Ninety-Two

A deep sigh escaped Serah's lips. She set her head on Jack's lap and closed her eyes. "He didn't even pick up the phone, Jack!"
"That's bad, right?" Jack wrapped a bow around an envelope. "Maybe you should go to him."
"I don't know." She watched his handwrite Clark's name onto the envelope. "What if he breaks up?"
"He stuck around for nine months and another six. I doubt it." Jack put the envelope away and smiled. "Anyway, what do you wish for Christmas?"
"You're not getting me anything, Jack." She sat up and pressed a kiss on his cheek.
"I want to get you a present," he said. "Just tell me."
Serah shrugged. "I don't know, man. Clothes? I like clothes." She got up and walked up and down. "Christmas is so weird, I mean... Why do we care that Jesus was born?"
"It's a tradition." Jack itched his nose and shrugged. "I think it's nice to have some family time." Serah nodded and dropped back on the bed. She sighed when it knocked.
"Serah?" Dean asked. He opened the door and looked inside. "You have a guest."
She sat up and watched Eliot come in, cheeks flushed and a small bundle of flowers in his hand. He watched the two and chewed on his lips. "Hey, uhm. I owe you an apology."
"An apology?" She tilted her head. "Very sure?"
"I shouldn't have... You know. I should have more trust in you, because, you know..." Eliot looked down, saw the flowers and stretched them towards her. "I bought them for you, uhm. I wasn't sure which ones you liked and... Yeah." He put them in front of her and backed off. "That's all."
Serah jumped off the bed and wrapped her arms around him. "You're so sweet." She buried her face in his neck. "You're amazing, geez."
Eliot laughed nervously. "I just didn't want to argue and I missed you so... Yeah, uhm... Uh, hey. I have a question."
Serah watched him. "Hit me up, boy."
He blushed and looked at the carpet beneath their feet. "Can I stay over Christmas with you guys?"
"With us?" Serah asked, furrowing her brows. "Are things bad at home?"
"No, no. Home is good." He shook his head. "Sorta. My parents are, uhm... Home isn't good, actually."
Serah rubbed her hands along his shoulders. "I suppose you don't wanna talk about it?"
"Not really, no. But can I stay over the holidays?"
"Of course. You're family." She pressed a kiss on his cheek and hugged him. "I love you."
"I love you too." He set his chin onto her shoulder. "I think I'll have to go back home." He kissed her forehead and smiled faintly. "Bye love."
"Bye-bye." She picked up the flowers and watched as he left the room. "You were right."
"I know I was," Jack laughed. "You should trust me with relationships."
"Surely will," Serah said and kissed his cheek. "I'll talk to the others and tell them Eliot is staying over." She got up and walked to her dads' room. "Hey guys," she said and knocked. "Are you naked?"
"Not yet."
"Gabriel, dammit. No Serah, you can come in."
Serah chuckled and opened the door. "Just a quick question," she said. "Would it be alright, if Eliot came over for Christmas? Apparently, things aren't great at home and he'd like to spend the holidays with us."
Sam furrowed his eyebros. "I mean, of course he can, but... Are things alright? I mean..." He seemed to rephrase his sentence in his head. "Are his parents... nice?"
"They were when I was with them," Serah said. "I don't think his parents are abusive. I've never seen a single bruise on him."
"Mental abuse exist, dear." Sam cleared his throat and sat upright. "Maybe you should ask him? One times too often is better than too little."
"You're right," Serah said. "Thank you, dad."
"I wasn't even asked," Gabriel complained.
"Okay," Serah said. "Pop, what's your opinion on the matter?"
"Your dad is right."
She laughed. "Thank you for your incredibly important input. I will do that." She leaned over the best and pressed a kiss on their cheeks. "On a different topic, Jack wants to buy me a present. How do I prevent that?"
Sam and Gabe shared a thoughtful look. "Don't?" Sam proposed. "Aren't presents a good thing?"
"They are," Serah said. "But Jack is as broke as I am, which is very, so I'm not looking forward to that."
"Well, if-" Gabriel gestured to underline his probability. "If he bought you a present, and money wasn't a deciding factor-" He closed his eyes and considered his words. "What would you want him to get you?"
Serah watched him and sighed. "He's a spy for you, isn't he?"
"Goddammit, Gabe." Sam shook his head. "I told you to act natural."
"I was natural!"
"You weren't anything, Gabe."