Sixty-Four

"Hey, Sweetie." Sam approached the nephilim and smiled. "Where've you been?"
Serah scratched her head. "I was out with Mary."
"I saw," Sam smiled. "You two are getting along great."
"Yeah, yeah." Serah leaned against his chest. "Eliot's coming over tonight."
"That's alright. Love you, kiddo."
"Love you too, Dad." Serah cuddled further to his chest. Soon, her breath synced with her father's, following the rhythm of his chest rising and falling.
"How's Mom?" Serah asked in a hushed voice, not to disturb the calm atmosphere.
"Taking a nap," Sam told her. "She looked at baby furniture all day and that tired her out apparently."
Serah chuckled. "I guess so," she smiled. "I hope Clark and Jack are ready for their baby."
"Not feeling any kind of attachment to the baby yet?"
Serah shook her head. "Not gonna lie, it's more like a mild inconvenience."
"Wow." Sam laughed. "Slightly sociopathic but you know, whatever."
"I know, I know." Serah backed off
and smiled. "It'll be fine." She watched up. "Did you grow your beard?"
Sam blushed and scratched the back of his neck. "Your mom likes it."
"I bet she does. You look good." She pressed a kiss on his cheek.
"Thank you, sweetheart."
A loud knock on the door.
"That's Eliot, I suppose." Serah walked up the staircase.
"Dropped for some boy." Sam put on an offended tone and laughed.
Serah blushed and opened the door. "Hi."
"Hey." Eliot smiled and hugged her. "It's been way too long."
"Definitely." She pressed a kiss on his cheek and went downstairs. "I have stuff to talk about with you."
"Did I do something?" Eliot asked.
"Oh no, not stuff about you and me. Stuff I need to talk about with someone." She walked through the archway and down the hallway.
"Something you can't talk about with your parents? I mean, I appreciate the trust, but you seem pretty close to them." Eliot opened the door. He dropped his backpack on the floor and sat down on the couch.
"Yeah, so... My parents sent out their wedding invites," Serah explained as she closed the door and walked to him. "And they wanted to invite my grandfather, so dad's dad. And they threw out the invite... and I got it out of the trash and delivered it."
Eliot seemed to think. "That wasn't that good."
"Yeah, no kidding." She slowly sat down on the bed. "Gee, I can't wait to get rid of this belly."
"I think you look cute with it." He stripped off his shoes and put his feet on the couch. "I like it."
"Shut it," Serah laughed. "It's not that fun and cute once your jeans don't fit anymore."
"I think you look cute still."
A soft pink tint spread across Serah's cheeks. "Thank you," she said.
Eliot lied down on the couch. "Do you have more things to talk about?"
"Well, I haven't heard from anyone in Omaha in quite a while now. None of them respond to my messages." She bit her lip. "Probably because I'm a dirty cheater."
"You made a mistake, okay? That doesn't make you a bad person."
"It does in their eyes."
"Then screw'em. You have new friends now. You have Max and Stacy and Jack and Clark. And you have me." Eliot smiled. "We're your friends."
"I don't think Max really likes me."
"She does," Eliot assured. "Max is just skeptical with this entire paranormal stuff."
"Clearly, she's never been to a haunted house before," Serah laughed.
"You shouldn't encourage her. She might do that."
Serah laughed again. "I hope she'll find a guardian angel so she doesn't do anything dumb." She paused. "Not that some angels wouldn't encourage her to do the thing."
"When your guardian angel has a drinking problem."
Serah laughed loudly. "I heard Cas had his fair share of Dean's alcohol cabinet. They don't really drink anymore though."
"Why?" Eliot asked.
"Theodora. They don't want to be bad parents, I guess. They're doing... fine, I guess."
"Fine? Something wrong with their parenting?"
Serah sighed. "Cas is pretty strict and Dean pretty much isn't. Don't know if there's anything wrong with it, but I guess they both could read a parenting book or so."
"I think they're doing good. They're learning. There's nothing wrong with it."