Nine

Sam dialled the number for the seventh time now. Frustratedly, Serah sank into a chair. "Sam, he won't pick up after the-"
"Sam?" The phone finally gave a response.
"Cas!" Sam replied, in a mixture of relief and anger. "You better tell me where you are now."
"I can't talk much," Cas said. "I told you to drive to the address!"
"Cas, where are you? Cas? Cas!"
No reply, Castiel had hung up.
Serah sighed. "We need to go to that address. Maybe they are here. Maybe they had to flee from here."
Sam nodded, and they made their way to the Nebraskan city Cas told them to go.
After a few hours of driving, they finally arrived. An empty factory building covered in graffiti greeted them. Sam seemed to recognize it, and Sam also had a vague idea.
"Angel warding," he muttered as they entered. They strutted the dark hallway, more black spray paint. One large metal door waited after a few turns. It was covered in more warding. Sam tried to open it - locked. They looked at each other. Then, Serah sighed and knocked on the door. Unsurprisingly, no answer.
"Castiel, open the door. It's Sam and me."
Silence.
Then the door unlocked. Clark opened the door. "Are you alone?" he asked.
"What?" Sam asked.
"Are you alone?"
"Of course we are," Serah said. "Where's Cas and Jack."
"Are they gone?"
Sam and Serah were equally as confused.
"Whatever you mean," Sam said. "Yes. They are gone."
Clark pushed open the door. "They're weakened, help us bring them to the cars." He headed back inside, Sam and Serah followed. Cas, Jack, Mona, Amie and an unknown man were sitting in the room, all of them covered in the same black ink substance. It looked like Sam was in complete shock. He was about to say something but Castiel signed him to remain silent.
The warding must have weakened them so much that they couldn't walk. Jack seemed to be fine, just as Amie and Mona and Clark. Just Castiel and the other man, an angel, we're weakened. Sam approached the man, he helped him up. The man's fingers dug into Sam's arm. Together, they left. Serah helped up Castiel with Jack. Even though Mona and Amie seemed physically fine, they were in deep shock. Clark kept an eye on them. All of then left the fabric building. immediately Cas seemed to feel better, but not well enough to stand alone.
Sam had let down the man on the backseat of their car, Jack and Serah helped Cas in the passenger seat. For a moment they could calm down before the man suddenly retreated into the car in fear. Serah turned around. A man in a suit and hat stood in front of them. He was taller than Cas but shorter than Sam.
"Michael," Sam gasped.
"Distracting you was too easy." Michael smiled.
"What do you want?" Sam barked at him.
"Your head on a stick," Michael replied. "And the Nephilim."
"Ew," Serah yelled. "No way."
"Neither of those is gonna happen," Sam replied while slowly moving in front of Serah.
"Oh, I won't hurt her. Or force her. She's a smart girl, she knows switching sides is the smart decision."
"Switching to the dark side?"
"Switching to the winning side." He took a step forward. "Together we can take over the world. I can over you anything you want. Even immortality."
Serah pulled up an eyebrow. "Yeah, I'd rather burn your dumb ass in holy oil."
"Why are you standing up for them?" he asked. "They don't care about you. Again, I can offer you anything. Happiness is right in front of you."
"Well, I don't want anything from you."
"You just want to meet your daddy, don't you?"
"Stop it," Serah said.
"That's all you want," he continued.
"I said stop!"
"Well, he doesn't wanna talk to you."
"I said stop! You don't know anything!"
"Oh, I don't?" he asked. "If he wanted to talk to you, and be your father, why didn't he even bat an eye?"
"That's enough!" Sam interrupted.
Serah watched over her shoulder, into the car. "You... You are..."
The man didn't reply, his gaze sank down, avoiding eye contact.
"Serah," Sam shook her shoulder. "We can talk about this later. Now do your thing and knock him out!" He pointed to Michael.
Serah looked up to him, her brain worked hard to even understand what she wanted to think. "No," she said. "I won't."
"What?" Sam asked, shock lying in his voice.
"He's right. He is on the winning side." Slowly she approached the archangel, who simply laughed amused. "I told you she's a smart girl."
"You have to stay with us," Castiel demanded. Sam, Jack and Cas walked towards them. Reflexively, she rose her hand and stopped them. Michael put his hand on her shoulder. "Let's go," he said. "Let's give them some time to comprehend their loss."