Twenty-Eight

Months had passed and Serah noticed her grandmother's bad mood. Obviously, it wasn't easy to see everyone be happy in a relationship and her own husband behaved the way he did. Serah decided the two of them needed to go and talk to him.
She knocked on the door of the motel room. She watched her grandmother before the door opened a crack, then fully.
"Mary?" John asked.
Serah sighed. "I'm here, too. Hi. We need to talk."
John looked down at her. "And you are?"
"Serah Fairchild-Winchester." The nephilim stretched out her hand, meeting no response.
"John," Mary now said. "This is Sam's daughter. Our granddaughter."
"Yeah, I have no interest." He tried to close the door but Serah held it open.
"This isn't your choice." She pushed open the door again. "You hurt your sons and you better apologize." She crossed her arms in front of her chest. "You ruined your sons future so you can get revenge for your dead wife and now she's not dead and you decide to be an asshole about it? What the hell is wrong with you?"
"Watch your mouth, kid," John growled.
"She's right." Mary put her hand on Serah's shoulder. "What happened to you? This is not the man I married."
"These are not the sons I raised."
Serah laughed. "You did a garbage job anyways. Making them insecure about themselves. Sacrificing themselves. They are heroes. They saved the world, and that clearly wasn't your doing. Dean already gave up on you, and Sam won't be patient for long. Make your choice."
The man watched his wife. "Mary..."
"No," she replied. "Either you accept our sons how they are, or you're never gonna see me again."
John seemed to think for a moment. "You should leave."
Mary shook her head in disbelief and followed his advice, leaving the motel room. Serah followed.
"He's an asshole," Serah sighed.
"He used to be so nice." Mary went inside the car, Serah did the same.
"Yeah, I wish I got to know the man you knew."
The ride home was quiet. Serah really hoped John was just overwhelmed and needed a while but clearly this wasn't true. Mary parked.
"Maybe we can convince Dean to make us some good lunch," Serah smiled. She leaned over and hugged her. "I swear we will figure this out."
Mary nodded. "But now we have other things to do. I overheard your dad talking about his and Sam's anniversary."
Serah gasped and covered her mouth. "Anniversary? Already?"
"Tomorrow," Mary smiled. "Sam said he planned something."
Serah jumped out of the car. "I need to get something for them... I think... Is this how it works?"
Mary chuckled. "They won't be mad if you don't."
The two of them entered the bunker. In the hall, Amie and Mona stood there with suitcases.
"You're leaving?" Serah asked.
"You wanted me gone for while anyway," Amie replied with a mean smile.
"Oh, I wanted you gone from the get-go."
"Serah," Gabe said. "Be nice.
Serah rolled her eyes before stepping to Mona, hugging her tight. "Stay safe," she mumbled.
"I will," Mona promised. "But I'll definitely come back visiting. Right, Gabriel?"
"You betcha." He hugged her as well and pressed a kiss on her cheek.
The two women left the bunker.
"Finally," Serah mumbled. "I'm glad she's gone."
"That's rude," Gabriel commented.
"Oh, Amie knows I hate her." Serah scratched her head. "Is Clark here already?"
"He got here half an hour ago," Gabriel answered.
"Great. See ya." She kissed his cheek and went to Jack's room.
"Heya, boys." She knocked.
Jack opened the door smiling. "Hi."
"Are you guys busy?"
"Clark and I wanted to meet up with friends. Do you wanna come too?"
"Duh," Serah smiled. "Hi, Clark."
"Hey," Clark replied from the back of the room.
The boys left the room and all three left the bunker.
"So," Serah started. "Who are these friends?"
"They live here in Lebanon. We met them in the store." Jack smiled. "I'm sure you will like them."
They headed to a park Serah actually had never been to before. Three teens sat on a blanket in the grass, two girls and a boy.
"Hi," Jack smiled and sat down on their blanket.
"Hey," one of the girls - the blonde one - said.
"This is Serah," Jack explained. "My cousin."
The boy looked up and smiled. "I'm Eliot."
"Really?" Serah asked, sitting down. "I know an Elliot."
The other girl now turned to her and smiled too. "My name is Stacy. This is Max."
"So, you know the Campbell brothers?" Eliot asked.
Stacy sighed and hit his arm. "Stop asking about them."
Serah watched Jack. "Campbell?"
"Sam and Dean," Jack explained. "And yes, she knows them."
"Sam is my dad," Serah explained.
"Jack said they hunt monsters." Eliot seemed excited.
"Did he?" Serah asked, watching Jack.
"I might have..." Jack admitted.
"The boys are a little bit insane," Max laughed. "They believe in monsters."
"Yeah, they should." Serah chuckled. "You know, monsters are real. Like, actually."
"I told you!" Eliot gasped.
Max and Stacy rolled their eyes. "Can you prove it?" Max asked.
Serah watched Jack. "Uhm..."
Max chuckled. "See? No need to lie. Let's talk about something else."
Eliot watched Serah. "Don't worry," he said. "I believe you."