Seventeen

Sam covered his face. "Both of them are assholes. I don't even know why I'm so upset."
Cas put his hand on his shoulder. Sam dried the tears forming in his eyes. "This is childish."
"Showing emotion isn't childish," Cas reassured him.
"Yeah," Sam agreed. "I mean, yeah. I don't mean that." He lifted himself from the chair. "It's childish that I run away instead of talking to them."
"You can still go back."
Sam watched his best friend. "I can," he agreed. "I should. I'm gonna." Sam nodded to himself and then walked back to his room.
Voices came from inside of the room. Sam didn't want to walk in on them arguing. It didn't sound like they were yelling, but what else would they be talking about. With a deep breath, Sam opened the door. He was expecting everything. Yelling, screaming, flying furniture, but no.
Gabriel sat on the bed cross-legged, Dean stood with his back to the door and Serah sat on the bed as well, facing her uncle. She was the first to notice Sam.
"Hey," she smiled. "Are feeling better?"
Sam was overwhelmed with a calm atmosphere. "I, uhm, I guess." He glanced at the others. "Are you guys... talking?"
Dean looked over his shoulder and sighed. "I guess Gabriel and I have more in common than we thought."
"And that is?"
"An unhealthy obsession with you," Serah commented. Both Dean and Gabriel gave her a warning look.
"We care about you," Dean said. "A lot."
Sam let his eyes wander down, avoiding eye contact. He still felt like an idiot for just walking away.
"Sam." Gabriel got up from the bed. "Dean and I get along. If we don't do it because we actually like each other, we would do it for you."
Sam smiled faintly. "Thank you, Gabe."
Gabriel smiled back and pressed a short kiss on Sam's lips. The hunter's cheeks heated up and his smile grew. He glanced over to his brother and cleared his throat. "Sorry," he mumbled.
"I didn't say anything," Dean replied. "And I'm not going to."
Serah got up and walked up to them, then she wrapped her arms around her taller dad's neck. "You deserve love," she smiled. "You deserve love and kisses."
Sam chuckled and hugged her. Somehow, he felt dumb for not realizing they were related. Serah had Sam's hazel eyes and their hair was the exact same shade of brown. Sure, lots of people had brown hair and hazel eyes, but now that he knew, it just felt so obvious. She didn't look anything like Gabriel, though. Probably, she looked like his female vessel.
With a wide smile, Serah stepped back. "It's getting late. I should go to bed."
"You should," Gabriel agreed. He grabbed her face and kissed her forehead. "I love you, sweetheart."
"I love you too, Dad." With kisses on their cheek, she disappeared.
"I'm gonna leave you two alone," Dean added and left the room as well, closing the door behind him.
Gabriel leaned against Sam's chest. "I shouldn't have..."
"It happened," Sam interrupted. "It happened and it was fine." He pressed a soft kiss on Gabriel's forehead. "Relax."
Gabe nodded. "So you let our daughter go without any adult supervision?"
Sam sighed and watched down. "What was I supposed to say? Dean was there."
With a smile, Gabe pressed a kiss on his cheek. "You should sleep. And tomorrow we can go back to normal. Normal bunker, normal Dean, normal hunting business." He unbuttoned Sam's shirt and stripped it off of him. Then he pushed Sam down on the bed.
"You think things are just going back to normal?"
Gabe nodded and with a snap of his fingers, he wore clothes Sam recognized as his own. The archangel climbed on the bed and cuddled on Sam's chest. "We won't change anything just because we are a thing now. Unless you want to."
Sam crossed his arms behind his head. "Not really. I mean, nothing that would change because of us being... something."
"What do you wanna change?"
Sam shrugged. "I guess a family life would be nice. Seeing my parents alive and not obsessed with revenge." He sighed.
For a moment there was silence. Then, a loud scream made them jump up. They ran outside, trying to find whoever was screaming. It must have been a girl, according to Sam. Sam immediately went to Serah's room. When he opened the door, his daughter was pressed against the wall, the angel blade stretched out towards the woman standing on the other side of the room.
"Dad, she-... she just..." Serah inched closer to Sam. Soon enough, Gabriel stood beside them. His eyes wander to the woman. "Dumah?"
The woman made a step towards them. "Try again." Black inky goo formed on her skin and started to cover her body. Sam looked over to Gabriel whose face turned pale.
"What do you want?" Serah asked, taking a step in front of her father.
"I want to take what's mine." She let her gaze wander over the young nephilim. "After Michael and you let me down."
Sam put his hand on his daughter's shoulder. "Serah, what is she talking about?"
Serah chewed on her lip. "Uhm, so when I was with my jerk uncle, he told me that the Empty promised not to take either of us if something happened if we kill Cas and Dad because they literally cheated death and yeah, we're kinda screwed."
"Oh, they didn't just cheat me. Your daddy's little friend? Oh, she cheated the entirety of all crossroads demons. And I am the one that puts an end to this." She took another step towards them as the black substance disappeared. "If you don't come with me voluntarily, I will do what Michael failed at."
Gabe stepped forward and pushed Serah to Sam, facing the possessed angel. "And that would be?"
The Empty smiled. "Burning this miserable planet to the ground."