Eighty-Two

"Ruby, I don't want to. You know."
The demon moved closer. "I told you. Nothing sexual, just benefits."
"Back then, demon blood nearly killed me."
"Back then, you weren't King of Hell." Ruby dragged her finger along the angel blade. A small scarlet drop formed on her finger.
Sam's throat tightened. He knew he shouldn't, he knew it's bad. The scent filled his nostrils, deep into his body. He closed his eyes and scoffed. "Bold of you to assume I would give in that easily."
Ruby crossed her arms and got up. "Fine. If you don't wanna be a proper King, I can't help you. Jokes on you."
The door swung open and the demon disappeared.
"Hey Babe, I thought you went to sleep." Gabe walked up to him and pulled him down for a kiss. "You look upset."
"Uhm, no." Sam sat down on the bed. "Just, uh, just tired."
"Are you sure?" Gabe asked, hand running through Sam's hair. Gabe knew too well how much Sam loved those gentle touches, and Sam knew too well this was Gabe's favourite was to get him to open up.
"Just come here, I need a hug." He pulled Gabe down on the bed and softly kissed his head. "I love your hugs."
"I know you do, Samshine." Gabe placed his head on Sam's chest and closed his eyes. "How about date night tomorrow?"
"Sounds nice." Sam ran his hand through Gabe's hair and kissed his head once more. "Diner?"
Gabe nodded. "Diner is good."
"I'll ask Dean to babysit, I guess." Sam slid down in the bed and pulled up the covers. "Or my parents."
"If the kids cry, I'll get up tonight," Gabe said.
"Thanks, love." He wrapped his arms around him tightly. "Goodnight."
But it wasn't a good night.
It was barely past 3 am when their bedroom door opened and Dean stretched his head in. "Hey, Sammy," he whispered.
"Dean, go away." Sam turned on his side. "I'm sleeping."
Dean sighed. "It's important."
"Screw you."
Dean walked in and walked to the bed. "I said it's important."
Sam sighed and sit up. "What is it?"

Sam leaned against the car window. "Did she say anything specific?"
"He's throwing bottles."
Sam sighed and closed his eyes. "This isn't our deal, usually."
"They're our friends."
"He's my father-in-law and she's my ex-wife."
"Friends, Sam." Dean sighed softly. "And it's kinda our deal, I mean... He isn't human."
"He's God!"
"I know, Sammy." Dean parked the car and quickly walked to the door. Chuck's door was wide open, glass shattering and loud voices.
"Chuck, I swear, if you don't calm down I'll leave and never come back!"
"I don't think so!"
Sam and Dean walked inside, a plate flying their way, shattering on the wall behind them.
"Chuck!" Becky cried out. "You almost hit them!"
"Oh, come on." Chuck dropped on his chair. "If I tried to hurt them, I'd do it properly."
Becky scoffed. "It's a miracle you can still even walk with a bottle of scotch in your bloodstream."
Sam walked towards them and gently put a hand on Becky's shoulder. "Alright, now we're gonna handle this situation like adults. No yelling, no plates." He reached over and put the bottle of scotch on the shelf. "And no alcohol."
"What do you know?" Chuck groaned. "As if you're so smart and know everything about relationships."
"Well, my relationship is going a lot better than yours right now." Sam sighed softly. "What happened?"
"Chuck has an alcohol problem."
"Yeah, we know that." Sam crossed his arms. "Should we talk about that?"
"I'm God," Chuck yelled. "I can do whatever I want!"
"Not if you wanna date me, Chuck."
Sam looked at his brother. He sighed and shook his head. "Chuck, if you want to be with Becky you might have to go without alcohol. Becky, you should help Chuck with his problems rather than yelling at him. Now you both go to bed, one sobers up and the other one calms down. Got that?"
Chuck got up from his chair. "Sleep sounds good." He dragged his feet along the floor and crashed on the couch.
Becky sighed softly and pulled him on the couch properly. She disappeared upstairs and brought down a pillow and the covers.
"You should get some sleep too," Sam said. "And talk with him when he sobered up."
"I'm so sorry you had to come here." Becky draped the blanket over Chuck and put the pillow underneath his head. "But I got scared and needed to call someone."
"It's okay," Sam said. "Just stay safe." He gave her a tight hug and went back to the car with Dean. They got inside and let out a deep sigh. "Let's go home before Gabe wakes up and kills me."
Dean started the car and drove down the street. It was late at night, so the brothers were puzzled when a young woman ran in front of their car.