Forty-Five

Serah stared out of the window. She couldn't bear Dean's neverending questions.
"But why were you crying?" he asked.
"Dean, please," Jess sighed. "She clearly won't talk about it and neither will I."
Serah wiped away her tears. "Dean, can you keep a secret?"
"Serah, you don't need to tell him," Jess assured.
"Of course, I can keep a secret," Dean replied.
"But you need to promise not to tell anyone before I can."
"Alright, alright," Dean said.
Serah bit her lip. "So, I- I had a... thing... with Clark when Jack was, you know." She wiped away her tears. "And, uhm..."
"Okay, so, that sucks," Dean admitted. "But that has nothing to do with you being- Oh."
Serah leaned to the window. "Yeah. Big problem."
"Sam's gonna kill... someone." Dean watched her through the car's mirror.
"Nathan's gonna kill me." More tears formed on Serah's waterline. "I'm a horrible person."
In the distance, the bunker approached. Serah was nervous to confront Clark. She'd have to tell him. It was only fair. She left the car with trembling limbs and went inside. The bunker was silent except for the kitchen. Clark and Jack sat on the table, fast-food on their plates.
"Hi," Jack smiled. "Are you feeling better?"
"Uhm," Serah sighed. "Clark, can I talk to you for a sec?"
Clark put down his fork, got up and followed Serah out of the kitchen into the hallway. "What's wrong?"
"We have a problem," Serah started. "Both of us. We're screwed."
"Why?" Clark asked. "What happened?"
"I'm-" Serah made sure Jack was way out of hearing range. "I'm pregnant," she whispered.
Clark raised his eyebrows. "No," he claimed.
"Yeah," Serah scoffed. "Trust me, I'm not in the mood for jokes."
"I didn't tell Jack yet."
"We gotta," Serah said. "He deserves the truth. And if I have to tell my boyfriend, you gotta tell yours too."
Clark shook his head. "You gotta help me."
"I will, " Serah promised. "And we should do it now." She walked around the boy and headed to the kitchen, the nephilim still eating his lunch. "Hi, Jack, Clark and I have to tell you something." She sat down and watched out the hallway. "Right, Clark?"
Clark came into the kitchen, sat down next to Serah and watched his boyfriend.
Serah sighed. "So, uhm... We did something very, very dumb."
"Oh," Jack said. "Did you get in trouble?"
"You could say that."  Serah watched Clark.
"I just wanna tell you, that I love you, very, very much and what happened was a dumb mistake," Clark said. "And I-... we should never have done that."
"What did you guys do?" Jack asked concerned.
"We, uhm..." Serah looked down. "We had sex."
"What?" Jack watched the two.
"Jack, we're sorry," Clark explained. "It just... happened. We were so overwhelmed by your death and-"
"And you cheated." Jack got up. "I-... I trusted you! Both of you!"
Serah teared up but didn't say anything. She knew had disappointed him. She let Jack storm off and watch Clark follow him. Serah dropped her head on the table and started crying. She didn't even bother with the bunker's door being slammed shut and her dad's voice echoing through the empty halls. "Guess what guys!" Sam yelled. He stumbled into the kitchen, meeting Serah's reddened eyes. "Serah, what's wrong?" He dropped in the chair next to her and pulled her into a tight hug. "We're the doctor's results bad?"
Serah sniffed. "Dad, I-... I'm pregnant."
"What?" Sam exclaimed. "You've gotta be kidding me."
More tears left Serah's eyes. "I'm sorry. It was an accident."
"I'm gonna have a talk with Nathan. He's in big trouble."
Serah looked down. "It's not Nathan's baby."
"What?" Sam let go of his daughter. "Serah, how could-"
"Obviously, we're going to support you no matter what," Gabriel interrupted, kneeling down next to the girl. "Right, Sam?"
Sam watched between the two. "Of course am I gonna support my daughter. That doesn't mean what she did was good."
"Nobody said that." Gabe put a hand on his daughter's knee. "You have to tell your boyfriend."
Serah nodded. "I know... I'm sorry."
Gabe pulled her into a hug. "We still love you, sweetheart."
Sam wrapped his arms around them both. "We're gonna figure it out. I promise."