Eighty-Four

Sam tapped against the wooden table. "Hey, uh, hey Rowena. I might need some, uh, some help with... uhm... things..."
"Things?" Rowena asked. "What are those things?"
"I need some help with a curse. Bring the Book of the Damned." He cleared his throat, letting out a deep cough. "Please."
"I will come soon." Rowena hung up the phone.
Sam sighed deeply, coughing once more. He rested his head on his arms. His eyes felt heavy. He closed them and gave in to the desire to sleep.
He woke up to his name and someone shaking his shoulder.
"Sam, are you okay?" Gabriel shook his shoulder harder.
Sam moved his head closer to Gabe's hand. He didn't answer, only muttered some agreeing noises.
Gabe knelt down beside the chair. "Sam, we're in the library. You've been coughing all the time." He lifts Sam's chin up gently and ran his thumb along his jawline. "Can we go to bed?"
Sam slowly straightened and rose from his chair. The shelves started spinning as Sam's eyelids closed shut and he dropped into Gabriel's arms.
"Hey, hey, alright." Gabe hooked his arm under Sam's knees and picked him up.
Sam leaned to the side and rested against Gabe's shoulder. Didn't think Gabe could carry him, but Gabe was an archangel, so obviously Sam wasn't more than a hassle to get through the door. Sam wasn't entirely sure why he was so tired. Maybe he spoiled himself with the father life, sleeping nine hours every night on his husband's chest. Sam felt his pillow under his head and Gabe's hands tugging on his belt.
"Let's make it nice and comfy for you," he said. "And let you have a nice, long nap." He pulled down the jeans and stripped off his shirt. Then, he draped the blanket over Sam and pressed a gentle kiss on his forehead.
Pressure built up in Sam's chest as he coughed into his pillow. He rolled on his side and pressed his pillow on his face.
"Someone caught the flu," Gabriel said in a gentle voice. "You wait here and I see what I can do."
Sam nodded. He closed his eyes and listened to Gabe's footsteps leaving the room. It was quiet for a moment, then there were more steps. He opened his eyes and watched up at him.
"I asked what to do." Gabe put down a bowl on the nightstand and sat down on the edge. "I didn't know what to do."
Sam looked into the bowl. "Dean made sink stew." He dropped into his pillow.
"No," Gabe said. "Your dad made it."
Sam slowly sat up. "Well, it was nice knowing you as this will be my last meal, filled with more Cayenne pepper my body can handle."
Gabe seemed worried. "I didn't know," he said.
Sam smiled softly. "Don't worry. Dean would have fed me if he needed to." He reached for the bowl and put it on his lap. "Thank you, honey. I appreciate it."
Gabe got up, walked around the bed and got beside him. "I'll clear things up in Heaven, check into Hell for you and then I'll take care of you, promise."
Sam leaned to his shoulder. "Babe, it's okay. I'm sure Dean needs to let out his mommy-instinct."
"I'll call him for you." Gabe got up and left the room again. Sam ate his sink stew and waited. Moments later, Dean came.
"I heard you complained about the sink stew." He grabbed the remote and dropped next to Sam. "Then I'll have to make sure you eat it."
"Dean, you're opening Netflix."
"Shh, just because I'm parenting you doesn't mean we can't have fun."
Sam laughed and let out a small cough. "I feel like my lungs are burning."
"Where did you catch that?"
"I don't think I'm sick..." Sam itched his nose. "I think that's part of the curse."
"A cough?" Dean selected one of their favourite shows. "Anyway, did you call Rowena?"
"Yeah." Sam ate his stew. "She said she'd come by."
Dean nodded. "So, how are the kids?"
"Good." Silence. "They are really sweet."
"Good." More silence. They watched the show, only disturbed by Sam's occasional cough. Dean crossed his arms and watched into Sam's bowl. "We're really like that now, huh?"
"What do you mean?" Sam asked.
"We used to talk more, and now our only topic is... children."
"Probably because we always used to talk about hunting, Dean," Sam said. "We don't do that anymore, and I doubt you wanna hear about Hell."
"Yeah, I guess." Dean shrugged.
"Trust me, I wish I had more to talk about."
"But you also wanna spend time with Gabe and the kids." Dean smiled. "I get that you'd wanna be with them. They're adorable."
Sam smiled and sunk into his pillow.