Sixteen

"It's complicated," Serah mumbled.
"How is there a complicated story behind you not knowing how to apply bandages?" Nate laughed, securing the bandage around the girl's calf.
"That's complicated too," she replied, smiling down at him.
"Well, I have time." He sat down in front of the bench of the bus station and looked up.
Serah laughed. "Yeah, no. There are things some people aren't supposed to know."
Nate crossed his arms and rested them on his knees. "Am I some people to you?"
"Nate, really," she said.
"No, I'm serious. Am I just someone to you?" Through the lenses of his glasses, his eyes always had this beautiful shift which Serah was so in love with.
"Of course not," Serah replied. "Of course you're not just someone. You're basically my favourite person on this planet."
"Well, if I was, you'd tell me."
Serah slid down from the bench she was sitting on, getting eye-to-eye with Nathan. "Don't do this," she said. "You have no idea what you're talking about, so don't say things like that."
"I thought we don't have any secrets."
"Well, I'm sure we both do." Serah ran her fingers through her hair. "I know you have secrets as everyone else does."
For a moment, there was silence before Nathan cleared his throat. "Cool. I'll start. When I was 13, I found weed in my mom's car. Your turn."
"Don't screw me over," Serah said. "Your mom smokes more weed than you and Margo together. That's no secret, that's common knowledge."
Nate sighed. "What else am I supposed to say?"
"Fine. I'll start then." Serah looked around. She would tell him, only him. Not any random people that happened to be around. "I'm not human. I am part human, but just partly. I am a nephilim. One-half angel, one-half archangel. I didn't wanna tell you because you wouldn't believe me anyway. That's why I have no clue how to apply a bandage because I can just do this." With a snap of the fingers the bandage was gone, and so was the large rip in her calf. "Your turn, but honestly?" She rose up. "You couldn't care less about my privacy."
"Serah," Nathan sighed, also getting up from the floor.
"No," she replied. "I'm not getting down on your level." She crossed her arms in front of her chest. She was about to scold him some more but she only felt a pair of hands on her jaw and lips pressed against her own. Her eyes widened, her heart was banging against her chest.
Nathan pulled back, his eyes scanning Serah's face for emotions. "It's not invading my privacy if I tell you on my own." He let go of her face, picked up his bag from the floor and cleared his throat.
Serah tilted her head to the side and tapped her foot on the floor. "So, you're gonna take me out on dinner or what?"
"What?" Nate exclaimed.
"I'm a classy lady," Serah said, taking a step towards him. "Third kiss is gonna cost you. You gotta buy me dinner first."
Nate paused and thought. "Third kiss?"
Serah leaned in, rose herself on tiptoes and kissed Nate for a second time, even if it was only short.
"I'll hear from you," she said just as her bus arrived. She entered the bus, leaving the boy with a wide smile on his lips.
The ride felt short but when she arrived, it was pitch black. She entered the bunker and immediately, the air felt thick. The atmosphere felt tense, and yelling could be heard. Slowly, she approached the source of the noise, being Sam's room. She pushed open the door.
"I'm just so sick of it, Sam!" Gabriel stood at the end of the bed.
"You know this isn't easy for me! You're so selfish!" Sam replied from the other side of the bed.
"Oh, so my feelings don't matter now?"
"Gabriel, stop it!" Sam yelled. "I am not gonna tell Dean!"
"Tell me what?" Dean casually peaked over Serah's shoulder. When he appeared, Serah wasn't sure of.
Sam watched his brother, but Gabriel replied before Sam couldn't even react. "Sam and I are having sex!"
Both Winchesters watched the archangel. Dean was confused, if not in slight disbelief. And Sam? He looked like he was going to explode, like he was going to tear Gabriel to shreds. For a brief moment, there was silence. Finally, Dean cleared his throat.
"Sam, uhm, do you want to explain what he means by that?" Dean watched his younger brother. "Was Gabriel your love stuff?"
Sam watched to the side. "Yeah," he replied. "Yes, he is. Any other questions?"
Dean made a step inside the room. "Why didn't you tell me?" His voice was loud.
"Because I don't ask about your love life either, Dean!"
"But I also don't have sex with the dude that killed you a hundred times!"
Sam sighed deeply. "It's not just about sex. I love him, Dean. We-..." His voice cracked, his eyes filled with tears. "Serah is my daughter. Gabriel and I have a family. We love each other. I didn't tell you because I know that all you want to know about Gabe is that he did messed up things in the past, and not that he tried to redeem himself." He watched Gabriel, then he watched Serah, and then he simply left the room.
"Sam, wait," Dean said, trying to leave the room but Serah blocked the way.
"Give him space. He doesn't want to see any of you right now. The best thing you can do is do something together that you two don't hate each other."
Dean furrowed his brows. "We don't hate each other. I don't even care who Sam goes to bed with. I'm mad he didn't tell me. I'm his older brother."
Serah shrugged. "He just wanted more time."
Dean and Gabriel shared a look. A look filled with sorry.