Twenty

It was noon when a knocking woke Sam from his sleep. He opened his eyes to his mother, Mary, watching them. A smile formed on her lips.
"Good morning, Sam," she smiled at him.
"Morning, Mom."
The nephilim in his arm began to move, bringing a smile to Sam's lips as well. Only a few moments later, Serah sat up in the bed. When she spotted Mary, she flinched away.
"Hey, hey," Sam tried to soothe her. "Don't worry. That's my mom." Sam looked over to the blonde woman. "Ahem, Mom... this is Serah." Sam paused. "My daughter."
Mary watched the nephilim. "Your daughter? Sam, she's a teenager."
Serah cleared her throat and get out of the bed. "I should probably explain. Uhm... He... he didn't know I even existed a few months ago and I didn't know he was my dad either. I was looking for Gabriel."
"Well, you found him," Mary concluded from the archangel cuddling on Sam's chest.
"Mom, it's complicated," Sam sighed. "Gabe used to be in a female vessel, and I didn't know we had met before... And now he's back."
Mary smiled. "Well, I sensed you two were up to something. I should have guessed that earlier."
Sam blushed. "We've only been dating for a few weeks."
"Anyway," Mary said. "I've seen Jack and his boyfriend too. I think Dean sent them on a beer run."
"Boyfriend?" Sam furrowed his brows. "Clark is just a friend. It did I miss something?"
"Correct me if I'm wrong, but last time I checked friends don't hold hands."
Reflexively, Serah cheered. She covered her mouth immediately. "Sorry. I helped them get together yesterday."
Sam smiled. "That's nice."
Mary watched Serah. "I can't believe I'm a grandmother," she said. "You're such a pretty girl."
Serah blushed. "Thank you. I think I inherited some good genes from you and dad."
"I'll have to admit, you look a lot like Sam, but you also look a little like Dean, doesn't she?" Mary watched her son.
"Well, we're brothers, I guess." Sam scratched his head. "The only thing they have in common are the freckles."
Mary watched the nephilim. "Yeah, maybe it's that."
Serah tried to fix her hair. Sam thought she looked cute when her wavy hair was completely poofy and messy. Serah probably didn't think quite the same.
"Well, I should probably put on some pants," she mumbled.
"Do I get my shirt back?" Sam asked.
"Nah." She smiled, blew him a kiss and left the room.
Sam watched Gabriel. The archangel was in the process of waking up. He rubbed his eye and yawned. When he finally opened his eyes, he watched the hunter and smiled. "Good morning."
"Good morning," Sam replied and kissed his forehead.
Gabriel watched around until he met Mary's eyes. "Oh, uhm, hi." He sat up in bed.
Mary smiled. "Long time no see."
"How long have you been here?" Sam asked.
"Half an hour?"
Sam rose from the bed and approached her. He hugged her. "I missed you."
"I missed you too," she replied as she hugged back. "Dean made some breakfast."
Sam reached for Gabe's hand and the three of them went to the kitchen.
Dean stood on the stove and made pancakes, Serah sat at the table eating. She combined Sam's shirt with very distressed jeans and a black cropped top.
"A bit revealing, isn't it?"
Serah watched her dad. "What?"
"That's a lot of skin I can see," Sam rephrased. He sat down in front of her.
"Uh-huh. And now?"
Dean laughed. "You should know better than interrupting her while having breakfast." He put a plate in front of Sam. "Anyone want some coffee?"
Sam watched his brother for a moment. "I think I'm good."
"Me neither," Serah added.
Gabriel sat down next to Sam, and they all shared a quiet breakfast. Usually, this would be the time they discuss the ongoing hunt, but really, there wasn't a lot going on at that time. Sure, they had to deal with the empty, but other than that, things were calm.
"We really need a bigger table," Dean sighed as he dropped next to Serah. "Or move breakfast to the large table."
Serah nodded. "We're like eight people at best." She finished her pancakes.
"You got any plans for today?" Sam asked.
"Nah. Might go out and try to find some friends." She put up her hair in a ponytail so only her bangs were showing.
"Maybe you can go out with Jack and Clark," Dean suggested.
Serah shrugged. "Might." She leaned over the table and kissed Sam's and Gabriel's cheek. "I think I'll try to find Jack and Clark on their beer run and help them. Love you."
"We love you too," Gabriel smiled.
The girl left and the adults finished their breakfast. Only a few seconds later, Serah's voice was heard from the door.
"Uhm, we have a guest!"