Sixty-Eight

"Sammy?"
Sam got out of the baby room. Gabriel, who had parted ways with his female vessel and reclaimed his male one, watched the door.
"Should we put the nicknames or the full names?"
"I think the full names are a bit long," Sam said. "Gabriella Lucille and Raphael Michael are both long."
"So just Brie and Raph?"
"Yeah." Sam smiled as Gabriel put up the letters on the door. "Have you seen Serah today?"
"Who do you think is babysitting?" Gabriel giggled. "She's with Tedy."
"You mind if I go to them?"
"Enjoy."
Sam smiled and went to the kids. "Hey," he smiled. "Having fun?"
"Serah explained something to me," Tedy said. "She said that Aunt Gabe is now Uncle Gabe."
"That's right," Sam agreed and sat down.
"And that's okay," Serah said. "Because Uncle Sam likes boys and girls."
"Can I like boys and girls too?" Tedy asked.
"Of course." Sam smiled softly. "There are also people who are not a boy or a girl, and you can like them too."
"Wow!"
Serah laughed. "Anyway, dad, those two little bundles of sunshine? They're adorable."
"Not too much trouble?" Sam leaned over and pressed a soft kiss on Brie's forehead.
"They're absolutely unproblematic, unlike every other person here."
"Thanks," Sam laughed. "We just finished painting the nursery and Dad put up the letters on the door."
"Oh, that's good." She swept a strand of hair out of her face and behind her ear. "Did Aunt Jess meet them yet?"
"She's still in Ohio, but Mom should come home soon." He smiled. "Hey, Tedy, do you wanna show Uncle Adam and Uncle Samandriel your cousins?"
"Yes!" Tedy jumped off the bed and ran outside. Sam laughed and followed with Serah and the twins.
Sam knocked on the door. "Hey, do you have a moment?"
Adam opened the door and watched them. "I guess so?"
"We'd like you to meet your niece and nephew, Brie and Raph." Sam proudly showed off the kids. "A full day old."
"They're so cute." Adam got closer. "A boy and a girl?"
"Yes," Sam said. "Gabe is glad it's over."
Adam smiled. "I imagine." He tilted his head and watched the baby. "Really cute."
"Well, all of their children are cute," Serah said.  "And if you say otherwise, I will cry."
Sam laughed and put an arm around her. "You're the cutest of them all, I promise."
She smiled. "Eliot is taking me out to buy a dress for the wedding later today."
"That's nice."
Serah smiled. "So I'll have to leave you with the babies, sorry."
"Just be home before sunset, okay?"
"Always, Dad."
Sam pressed a kiss on her head and watched Gabriel, coming out of the kids' room. "I've finished."
"Doubt it," Sam said.
Gabe frowned. He dusted off his dirty shirt and walked up to them. "I might have gotten bored and snapped the rest."
"I wanna look," Sam smiled and went. The walls were painted in a soft beige, two bassinets stood side by side underneath a crib mobile. A large, colourful rug covered the floor and a toy box stood between them.
"Wow," Sam said. "I love it." He stepped closer and watched Brie. "You like what Daddy built for you?" he asked and put her on the bassinet. He leaned over and smiled.
Serah walked beside him. "Wow, love that." She laughed and put Raph in the other bassinet.
"Gabe, you did well."
"I know," Gabe laughed. He walked up to them and leaned against Sam. "I love you, Sam."
"I love you too, Gabe." Sam put a kiss on the tip of Gabe's nose.
"Ew, affection," Serah laughed. "I'll go now. Eliot should be here in about ten minutes and I look like trash." She pressed a kiss on both of their cheeks and left.
"Sam, did you already buy a suit?"
Sam shook his head. "Not yet," he said. "But I will this week."
"Okay." Gabe leaned against his chest. "I'm so excited."
"Me too," Sam smiled. "I can't wait for all the things to be done."
"It'll be the best day of my life."
"Mine too, love." He ran his fingers through Gabe's hair, resting at the base of his neck. "The beginning of the rest of our life together."
"The better half," Gabe laughed.
"Yes. The better half."