Seventy-Four

"You did what?!" Gabriel yelled.
Sam felt so small sitting in front of him.
"I left you alone for an hour, Sam!"
"I'm sorry..."
"Why can't you just cheat like normal people? I could have excused that with human needs, whatever. But no, my husband needs to be a dumbass and sell his soul."
"I didn't sell my soul." Sam got up. "Trust me, I still have my soul. He said he got some kind of promotion from it and the contract was clean."
Gabe took a deep breath. "I can't believe this."
"Gabe, I promise that everything will be okay." He put his arms around Gabe and pulled him close.
"Do you understand how worried I am?"
"Of course, sunshine, but I'm okay." He cuddled the archangel and pressed a kiss on his head. "I love you."
"I love you too." Gabe backed off. "Even though you're a moron and an idiot."
"But I'm your idiot." He kissed his head and sat back down on the bed.
Gabe sat down on his lap, facing Sam. "So, your royal highness."
Sam laughed. "I'm not royalty, babe."
"I have no problem treating you like that though." He gently pressed his lips on Sam's and wrapped his arms around his neck.
Then, it knocked on the door.

"I was about to have sex, dad." Gabriel crossed his arms in front of his chest.
"You can have sex when I'm done talking to you." Chuck sighed. "It's important. I have received some news about Hell."
"I didn't ask Sam to do that."
"It not about that, but it's true, isn't it?" He sighed. "I would like to make things easier. For all of us."
"What's that supposed mean?"
"Wouldn't it be great if Heaven and Hell could finally negotiate in a peaceful way?"
"I don't like where this is going."
"I would like you to rule over heaven."
"Oh geez, no." Gabe buried his head in his arms.
Chuck ran his hand along his arm. "You would do amazing. Heaven needs a responsible archangel to take care."
"Why don't you take care? You're God."
"I will, eventually. But I need to sort through some issues before I can take care."
"I have three children!"
"I promise that you only have to check by once a week to see if everyone is doing their job and the souls are in their place."
Gabe shook his head. "Nothing more?"
"I promise. That will keep your kids safe too, in case anyone is not happy with the nephilims."
"If anyone touches my children I will explode them." Gabe clenched his jaw.
"No problem with that. I swear I will reward you greatly for this."
"That being?" Gabe straightened.
"I owe you one."
"Just leave me alone." He got up and sighed. "Once a week," he mumbled as he walked back to his husband. He watched Sam, undressed under the blanket. Gabe closed the door and walked to the bed.
"You don't seem to be in the mood anymore."
"Dad wants me to do his work." He sat on the edge of the bed. "And I don't really want to, but I guess I'll have to."
Sam gently pulled him down on his chest. "Relax, honey." He brushed over his arm. "Do you wanna talk about it?"
"Dad wants me to rule Heaven." He pushed his face in the crook of Sam's neck. "And I don't wanna."
"It's okay," Sam hushed. "Maybe it has its benefits. I mean, King of Hell and Ruler of Heaven as a couple? Sounds good to me."
Gabe lifted his head and kissed Sam. He felt a lot better, seeing Sam treat him so gentle. He liked Sam's rough side. Hell, he wanted him to go rough later. But for now, he folded his wings, cuddled in Sam's neck and enjoyed the soft touches Sam gave him.
He closed his eyes and soaked in Sam's scent. Sam used to smell like gunpowder since he always carried a gun, like whiskey -Sam's drink of choice-, like blood from the monsters he killed - at least when the two met.
Now Sam smelled like old books since he spent so much time in the library, like pancakes - Sam's favourite breakfast -, like sweat from the hot weather. - every day since he stopped hunting.
Gabe smiled and pressed soft kisses on the skin of Sam's neck. Maybe he did get in the mood again.