Nineteen

Clark watched the female nephilim. "And Jack is in your room?"
Serah nodded. "It's gonna be a surprise for him. So get in."
Clark slowly opened the door and watched inside the room. Jack had patiently waited on the bed like Serah had instructed him to do. When he saw Clark, his eyes lit up.
Serah smiled. "Surprise." She watched Clark expectingly. When Clark remained silent, Serah sighed. "Clark is here to talk to you. Right Clark?"
The boy stuffed his hands into his pockets. "Yeah." He leaned against the wall. Serah sighed. Finally, Clark's nervousness faded and he cleared his throat. "Uhm, so... I've been coming here quite a lot considering we live far apart. And, uhm, while I'm already here..."
Jack tilted his head to the side and watched the other boy. "I want to help you if you like someone."
"That's... sweet." Clark scratched the back of his neck. "So, do you... Wanna go out on a coffee?"
"I don't really want any coffee right now."
Clark watched him. "Uhm. Yeah. Sure."
Jack seemed to notice that "going out on a coffee" wasn't what he expected. "But maybe we can go out on something else."
Clark watched Serah, who was smiling at him. She leaned over to Clark's ear. "He's not good with things like that. He does like you, really." Clark smiled and Serah decided it was time to leave them alone. She left the room and approached the bathroom. She locked the door from the inside and undressed. She took a well-deserved shower. The worries of the day washed off. Only when she left the shower and dried her hair, she realized she had forgotten her clothes. With a sigh, she reached for a towel and covered herself. She left the bathroom.
"Woah."
Serah turned around and watched the blonde girl. "What?"
"Nothing." Amie blushed and disappeared into her room. Serah rolled her eyes and went to her father's room. When she couldn't hear any voices from the inside, she pushed open the door and entered. Gabriel sat on the bed and watched something on Sam's iPad. So far he didn't notice her.
Serah opened the closet and took one of her dad's shirt out. With a snap of her fingers, she put on underwear and quickly added the plaid shirt. With another snap, the towel was gone.
"Hey, dad." Serah dropped on the bed next to him and watched the iPad. "Whatcha reading?"
The Archangel looked up, completely disoriented. "Uhm..."
Serah giggled. "I was asking what you were reading."
"Fanfiction."
Serah watched him, then the iPad. "Fanfiction? Really?"
"Gives me good ideas for our bedtime."
"Ugh." Serah turned her head as her dad laughed.
"I'm kidding, I'm kidding. I really like reading the romance-y stuff." Gabe put an arm around his daughter and pulled her closer.
Serah skimmed over the text when the door opened. Sam entered the room, watched the two on the bed and smiled.
"Did I miss something?" He approached the bed and leaned over them, kissing Serah on the forehead and pressing a kiss on Gabriel's lips. Then, his eyes went back to the nephilim. "Are you wearing my shirt?"
Serah smiled. "Maybe." She hugged Gabriel's arm and cuddled into his shoulder.
Sam smiled and lied next to them. He wrapped his arms around the nephilim and put a kiss on her still wet hair. The girl looked up and captured the perfect sight. The way Sam was looking at Gabriel was heartwarming. The smile he had on his lips was adorable and he basically had heart eyes.
"You know what we need now?" Sam interrupted his near-drooling. "Movie night." He rose from the bed and walked to his TV, pressed a few buttons on the remote and squeezed between them. He put one arm around each of them and kissed their heads.
Serah giggled. "Those are more kisses than I got in my life," she admitted.
"Get used to it," Sam announced. "You'll get a ton more."
The film started, Gabriel had snapped some snacks on Sam's lap and they all got silent. Sam's hand was playing with the ends of her hair, Gabriel put his head on his partner's chest.
Serah felt good. Things were good. This is what she had wanted for so long. She heard Sam's heartbeat that synced with his breath.
Serah felt like this was the perfect life. Because for her, it was.