Thirty-Four

A loud knock disturbed Serah's sleep. She opened her eyes and watched her dad standing between sleeping teenagers.
"Who allowed that?" he asked.
"Well..." She sat up and stretched her back. "You didn't say no either."
Sam pulled up an eyebrow. "You didn't ask me."
"Exactly," Serah said. "That's the strategy."
With a sigh, Sam stepped closer. "Dean, Cas and I will be out for the day. We'll be back before sunset. If we're not, tell your dad to look for us." He pressed a kiss on her forehead and ruffled her hair. "Don't do anything stupid."
Serah giggled. "I would never. We won't leave the bunker, I suppose." She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him down. "I love you, Dad."
"Love you too, princess." He smiled and left them alone. Slowly, Serah sank back in the pillow, Nate's arms wrapped around her. Usually, he was so energetic and fun. She actually never saw him sleep before. She thought he would be a snorer, maybe move a lot. He barely moved the night. He just needed something to hug which Serah appreciated.
There was no way Serah was gonna sleep again. She barely needed sleep in the first place due to her angelic heritage. Telling her other friends about angels was an adventure. Margo and Elliot seemed too excited while Tom and Indie remained very unconvinced. June wasn't too sure about whether to believe but Serah knew she'd believe eventually. She sighed and leaned to her boyfriend. He was so calm compared to Serah's mind.
The first one to wake up after she was June. She rubbed her eye, yawned and sat up. "Good morning," she mumbled.
"Morning," Serah replied. "How're things?"
June shrugged. "Been better," she admitted.
"Why?"
The girl sighed. "Oh, I don't know. I feel sorry for letting them go here."
"Don't worry," Serah smiled. "We wouldn't have done anyway. Also, it's the end of October. We'll get some horror movies and some horror stories my uncle told me they experienced."
June rolled her eyes laughing. "You mean they lied about experiencing."
"Noooooo," Serah giggled. "But seriously... They do some badass stuff out there. They're awesome."
After a while, everyone eventually woke up, plans were made and the group left the bunker. Of course, that was the exact thing she told Sam they wouldn't do, but Serah was sure he would never notice.
They went downtown to stock up on candy. Serah hadn't been short on money since Sam made sure he would give her plenty at any given occasion. They themselves weren't short either which is a given when you hack credit cards as a side job.
With a backpack stocked up on sweets, they headed back to the bunker. Netflix was gonna serve for their horror movie desires, so Serah thought. In a store down the street that had bought some cheap Halloween costumes. Serab had chosen a cheesy nurse costume, which Nate wasn't too pleased with. He himself had picked matching outfits with Eliot and Nate who were dressed as the cheapest superheroes the store had to offer. June simply bought a halo which suited her personality and also matched with Indie's red horns. Margo had decided that costumes are dumb but the others convinced her to at least put on a funny hat.
They walked down the large main street. The sun had already settled since they spent some time downtown. The evening sun disappeared behind the buildings when Serah felt a weird presence. At first, she assumed it was nothing until they started to enter the area where almost nobody was at that time of day.
The feeling of being watched grew, cold sweat ran down her back. Serah reached for Nate's hand. He watched her concernedly.
"You okay?" he asked softly.
"Yeah," Serah lied. "Just feeling a bit... off."
Serah watched over her shoulder and flinched away. A hooded figure stood at the other end of the road. "Guys, I feel like we're being followed."
The group stopped. Serah watched the figure once again but it was gone. Everyone was starring back there.
"Serah, you're just paranoid," Indie groaned.
"Yeah," Serah mumbled. "I guess so..." She turned around and a scream came from her lips. The figure, now identifiable as a male, was mere inches in front of Serah's face. The man dragged a silvery blade out of his coat and pierced Serah's skin immediately.
The others screamed in shock. Serah barely even flinched. The blade didn't hurt her, it was more the fear of dying driving tears into her eyes.
The man grabbed her and pulled her close. "We were at peace," the man growled. "And you and these Winchesters woke us up."
Serah was trembling. "It wasn't me. Let me go.". Under the hood, the man didn't look scary in the slightest. He must have been an angel. His vessel was rather short, blond hair and hooded blue eyes. Serah grabbed the blade still stuck in her torso. " Let me go or I'm going to kill you."
"Try," the angel hissed. "I wish you could."
Serah's grip tightened. "Just let me go. We can talk about this."
"That's what I thought before Castiel killed me." His expression shifted for just a fraction of a second. "He killed me when I was scared and helpless."
"I don't believe you," Serah said, tears streaming down her face. "He would never do this."
"He did," the angel insisted.
Serah gasped for air. "If you let me go, we can talk this out. He can explain himself. And then things will be alright."
The angel hesitated. "If I let you go, you will bring me to Castiel?"
Serah nodded. She pulled on the blade and it dropped on the floor. Her entire body relaxed. When she looked around, her friends were gone. Somehow, Serah was glad they were safe, on the other hand she was hurt they would let her die like that.
With a deep breath and trembling knees, she brought the angel to the bunker, asking herself whether this was a very bad idea.