Seventy-One

It was three in the morning, and Serah felt as if she was about to die.
"It's gonna be okay," Gabriel hushed. "Eliot's gonna be here soon, okay?"
"It hurts." Serah's eyes filled with tears. "I can't do this."
"Shh." Gabe kissed her hand. "You'll get a break soon."
Serah's gaze wandered over to the other end of the room. Jack and Clark sat at her desk. Serah rubbed over her face. "You better know I love you two and you owe me one and-" She squeezed Gabe's hand and held back a scream. "Clark?" she asked with a dry voice.
"Yes?"
"You did this to me. Be grateful I don't hate you."
Her phone rang. Sam picked it up from the nightstand and picked up. "Yeah?" He listened and got up. "Eliot's here, I'll let him in. Stay strong, princess." He left and a moment later, Eliot stormed into the room.
"I got here as soon as you called."
Gabriel moved back so Eliot could sit beside her and hold her hand.
"It hurts," Serah cried.
"I know, but it will feel so good when it's over." He pressed a kiss on her hand.
Serah closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "Oh, Lord." She cramped her hand around Eliot's wrist, a loud and painful scream came off her lips. "Crap!"
Sam brushed over her knee. "You're doing amazing."
"I can't." Serah cramped harder and the room filled with a golden light.
Sam smiled brightly and turned to Jack and Clark. "I can announce that you two are now fathers of a little baby boy."
Jack smiled. "Serah, do you wanna hold him?"
"I'll pass." She smiled and turned to Eliot. "Thank you for coming here."
"Any time." He looked down at his hand, slightly swollen. "Might wanna go to the hospital."
Serah bit her lip. "I'm so sorry." She gently took his hand and healed him. "Better?"
"Serah." Gabe moved closer. "You need to rest. No using grace."
Serah frowned. "I broke his hand, I have to fix it."
"Your dad is right." Eliot smiled. "You fixed me, now rest."
Serah watched him, then their hands, then the others.
Sam met her eyes and cleared his throat. "We're all very tired now. We should go to sleep and give Serah some rest." He leaned over the bed and pressed a kiss on her forehead. "And I think Eliot should stay for the night. We don't wanna send him out there in the night." He took Gabe's hand and opened the door. "Goodnight, love." Everyone left, and Serah and Eliot sat there in silence.
"I'm gonna sleep on the couch." Eliot got up and stripped off his shoes. The two had lots of sleepovers and usually, Serah would snap a second bed but now she couldn't. Because of this, Serah had never minded him sleeping in underwear and a shirt.
"No," Serah said and slid over. "Not gonna let you break your back."
Eliot scratched his head and shrugged. "If you say so." He got under the blanket. Serah put her head on his chest. She closed her eyes and silently let the tears run down.
She felt Eliot's hand running through her hair. "Do you want to talk about it?"
Serah nodded.
"Why are you crying?"
"Because now I can't hide behind my hormones and have to face my feelings."
Eliot wrapped his arms around her. "It's okay," he said. "Take all the time you need."
"You're too nice to me." Serah sniffed. "And I treat you like crap."
"Sometimes things need to be crap before they can be good. Also, you've been a very good friend."
Serah closed her eyes. "I love you."
"I love you too, Serah," he said. "Now get some rest and go to sleep."