her cheeks, her now bloody hand covered her mouth. She let herself sink against Sam who wrapped an arm around her, trying his best to comfort her.
"Mom?" A female voice came from where the door was. "Mom, are you-" Amie stopped herself when she entered the room, letting out a loud scream. Serah followed upon hearing, watching in shock as she let Amie into her arms. The blonde tried hard not to look. Serah watched the mess on the floor, which was gone with a flick of her wrist. Mona didn't seem to care, but Amie watched her confused. "What..."
"We maybe need to explain," Sam mumbled, his arms now fully wrapped around Mona who was sobbing against his chest.
Amie took a step back from Serah, watching her with a mixture of fear and confusion. "How did you do that?"
Serah sighed. "I'm not human. Not fully." She put her hands in her pockets. "My mom is an archangel, and is now my dad, but is also dead."
"You're... half archangel?" Amie asked.
"Yeah."
"And her father, Gabriel, sent her to me. He was a friend. I met him because my brother and I hunt monsters and demons," Sam further explained.
Amie watched them. "Monsters are real?" she asked.
"If you can imagine it, it probably exists," Sam answered.
"That's terrifying."
Serah chuckled. "Yeah, now imagine every angel in heaven keeping an eye out for you 'cause they want you dead."
Amie remained silent. "Yeah," she finally said. "I don't know if you need to go to the loony bin, or if I do."
"Neither," Sam replied. "I'm not sure if you're safe in here. Maybe this demon was just randomly creating chaos, but maybe not."
Serah tapped her foot on the floor. "Let's just go."
Sam nodded, his arms still wrapped around Mona. She wouldn't calm down in the next time, so he just carefully helped her on her feet and led the way to the car. He opened the door to the passenger seat and helped her in.
"Mona," he said. "I'm really sorry for what happened. I tried to help."
Mona didn't answer. I looked like she wanted to, but she simply nodded, letting the tears stream down her face.
Serah and Amie had followed, as well. They got into the backseat, neither of them looking that happy. "That's gonna be a long three hours," Serah mumbled under her breath.
"Three hours?!" Amie repeated in shock.
"Yup. We're going to Kansas." Serah leaned against the window and pulled out her phone with a pair of headphones.
Sam got in the driver's seat. "No arguing back there, alright?" Serah was right. This would be a long three hours. Amie and Serah both quietly listened to music, but Mona was still crying. Sam wasn't mad at that. She just lost her husband and nearly died. Everyone would be upset about this. He wished anyone was there with him. He missed Dean.
It felt wrong to be driving the Impala without Dean. It felt wrong to drive at all. It was Dean's baby. Admittedly, Dean would probably take over control the second he saw anything happen to his baby, but this was not worth dying for.
As soon as they would arrive home, Sam would have to call Rowena. Maybe she could find something in the Book of the Damned. He had already sent out Ketch to find the hyperbolic pulse generator, their best chance.
They needed Dean back. They need Michael gone.
On the other hand, they would also need to figure out the Empty. More precisely, how to get in there. You could get into heaven, hell and purgatory, so there must be a way into the Empty. Every angel that ever helped them would help them again, right? Balthazar, Samandriel, Gabriel. If Gabriel was actually dead. Maybe he was just in Monte Carlo again, getting around with porn stars. Or maybe he got himself in trouble again. Maybe he's rotting in hell again. Or he actually died.
Thinking of it, Sam didn't know which was the worst option. While he didn't know that, he knew which option was the least likely. A feeling overcame Sam that he would know if Gabriel was in trouble again.