Thirty-Two

Serah bit her lip. She lifted herself on the table and watched her father.
"Can you stop that?" she asked harshly.
He looked up from the gun in his hands. "Just wanna make sure he knows what he's getting into," he said
Gabriel approached him from behind, took the gun out of his hand and with a snap of his fingers it was gone. "Stop it," he hissed.
The nephilim got up and walked up and down. "Don't scare him," Serah mumbled. "I really like him."
"I know, sunshine." Gabriel stepped closer and hugged her. With a deep breath, she calmed down. Then, the door rang.
Serah ran up the staircase and opened the door. "Hi," she smiled.
"Hey." Nate stepped closer and hugged her tightly. Serah pressed her face in his shoulder closing her eyes. "You look beautiful today," he added.
"Thank you," Serah said and blushed. She took his hand and led him downstairs. Meanwhile, Dean and Cas had joined the others.
"Uhm," Nate mumbled. "These are more guys than I expected."
Sam lifted himself from his chair and approached him. Nate was tall, but Sam was taller.
Serah felt Nate's hand getting moist. "Good day, sir," he said.
Sam looked down on him. "So you're my daughter's boyfriend?"
"Sam, stop it." Gabriel stepped closer and got in front of the hunter. "Hi. I'm Gabriel. It's nice to meet you."
Serah smiled a little. "Those are my dads." She approached the table where Dean and Cas were sitting. "And they are my uncle Dean and my uncle Cas."
Cas smiled. "Hello." Dean remained silent, only giving a small nod. Cas cleared his throat. "Honey, don't you have food on the stove?"
Dean jumped up from his chair. "J have food on the stove." And with a quick run, he was gone.
Serah smiled and sat down on one of the chairs, Nate right beside her. Her hand rested on his.
Sam sat down on the chair opposite to them and leaned in close. "How are your grades?"
Nathan watched him confused. "My what?"
"I don't want my daughter to date an idiot."
"Well, you dropped out of college." From the hallway, Jess approached and took place next to him.
"You did, too." He turned his head to her.
"Sam, you're scaring him. Just relax and trust your daughter." She turned to them and smiled. "Hi. I'm her aunt Jess. Don't let him scare you. He really is a cuddly bear."
"Jess!"
Serah giggled. "She's right," she agreed. "He gives amazing hugs and he doesn't like letting go either."
Nate looked a bit more relaxed and leaned back into his chair.
"Also, Dean's food is fantastic." Just as she finished, Dean brought in several plates and spread them on the table so each got one. Then, he sat down next to Cas.
"Jack! Clark!" he yelled. "Dinner's ready!"
A few moments later, the two boys came down the hallway, cheeks flushed. They took place next to Serah and kept their eyes on the table. Sam and Dean shared a quick look.
Serah was glad they had drawn the attention on them. That meant Sam wouldn't ask more questions. She thought.
"What are your plans for the future?" Sam watched the boy.
"Uhm." Nate scratched the back of his head. "Not quite sure yet, honestly."
"Does that really matter?" Serah asked. Sam watched her and pulled up an eyebrow.
"So, which one of you is the angel?"
Silence. But then, Gabriel smiled softly. "I am," he said. "Me and Cas over there."
Serah nodded. "So Cas and my dad and brothers and Dean and my other dad are brothers."
"And I'm the awkward ex-fiancée," Jess laughed. "Sam and I used to date about 15 years ago. And then things didn't work out, I suppose."
Sam smiled faintly. "I just found the love of my life." He put his hand on Gabriel's.
"That's my eating hand," Gabriel commented dryly. "Leave it alone."
Serah laughed. "Wow, me," she giggled and looked over to Nate. "You've been warned."
"Well, what if I ignore your warning?"
Serah giggled. She picked up some food on her fork and held it in front of his mouth. He parted his lips, but she put the fork in her own mouth. "Suck it," she mumbled.
Gabe smiled. "Look, Sam. Look how cute they are."
Sam sighed. "Yeah, maybe."
Serah heard a thump and Sam flinched. "Stop it," he hissed.
"Make me," Gabriel teased. He put his elbow on the table and supported his head on his wrist.
Sam frowned. "Gabe, stop it."
"Yeah, Gabe, stop it," Dean agreed. "There are children around."
Serah shared a look with Nate and blushed. He was just as uncomfortable as she was. She finished her plate and set down the fork. "Maybe you should stop," she added. She really wish they did.