Fourteen

Sam brought the dirty dishes to the sink. He was ready to get some alone time, just the dishes and him while he cleaned them. That, unsurprisingly, wouldn't happen. Gabriel walked up to him and took a dry towel. "Hey dimples," he chirped, taking the wet plates and drying them.
"Gabriel, we talked about this." Sam's eyes looked over to the door. "I'm not ready for Dean to tell me why this is a bad idea."
"You think we're a bad idea?"
"Of course not, Gabe." He looked over for a second, they both shared a concerned look. "But Dean probably does. You two aren't really best friends."
"I'll try my best to change that."
Sam smiled faintly. "You'll try that. And I'll try to encourage Cas to maybe drop a hint or two."
"You think Cas is the right man to do that?" Gabriel chuckled. "He isn't the most subtle person in my experience."
Sam shrugged. "He's not." He handed Gabe the last plate and wiped off his hands on his jeans. He let out the water and turned around, leaning against the counter.
"When are you gonna tell him?" Gabe put down the towel.
"I told you. When I think Dean will listen to me long enough."
Gabriel looked bothered. He put away the plates and attempted to leave.
Sam let out a deep sigh. "Gabe, wait." He wrapped his hand around the archangel's wrist and pulled him back. "Don't worry about it. I'll tell him maybe next week, maybe the week after. I promise."
Sam leaned over and pressed a kiss on Gabriel's lips.
A noise made them jump apart, someone clearing their throat. Sam was ready to explain to his brother how and why and what, his heart booming in his chest. When he looked to the door, however, it was only Castiel. Sam felt like a lot of weight got taken off his shoulders.
Cas tilted his head. "I thought you two-"
"Yeah, we know. Secret and stuff. Won't happen again that openly."
"If this is important to you, you should be open about it."
Sam looked to the side. It felt wrong to hide their feelings. In the time Dean was gone, he and Gabriel had gotten really close. Not really in a relationship or anything that would indicate that, but since the day before, Sam knew they were... Something. They were dating, kind of. If it wasn't for Dean, they would probably be a regular couple, just really understanding their feelings and everything. Except that they already had a daughter, which made everything a little more complicated.
Of course, there was also that underlying worry about what felt like a curse. Every time Sam got intimate with someone, they ended up dead. Sam wasn't ready for this to happen to Gabriel as well. He just came back, however that was.
Sam sighed deeply and left the kitchen. He walked towards his room, where Dean crossed his path. "You look worried."
"I am, but you don't need to be."
Dean watched his younger brother. "Look, I told you I'm fine, and I mean it."
"It's not that," Sam admitted. "I mean, yeah, I'm still worried for that but it's some other stuff."
"Some other stuff?"
Sam stuffed his hands in the pockets of his jeans. "Love stuff."
Dean watched him surprised. "Love stuff? You're seeing someone?"
"It's complicated," Sam said, regretting having said anything.
"Who is she?" Dean asked.
Of course, he'd ask. Sam thought what he was supposed to answer. "None of your business," was his choice.
"None of my business? I'm your brother, and we don't want another Becky situation, do we?"
Sam chuckled. "I'm not drugged, Dean."
"Not yet."
A smile spread on Sam's face. "Let's switch the subject."
"Good," Dean commented. "Where are all the other hunters?"
"Oh, we spread them out over the US. They were supposed to keep an eye out for you or any other suspicious activities. Guess I tell them to just do their hunter thing."
"And mom?"
"She's out too. We should probably call her. She'll be happy to see you alive and not possessed. Also, it's time she meets Serah." Sam made his way towards his room.
"Why Serah in particular?"
Sam looked over his shoulder. "She's family."
Dean looked suspicious. "Alright then. You're going to bed?"
Sam nodded. "It's been an exhausting day."
"Yeah," Dean agreed. "Good night, Sammy."
"Night, Dean." He disappeared into his room and closed the door.
"That was progress."
Sam flinched and turned around. Gabriel leaned against the closed door. "Dude, you can knock."
"Dean would have seen me," Gabriel explained. "And I thought it'd be better if he didn't have any reason to ask questions." He pushed himself off the door and stepped closer.
"What are you doing?" Sam asked.
Gabriel took another step closer and popped open one of the buttons on Sam's shirt. "I heard Dean was gonna go for a late night beer run, so we have some time for us."
Sam chuckled and took Gabe's hands off his chest. "Sure, but not that kind of time."
"You want it."
"I might, but Dean is probably still in the hallway."
"We'll be quiet."
"I doubt you will be."
Gabriel frowned. "I'll convince you." He pulled down the hunter's face and pressed their lips together.
"We don't have to have sex to have a good time," Sam mumbled, their lips basically still on each other.
"But it'd surely be better."
Their lips found each other again, and they slowly made their way to the bed.
"But really quiet, okay?"