Ninety-Three

Awkward silence. It was rare a Winchester dinner was this quiet. Serah was sure Eliot was blaming himself while everyone else knew that this was just a particularly quiet evening.
Finally, after what felt like an eternity. "Daddy, can you help me?" Tedy shoved her plate across the table. "It's too big."
"Last time I heard this-"
"Dean, don't you dare take filthy words into your mouth when we have guests and children around." Castiel pulled the plate to himself, cut the turkey pieces smaller and put the plate back."
Sam snickered. "Yes, Dean. Don't say things like that, especially since lying is a sin."
"Just because there's no need for you to hear that-"
Serah cut Dean off with her laughter. "Have you seen pop whine about his clothes? Every time he puts on one of his shirts-"
"This isn't about clothes," Dean said.
Serah watched the table and thought. "Oh," she said. "Oh!" she repeated. "Oh, come on, guys. Oh my God, you guys are disgusting."
"Keep me out of this," Chuck mumbled. "Let's not make this day more awkward than it is."
"We never celebrated our birthdays but when he came around, oh." Gabriel rolled his eyes. "Then it's a big deal."
Sam brushed his hand over his arm. "Babe, when is your birthday? Let's celebrate it next year."
"I don't know," Gabriel admitted. "It's been a few years."
"Everybody shut up and eat," Jessica said. "We have a guest and you're behaving like- Well, like you always do. Anyway, Eliot, how are you doing?"
"I, uhm... Good." He shifted in his seat and watched Serah's encouraging smile. "Just a bit, uhm, intimidated."
"I promise you that Sam doesn't even know how to load a gun anymore." Jessica laughed.
"It's not that." Eliot tried to avoid eye contact. "But I'm sitting at a dinner table with ex-hunters, angels, an archangel and... God..."
Chuck laughed. "Don't worry about me. I'm basically human by now."
"Dad told me he has a cat blog," Serah said as she shoved more food into her mouth.
"One of my favourite animals, no judge." Chuck smiled. "Do you like cats, Tedy?"
"Daddy said they make him feel itchy." Tedy ate some turkey. "But I pet one. It was really soft."
"Aww." Chuck smiled. "I'll surely take you to meet some animals soon."
Tedy laughed excited. "Daddy?" she asked. "Did you know that Grandpa Chuck can sing?"
"I heard him sing you a lullaby," Dean said. "And he played the guitar for you."
"I wanted to learn how to play the guitar," Serah said.
"But?"
"I'm lazy." She smirked and bit her lip. "I have news, anyway."
"Please don't be pregnant, please don't be pregnant." Sam closed his eyes and folded his hands.
"I'm enrolling in an online school." She unfolded Sam's hands and smiled. "Because without a high school degree, I can't enroll in college."
"College?" Sam asked. "You're going to college?"
"Gotta do something with my future," she smiled and kissed his hands. "Maybe I'll even go where you didn't and become a lawyer."
Sam smiled brightly. "That's amazing, honey. I'm really proud of you."
"Thank you, Dad." She shared a look with Eliot. "You're gonna help me study, won't you?"
"Of course."
"Daddy, when do I go to school?" Tedy asked.
"Usually, kids go to school when they turn six," Dean explained. "So, you'll go soon."
Tedy looked happy with that answer. "Grandpa John told me you didn't like school."
"He's right," Dean admitted. "But school is very important. School makes you smart, and then you'll be as smart as Uncle Sammy."
Sam smiled but shook his head. "Don't listen to him. He is very smart too, but he's right. School is important."
Tedy nodded. "I'll be the best student ever! I'll make you really, really proud!"
A smile grew on Dean's face. "I'm already so proud of you, pumpkin."