Twenty-Five

Serah knocked against her uncle's door. "Dean." She knocked again. "Dean."
"What?" Dean opened the door.
"Dad says you two are leaving." She leaned against the doorframe.
"Where?" He looked very annoyed.
"Manhattan. He said some hunters called. It's urgent."
"Manhattan?" Dean repeated, retreating in his room but leaving the door opened. "Like, a hunt? Spirit, demon, anything specific?"
"I don't know," Serah admitted. "He just said it's urgent."
Dean left his room and they went to the main hall, as Serah had dubbed it by now. Sam, Castiel and Gabriel were already waiting.
"Be careful, okay?" Gabriel said. "You better not die." He cupped Sam's face and kissed him.
Sam chuckled and hugged the archangel. "I promise." He looked up and watched Serah. "You take care, okay?"
Serah smiled. "You say that like you're about to die."
"You never know." He wrapped his arms around her, too. "I love you," he said with a kiss on her head.
"Love you, too," she smiled.
Dean put on the jacket he brought from his room. "Let's go, then. Come, Sam, Cas."
"Cas isn't coming with us," Sam said. "He wanted to spend some time with Serah since they didn't really get to know each other yet."
Cas nodded agreeing. "Stay safe."
Dean raised his eyebrows. "Alright then. Just you and me. Cool." He patted Cas on the shoulder and climbed the staircase. Sam followed. When the front door shut, Serah turned around.
"Alright fellas, what are we doing now?"
Gabriel smiled and put his arm around her. "Well, what do you wanna do, princess?"
"Well," the girl smiled. "I guess dad wants me to spend some time with Cas and I'm excited to find out all about his fashion choices." She stepped closer to her uncle.
Cas watched her confused. "I'm sorry, I don't have much advice to offer in matters of clothing."
Serah smiled and hugged his arm. "Wasn't expecting that, honestly." She kissed Cas' cheek and put her head on his shoulder.
"My girl is a nephilim and I feel like she should know some Enochian." Gabriel snapped a sheet of paper and a permanent marker. He sat down at the map table and started scribbling down some signs.
Serah sat down next to him and leaned in his shoulder. "You know I'm bad with languages, right?"
"You're basically native," he smiled. "We just need to activate that spark."
Serah would have never thought she'd learn so much from all of them. First how to exorcize an archangel, then driving and then this.
Gabriel mostly spoke Enochian. Serah had trouble following for the first few sentences but something felt weird. She knew what he meant. She couldn't reproduce but she understood.
After a few hours of carefully studying the speech patterns, Serah started an attempt at talking. It worked. It worked scarily well. She spoke to her dad and uncle as if she grew up with it.
Gabriel smiled proudly. They spoke for another while until the bunker door swung open with a loud bang.
The two hunters came down the staircase, bloodstained clothes and wounds all over their bodies. The angels jumped up and approached them. When Serah stepped closer, she spotted a large wound in her dad's torso. Dean, who had carried his little brother to the table, dropped him on one of the chairs.
"What happened?" Gabriel asked, voice shaking.
"Dean shot me," Sam mumbled.
"Look, it was an accident. Now heal him!"
Gabriel snapped his fingers, but nothing happened. He tried again, still nothing.
"Gabriel," Dean said with a strong voice. "This is not a freaking game!"
"I'm nervous!" the archangel yelled.
"Okay, okay!" Serah knelt down beside the chair. "If we close the wound, the bullet is still in there. I don't see an exit wound which is good, but the bullet is still in there."
"Honey, we can do this. Just hold your father's hand and-"
"Dad, you can barely stand." Serah snapped a pair of scissors and some necessary tools. "I'm a big girl."
Sam chuckled softly. "You are our big girl."
Serah smiled and cut open Sam's shirt to where the wound was. She was focused not to hurt him, tried to keep her hands steady. Serah was no doctor, she didn't even know how to apply a bandage, but Gabriel was too nervous. She dug out the bullet and put it aside. With a snap of her fingers, the wound was closed.
Sam took a deep breath. He watched his brother, whose wounds were gone as well. "You owe me a good dinner."
Serah giggled and kissed his cheek. "You dodged death and your first thought is food?"
"I think dodging death is a common thing for us." He lifted himself from his chair and stretched his back. "It's late. I need to sleep. Dean is making breakfast tomorrow morning." He kissed Serah's head and Gabriel's cheek and went to his room.
"You shot Sam?" Castiel finally asked.
Dean groaned. "Look, he jumped in front of my gun and it happened. Accidents happen. Can I go to bed now?"
"Sure," Serah said. "Good night, Dean."
Dean followed Sam's path and disappeared into his own room.
Serah waited for Dean to close his door before turning to the angels. "Okay, so, now that I saw him again..." She scratched her back. "So, Dean had a thing with Anael when she was here and Sam made some kind of comment about him looking for an angel to have fun?"
Gabriel chuckled. "We should talk about this tomorrow morning, alright?" He hugged her. "I'll take a look on your dad and make sure he's okay. Maybe you and Cas can watch a movie or whatever."
Serah smiled. "Maybe I should sleep a little, too. I wanna wake up for breakfast and be ready to hear all the tea about Dean's angel preferences."
Cas watched her and tilted his head. "I don't know what tea has to do with this."