Eight

"So, we talked about this," Sam repeated himself as he parked the car.
"Yeah, yeah, I won't get myself into danger."
Sam had told her to be careful the entire drive since Cas and Jack stayed in the bunker.
She left the car and approached the hospital where Dean's phone supposedly was. Together, they went inside. Sam walked up to the receptionist.
"Good day, my name is Sam Campbell. I've been looking for my brother Dean Campbell. Is there any chance you've seen him?"
The receptionist watched him. "Can I see your ID?"
Sam handed her an ID Serah assumed was fake.
"Your brother was here," the receptionist finally said as she gave back the ID. "He's not here anymore. He had a stab wound in his arm. Nothing too serious, but he would tell us how he got it."
Sam looked over his shoulder. "Have you maybe found his phone around here?"
The receptionist turned around and rummaged in a box just to pull out a black smartphone.
"That's it. Can I have it?"
She handed Sam the phone. Immediately, Sam unlocked it and was greeted by a note.
Serah looked over his shoulder to read the message.
Did you really think it was this easy to track me down? Good luck with the Nephilim, Sam.
Serah furrowed her brows. "Does he mean Jack? Did something happen?" she asked.
"I don't know," Sam admitted. "But maybe he knows about you. And that would be bad news." He thanked the receptionist and walked towards the exit. Serah swiftly followed.
"Sam, wait. I'm screwed. What if Michael doing this to me? What if he knows where we are?"
"He does," Sam said dryly. "He's in Dean's head. He knows exactly where we are." He got into the car, Serah did the same. Her palms were moist and her lip was red from her chewing on it.
"Yesterday you wanted to face him," Sam reminded her. "And you're right. You're strong. Maybe stronger than him." He started the engine and drove off the parking lot.
"I have no doubt that I could defeat him. I mean, it'd be a fair fight. But he could hurt you and the others. I won't let that happen, okay? It's just not gonna happen."
Sam sighed softly. For a moment there was silence until Sam's phone broke it. He was about to pick up and when Serah snatched it out of his hand. "Focus on the road," she mumbled while picking up, turning on the speakers. "Hi Cas, you're on speaker."
"Are you two okay?" Cas immediately asked.
"More or less," Serah replied. "Uhm, Michael wasn't there, only his phone. And he probably knows about me. He most likely gave me those black-outs."
Cas made some noises on the other line. "I don't think it's him," Cas said.
"Why?" Serah asked.
"Uhm..." Cas didn't reply for a moment. "Just a feeling."
Serah looked over to Sam, suspicion spread between the two.
"A feeling?" Sam asked. His gaze shifted to Serah for a second. "Cas, do you know anything we don't?"
"We may have found another lead on Michael."
Serah pulled up an eyebrow and opened the notes on the phone. Cas told them an address which Serah first noted down, then looked up. "Cas, are you sure? This is a four-hour drive from here."
"I think you should check this out," Cas insisted.
Sam nodded. "Fine. We'll stop by the Bunker, get a refreshment and head there."
"No."
Serah watched the phone. "No?" Serah asked. "What do you mean 'No'?"
Sam shared Serah's confusion. "Cas, are you alright? Are you in danger?"
"Well, he couldn't tell you if he was, Sam," Serah said.
Cas sighed. "I'm fine. Jack is fine. Everything is okay. Just go check this out, please."
Sam watched Serah. "Okay. We'll do that." He grabbed the phone out of Serah's hand and ended the phone call. Silently he stuffed his phone into his jacket and continued to drive.
"We're not actually driving there, are we?"
Sam shook his head. "Nope, we're heading straight to the bunker, 'cause if he isn't in danger, he's hiding something."
Serah leaned her head on her hand. "What could he be binding, though? A secret love affair?"
Sam scoffed. "I don't think so."
Silence settled in. Not an awkward silence, just a comfortable lack of conversation. Sam focused on not killing them, and Serah sunk into her thoughts.
If Michael knew, and he made her blackout... She was in big trouble.
Silently, she reached for her phone.
"Hey Nate, what's up," Serah typed.
"Heya Serah"
"That rhymed"
"It did"
Serah immediately felt better. They texted for a long time about complete nonsense until they arrived at the bunker. Sam basically jumped out of the car, they almost ran to the door. Just before Serah could open the door, Sam grabbed her wrist, then got out a gun and motioned her to be silent.
Slowly he opened the door and entered, Serah following. To say the least, the bunker was a horrible mess. Everything was in its place, but the entire place was splattered in what looked like thick ink.
Sam tensed up. "Cas?" he asked in a loud voice. "Jack? Clark?" They descended the staircase.
"Mona? Amie?" Serah asked in the same voice. Sam lowered his gun.
"So Cas was in danger," Serah sighed. "Why wouldn't he let us help?"
Sam didn't reply. He approached the hallway. "Serah, check this out."
She followed him, finally getting what caught his attention. Across the wall, written in large, black, inky letters it said "GIVE HIM BACK!"